Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

TONIGHT! :D

Ayingel

HAVE YOU BEEN TO GOOGLE OMG. 

Ayingel

Feelings.  So.  Many.  Feelings.  

Andy

Well I thought it was brilliant, the bit where they all got together at the end caught me out... totally wasnt expecting it! Loved the Capaldi teaser, even though it was obvious they would use the next doctor, I was hoping for a little bit more, but it was good!

Loved all the references... The scrapyard, scarf, Coal Hill school, Elizabeth I... all good!

Loved it!

Princess

I absolutely loved it

Andy

One thing has me curious... In the UK, Day of the Doctor drew in justover 10 million viewers watching live on BBC One. Yet in the US it only managed an average of 2.4 million viewers... Isn't that really bad considering the population?

How widespread is BBC America? Over here BBC One is one of the main channels that everybody has as standard.

Ayingel

You typically have to have extended or digital to receive the channel here.  One thing that is definitely prevalent in the US (and I'm not sure if it is so much elsewhere) is online and DVRed viewings.  

Andy

Yeah, this is just the live viewings as far as I know. A lot of people use BBC iPlayer over here for catchup but they aren't included in that figure.

Did they show it in cinemas over there at all? Apparently the special was the third most popular thing at the box office on the weekend, even though it was only one showing.

Ayingel

Yeah, they did theater simulcasts and then they did showings all weekend--I had a friend who saw it in the theater on Monday.

Princess

Yeah, o get BBC America, you have to pay extra.  Most people probably saw it either in theaters or on iTunes, or illegally :p

Andy

Ah, I see... And eww, iTunes :p

Princess

22 Days!

Andy

lol, the xmas special should be interesting, but I've heard it's only an hour long. Tennant and Ecclestone both has two-parters for their farewell episodes :(

Andy

Oh, a Christmas special trailer?

Don't mind if I do!

Princess

Damn

Andy

Something I didn't notice before until I was shown a screen capture... It looks like there is a much older version of the Eleventh Doctor in this episode, whether it is artificial aging like the Master did to the Tenth Doctor, or it does actually span a long period of time, I'm not sure.

Princess

I like it!

Drake

I hear his episodes are going to be more of a throwback to classic Who, which should be interesting. I'm hoping he'll be darker than Smith.

Andy

Well, they won't take it toooo dark, but Moffat does seem to like dark Doctors so I assume that will continue a bit.

Not really any real spoilers out yet... Booooo!

Drake

I wouldn't say Eleven was very dark. The storylines were, yes, but not the Doctor. Maybe dark is the wrong word. How about badass? :p

Andy

Aha, true... He had his moments though.

"NOBODY HUMAN HAS ANYTHING TO SAY TO ME TODAY!"  :mad:

Princess

I like the analogy that 11 is the clumsy housecat tripping over things all the while looking like he meant to do that

Drake

This is an interesting theory regarding Bad Wolf and The Moment (from the 50th special).

http://www.silverpetticoatreview.com/2013/12/13/doctor-who-theory-was-the-moment-in-day-of-the-doctor-actually-bad-wolf/

In other news, there are reports abound that Matt Smith will be returning for a cameo as the 11th Doctor. Rumour has it that he will be making a phone call from Trenzalore (before his regeneration) to Clara (after his regeneration) to assure her that the old guy in front of her IS him. There may also be dialogue between the two Doctors.

This would be pretty cool. It also makes sense because Clara, before entering the TARDIS in the Christmas special, hung up the outside phone.

Andy

I heard that one too, only I heard it as a tabloid newspaper making a big deal about him coming back, then when I read it it was pretty much just a tiny cameo with a couple of lines. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.