Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The 2008 series starts tonight! Yay!

This is season 30. :)

emrys

partners in crime was alright... donna and the doctor were good in it though. the villian was abit silly though. thought that could have gone further but meh. never mind... and WTF

rose at the end!?

wasn't expecting that so early on. lol

Andy

Fires of Pompeii was a really good episode I thought. Moran is pretty good. :)

It did hark back a lot to the old days of Doctor Who, I thought. A lot of silly moments, such as the Doctor not realising he wasn't in Rome until the last minute... You'd think he'd have got the hang of the TARDIS after around 900 years... Just because in the Xmas special he said he was 903 years old doesn't mean he is: he's lied about his age before... :p

Anyways the tone of this episode was a lot darker than the first of the series... And I thought Tate did a really good job!

My favourite scene is the ones with Lucius Petrus Dextrus and Evelina are doing there whole soothsaying bit about the Doctor, and he's like WTF.

Loved the sly reference to the 1965 serial The Romans, where the Doctor had a hand in the Great Fire of Rome... and that wasn't the first time the TARDIS has been mistaken for a piece of modern art - that's a deliberate reference to the 1979 serial City of Death (written by none other than Douglas Adams), which happens to be Moran's favourite classic story.

Also, the comedy moments of the water pistol, "I'm Spartacus", and TKMaxximus to name a few.

What did anyone else think of this episode?

Andy

I saw bits of it... haven't watched it all the way through yet... looks pretty scary in a classic Who kinda way... this season is looking good! :D

Andy

Sontarans return! They looked pretty good in the trailer so lets hope they stay true to the characters... Wonder if they are still at war with the Rutan? lol

And... MARTHA!! Yay :D

Looking forward to some Martha and Donna scenes... should be "interesting". lol

Edited by Andy

emrys

the water pistol was awesome! :lol:

the pyroviles were pretty fierce

The_Fires_of_Pompeii.jpg

emrys

when

the guy turns into an ood!!!

AHHHHH!!

pretty gross. lol

Edited by emrys

Andy

Yeah that was abit... eww. lol

Oh well he deserved it. :p

Andy

Everyone seems to like Rose for some odd reason, lol.

My favourite companion is probably Adric.

Even though most other people don't like him, lol.

My least favourite is probably Peri. She was so bloody annoying lol.

Bad furday

Rose was alright, but I really like Martha. :D

Andy

Martha was alright... She's back next episode over here! :p

Bad furday

We get season 4 on SciFi channel now :D :D

Loved it!

*cackle-mouths* DOCTOR!!! THIS IS BRILLIANT!!! IT'S MEEEEEE!!!

:p

Andy

I missed it! Damn sleepiness. Meh.

Andy

:D

Drake

I liked Eccleston. Though, I guess I didn't really watch much of the others. I like the actor, anyway.

Ana

I got into the Doctor with Rose, so I had nothing against her. But then my friend Del starting ranting at me about what a chav she is. Also, about how the Rose era suddenly 'sexified' the Doctor (although that's more a NuWho in general thing than a Rose thing IMO). She holds a grudge against Billie Piper for inflicting the UK with her pop albums in the late nineties. And ever since then I find myself thinking "oh, chavtastic" every time I watch an episode with her. :p

I like Martha much more now that she's not mooning after the Doctor. Both on Doctor Who and Torchwood she's more confident, less "le sigh!". But during her season I was... impressed by Freema, but not lovin' the character so much.

I adore Donna, though. It's good for the doctor to have a grown-up companion!

And, I share a graphic. :p

derek_and_eds_theory_of_advanced_co.png

Andy

I do like Donna, and I don't see what all the fuss was over Rose... Meh!

In the UK Donna is either a 'love her or hate her' person. As a lot of people dislike Catherine Tate for her comedy show. But It's not really fair to judge her on that. Her role in Who shows that there is more to her. I think she's been great so far this season.

Bad furday

I'd have to agree, based on the episodes I've seen so far. :D

wait wait..

*stands on the side with the 'Love Her' banners* :p

Andy

Oh cool, so you don't have to wait forever this time round, then?! :D

I LOVED that scene where they are 'talking' through the windows, and Mrs Foster turns round and says "am I interrupting you?"

hehe

Bad furday

Yes...it's quite nice tuning in every friday, even if it is...what, almost a week behind? :D

And the windows bit was my fave too.

Mara

I've noticed that PBS is showing Doctor Who once a week (forget which night), and I am wondering...

If I start watching it, whereever it is, whichever series/season.. would I be confused?

Am I better off just renting it and starting at the beginning?

Andy

It depends what season it is really... There is like over 700 episodes so that's a bit of catching up if you wanted to do it that way... lol

You could probably get away with just jumping in, and using Google/Wikipedia to clue you in on things you didn't get, lol.

Mara

Hmm.. all right.

I had been wondering. Sometimes shows like that, I get lost in pretty well. Maybe I'll give it a try or at least figure out which season they're in.

Andy

There should be the name of the current story at the beginning of the episode, so if you need a hand figuring out where it is let me know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.