• Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Tsl

No...not really popular, but it has a cult following.

I used to worship Dr. Who. My favorite was the one guy, dunno his name. He had curly dark hair and wore a long coat with a really long scarf. He was silly, which is why I liked him best. Always munching jelly babies...always offering one to everybody, including enemies :p

And who could forget K9!?

_39912098_k9_bbc.jpg

Huzzah! :D

[Edit: found his name. Tom Baker]

Edited by Tsl

GI_Admiral

NEver seen it, but heard a lot of good thigns bout it...((im not a tv person so probably ownt :p))

Radioactive Isotope

i have a bunch of Dr. Who books in a bix somewhere. i never did get around to reading them.

Andy

Slightly related:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4380929.stm

hehe

Another problem for the police is that they no longer hold the rights to the design of the old boxes.

The Met launched a six-year battle with the BBC over the copyright of the boxes. But they lost.

The case ended in 2002 when the patent office ruled the public is more likely to associate the boxes with Doctor Who than they are with the police.

Such is the power of the Doctor.

Tsl

Why didn't you tape it and send it to me?! :mad:

:p

No seriously....whyyy? :cry:

Andy

i had to tape it so that i could watch it, and it taped really really badly. i could just about see what was going on most of the time. lol

Andy

Heh, Christopher Eccleston has quit already. Only one episode has been shown so far. He doesn't want to be type-cast in the sci-fi genre. lol

So the hunt is on for a new Doctor Who. Again. :p

Drake

I watched the season finale of Dr. Who last night. It was good! Dr. Who changed form at the end into a new actor, lol. It was a great episode.

Andy

I saw a clip of The Doctor's regeneration, but I missed practically every episode in the series cos of stupid work! :mad:

Now I will wait for DVD box-set... later this year or something... Hmm

Andy

Hurrah! I have the DVD boxset at last!

So now I have seen them all! :D

Annoying thing is I missed the Christmas Invasion episode, cos we had friends round. I presumed I could catch a repeat, but it turns out there isn't one. :|

Andy

Another thing... I wonder why they decided to call it series one, when really it is series 27. :???:

Drake

Craaaaap...I missed the Christmas episode too.

Andy

Oh good, at least I wasn't the only one. :p

Darth Paladin

I missed it and I missed it when it was replayed :mad: I HATE my parents.

Andy

It was replayed!? :|

I checked the TV guide and BBCs site...

Darth Paladin

It was I think it was New Years Eve, I was going to stay sober

Andy

The 2005 series is currently being broadcast in the USA I believe.

Tsl

Where!? When?! *cries* I only get one flippin' channel :wail:

Andy

And I thought 4 was bad... :p

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Krypton

Anyone else checking this out?

I've only seen the first episode so far...  but I think it's a new obsession.
    • Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a CGI animated television series which continues from the animated movie of the same name. It is set during the time between Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith.
      The Clone Wars was aired from October 2008 until March 2014. It was cancelled shortly after Disney acquired Lucasfilm and the Star Wars franchise. The final series was not broadcast on television, being made available through Netflix, and several undeveloped story arcs were adapted as part of the The Clone Wars Legacy series.
    • Episode VIII leaks more plot snippets

An alleged leak from Star Wars Episode VIII has provided new rumored plot details and snippets of action. While these are unconfirmed rumors, please consider them to be spoilers - you have been warned!
      Firstly, a leak on Reddit has revealed a potential title for Episode VIII; a video that bears the logo of upcoming Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 shows the title of Episode VIII to be Star Wars: Fall of the Resistance. Fans are divided on the title which point towards the often-hinted at darker nature of the second film of the sequel trilogy, but sceptics are keen to point out that it all seems a bit fishy and is most likely a fake.
      Making Star Wars reports that photos from the Malin Head set in Ireland appear to show several figures dressed in black, with costumes similar to that worn by Kylo Ren. It is claimed that these may be the Knights of Ren, and are hot on the heels of Luke Skywalker now that he has been located at the end of The Force Awakens.
      An eye-witness also claims to have seen Luke and Rey on Ahch-To as they are confronted by Kylo and the Knights of Ren. This is a scene which apparently shows how much of a badass Luke has now become as he fights with both the Force and a green-bladed lightsaber which is presumably the same one he used in Return of the Jedi.
      Star Wars Episode VIII will be released on 15 December 2017.
    • Leaked Episode VIII plot fuels rumors

This article contains potential spoilers; read on at your own risk!
      The Star Wars Episode VIII rumor mill has received further fuel to the fire after an alleged plot line has leaked onto the internet. Sceptics remain unconvinced, but the premise of this leaked plotline does seem to back up previous hints that director Rian Johnson's vision for Episode VIII was going to result in new concepts not seen in Star Wars before.
      The big rumor this time concerns the origins of Dasy Ridley's character Rey, whose origins have already been subject to much speculation. The reason given for Rey's mysterious parentage is because she is "a child of the Force", like Anakin Skywalker.
      The rumor also states that there would be no mention of midiclorians so there is no need to panic on that front, but Rey may be a reincarnation of the Chosen One. Apparently Luke first travels to the original Jedi Temple where he is found in The Force Awakens to research and better understand the phenomenon, where he communes with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda.
      It is implied that the Chosen One is repeatedly reborn by the Force, and always has the potential to fall to the Dark Side, as happened with Anakin Skywalker. Rey being a child of the Force explains why she already appears to be quite powerful even without any training, just as Anakin was able to win a podrace and down a Trade Federation cruiser in The Phantom Menace, using his instincts.
      As always, these rumors have not been confirmed by anybody official, and are unlikely to garner any attention from Disney or Lucasfilm representatives, and should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    • Who Is Rey?

So I thought it might be worth it to put this discussion in its own topic, since it's a pretty heavy one. This is meant as just a place to speculate and discuss theories, but could involve spoilers, so if you haven't seen the film, you should step out now.

Anyway, this is sort of a mash-up of my own theories, as well as the main ones I've heard/seen on the Internet.
      And then arguments of why they may or not may work.
      Please free free to offer your own theories or expand on the ones below.

#1: She is Luke Skywalker's daughter.
      Yes: Well, there is the Force. She is strong with it. There seemed to be some kind of connection with Kylo, which could allude to a familial relationship of some kind. His lightsaber called to her when she was at Maz's castle, and she heard the voices of Yoda and Obi-Wan, who trained Luke. She was left on a desert planet by her family, perhaps to keep her safe from the  New Order?
      No: For me, it just seems too obvious? Why doesn't she recognize his name when Han is talking about him? Or even, recognize Han or Leia? Or anyone that Luke would know? Unless Luke put a mind trick/memory eraser/faux memory on her, I don't really see how to reconcile these issues to make her his daughter. Plus, I feel like in all this time, Luke would have found some kind of Jedi teachings, in the midst of establishing his academy. One of which is the no attachments thing, no kids/no marriages, etc. And even if he didn't find those, he should remember what happened to him while with Yoda, when he left to go save Han and Leia on Cloud City. There, his attachments (and lack of training) got the best of him. Yoda even warned him of it. So would he really decide it was a good idea to have a child when he was older, even if he was more mature and trained? (Though on the other hand, why would he agree to train his nephew?)

#2: She is Han and Leia's daughter.
      Yes: Again, she is strong with the Force. And so is Leia, even if she chose not to follow that path. Also, the connection with Kylo, seeming to find her familiar. Perhaps his long-lost sister? Hidden from him so she didn't suffer the same fate?
      No: Obviously again, the recognition of Han or Leia. If they are her parents, she doesn't seem to realize it. And again, I figure only a trick of the Force could make her forget/give her new memories.

#3: She is merely a student of Luke's who escaped before Kylo and his Knights of Ren took care of the other students.
      Yes: Seems a plausible origin to me. And would explain why she isn't familiar with anyone who could have been related to her. Maybe the connection with Kylo is merely because he remembers him from Luke's training sessions all those years ago.
      No: I feel like her story is much more important than for her to just be some random Force-sensitive kid, albeit with great potential, who somehow escaped Kylo's wrath. Kylo, and Snoke, both seemed surprised that she was strong with the Force.

#4: She is a descendant/relative of Obi-Wan Kenobi.
      Yes: She has the Force. She's hidden away.
      No: Did Obi-Wan suddenly decide the Jedi Code didn't matter after Order-66 while he was watching over Luke? The whole "no attachment" thing. For him to have a child, and then a granddaughter/Rey?

But yeah... what do you guys think of these theories? Is one more plausible than the others? Do you have other ideas of who Rey might be?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.