Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

I know a lot of people hosting torrents at the moment, if people need their fix ^_^

Anyone caught the new series yet? So far, I'm not impressed. The scripts don't seem as tight, and I'm not sure of Tennant's doctor. He's a bit arrogant. And they keep running out of time to tidy up the plots. Too much time spent of the graphics and stunts. This is Doctor Who! We want cardboard scenery! We want blokes in masks! We want four episode plots with character growth and imagination and intelligence!

I think I need to get hold of some more Old School Doctor Who. I've only actually seen Pertwee and T Baker. City of Death spoilt me, I think. Damn you, Douglas Adams! ^_^

Darth Paladin

I've been watching the new series and I have to agree as far as character development goes, I think Tennant makes a fabulous Doctor, it's a refreshing change from the constant modiness and seemingly forced humour of the last series, David actually seems as if he's enjoying himself. Character development does pick up in certain ways during the School Reunion episode and Girl In The Fireplace, what with Rose learning about the other assistants and them in Girl In The Fireplace the Doctor yet again facing up to his near immortality.

P.S.

beeurd, did you ever catch the Christmas Invasion? Cause it was good.

And did anyone see Rise Of The Cybermen :mad: I HATE MY PARENTS!!!

Andy

beeurd, did you ever catch the Christmas Invasion? Cause it was good.

No, I'll just wait for the DVD boxset.

Darth Paladin

Pfft, how lazy are you?

Ender

I love the new series! I think it's absolutely brilliant. The old one's great too.

Darth Paladin

Yeah, David Tennant gets some awesome lines, "What do the monsters have nightmares about?"

"Me!"

Fave episode so far, Rise of the Cybermen (saw it on repeat) Age of Steel seemed a little half arsed to me.

Edited by Darth Paladin

Jorrel baas

oh the last two parter was the best about the...

good :D

Andy

I saw the second part of it. :p

It was good. I wonder what the first half was like. lol

Darth Paladin

:lol: It was good, I was sort of dissapointed with the second part, the end didn't justify the build up in my opinion.

Oh and Peter Kay's in the next one...... Dalek Bread!?!? :D

Edited by Darth Paladin

Andy

My Doctor Who fandom is now at about the level my Star Wars fandom was when I started GB! lol

So far I've managed to get both of the new series, 10 of the old serials, and the TV movie on DVD! YAY!

:D

I want to make a Doctor Who website. lol :p

My collection so far:

The First Doctor - William Hartnell - 1963-66

An Unearthly Child

The Daleks

The Edge of Destruction

The Dalek Invasion of Earth

The Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton - 1966-69

The Mind Robber

The Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee - 1970-74

Carnival of Monsters

The Fourth Doctor - Tom Baker - 1974-81

The Sontaran Experiment

Genesis of the Daleks

Hand of Fear

The Keeper of Traken

Logopolis

The Fifth Doctor - Peter Davison - 1982-84

Castrovalva

Resurrection of the Daleks

Earthshock

The Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker - 1984-86

The Mark of the Rani

Revelation of the Daleks

The Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy - 1987-89

Remembrance of the Daleks

The Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann - 1996

Doctor Who: The Movie

The Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston - 2005

2005 series boxset

The Tenth Doctor - David Tennant - 2006-present

2006 series boxset

They aren't all about the Daleks... It's just that I picked up those ones first because the Daleks are so awesome. :p

My favourite Doctors have to be McCoy (prolly due to my fondness for the 80s, lol), Davison, and Tennant. I think McGann should have had a chance to do something other than the movie. I think he would have made a great Doctor in a series. Oh well.

Least favourite is prolly Colin Baker, mainly because his coat is so hidious it makes me want to throw up... and his assistant Peri is so damn annoying.

You should all get into it...

In the words of the Daleks...

RESISTANCE IS USELESS!

Edited by Andy
updated my collection

Rebel_Ghost

I've seen Dr. Who. I think Tennant is a wonderful Actor.

Andy

Got "The Beginning" boxset yesterday... So now I can go watch the first ever Doctor Who episode at last! :D

Andy

Watching the second serial now... It's called "The Daleks". Its a pretty awesome story, I thought. Amazing to think that the Doctors most famous enemy was also the first alien race seen in the show.

Andy

The 2007 series begins on Saturday! Wooo!

And I'm talking to myself! Wooo!

:p

emrys

doctor who is actually awesome!!!

can't wait for the new series! saturday, omfg! w00t!

Andy

W00t new series got off to an alright start (depending on who you talk to it was either crap or awesome, so I'm taking the middle ground and saying it was alright)!

hehe next episode takes us back to visit a certain Mr Shakespeare!

Bad furday

Oh noes, not that Billy Shakespeare! :p

Radioactive Isotope

Shakespeare is teh awesomest. interestingly enough, there's a HUGE authorship controversy about whether or not the man history books say is William Shakespeare actually wrote the plays. but that's another discussion for another topic. :p

Mara

I thought everyone knew that. ;p

But, indeed. :p

Edited by Mara

Andy

Never heard of that before... But this is the Doctor Who thread, so make a Shakespeare thread if you want :p

Andy

Gridlock is the 727th episode of Doctor Who. This will break the record held by the various series in the Star Trek franchise. They amassed a combined total of 726 episodes between them.

w00t!

Edited by Andy

Ana

So, after reading a friend's Doctor Who fic, I finally gave in and watched the three episodes available on my flight home from England. I've now seen a range of episodes (although nowhere near in order), with both Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant as the Doctor, and BBCAmerica just last week started airing Torchwood, so I've seen the first episode of that. Haven't gotten in to any of the older Doctors yet (aside from having a fixation on Tom Baker's scarf), but I figure it's only a matter of time.

And the Doctor just quoted The Lion King to aliens trying to take over Earth. I think I just pulled something laughing so hard.

Andy

Hehe yeah that was good :lol:

Which episode was that? lol

Ana

"Christmas Invasion", according to my TiVo, from 2006.

Andy

Ooh yeah it was the Xmas special. :D

*watches* :p

Edited by Andy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.