Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Elections 04

chozen

Why of course.. If everyone was like me... nothing'd get done.. How cool would that be? Robots would farm the land while we sat around and got fat... eh

No.. I cause trouble.. I blame boredom for that.. But when it comes to debates i just listen.

eh

CorSec

w00t...robots for president.

Radioactive Isotope

isn't that movie The Manchurian Candidate kinda like that?

Mickey

I have only one thing to clear up. Princess, I in no way was meaning to offend anyone or disrespect their families. I apologize if my wording came across wrong. I'm not talking about good people who are forced into drawing unemployment from being layed-off. That's why I said we don't ever want to dream of cutting something like that off. I was referring to the deadbeats who draw unemployment, like my sister and her husband. They don't like to work, but they love to spend money, gone through bankruptcy twice. I think people like that who have proved time and time again to be unproductive citizens like that should be cut off from the system. I know plenty of people who abuse the system. Another example is a person I work with (I work at a golf course). Through some technical loophole working at a golf course in Montana is considered seasonal employment and qualifies him to draw unemployment in the winter, rather than getting an actual job. Those are my beliefs on social programs, I'm sorry that they offended you, but it was my fault for not clarifying them to a point where these misunderstandings wouldn't occur. Sorry if anyone else was offended, but I hit the reply button the second I saw Princess' justly angry reply.

As for backing up my other statements on the war, I will refrain from debating on this website. Unfortunately this isn't the first time a misunderstanding has occured to get people angry at me, so I will stop now in hopes that it will be one of the last. Feel free to continue to rip apart my arguments though, its healthy to questiona dn debate. It helps people learn more about themselves and just to get thinking and exerciseing their minds.

So no more debating or political statments from me. Sorry again.

GI_Admiral

I agree Debating does not mean flaming...you get a spectrum of people people like Jaerstein who purely debates, me who pokes SOME fun but not to the point of true flaming...and then other's who basically just do it almost every other sentence...I think it's good fun..and like Jaerstein ((Man we need to find you a nickname!)) said, it gets people thinking

Drake

I know exactly what you mean, GI and debating would be perfectly fine here if everyone was civilized like that. Unfortunately, not everyone is. Those flamers don't make it fun for everyone else. As I said in the announcement thread in the Senate, those people have a chance to turn it around in three days. That also goes for those (such as you) who poke fun at and push the buttons of those who go off on a dime.

Princess

Jaerstein, first off, I'm giving you the nickname of JC (not to be confused with jedichick though for those that know her), because your name is just too damn long. Secondly, I just said it in the senate, but I owe you an apology. I get bent out of shape when I see people making generalizations and I tend to go off on them. No offense dude

Drake

JC...also not to be confused with Jesus Christ. :p

Ana

Meh... I like Jae, less confuzzling that way. :p

GI_Admiral

Jae i know a Jae...Cys coudl work...

Ana

Lol I dunno about you, but to me, Cys is a bit too much like Sis, so that might not be the first choice. :p

Drake

I like Jae.

GI_Admiral

lol meh either way is fine by me :p

Tsl

How about: J ? :p

GI_Admiral

Hmmm...alright!! J!

chozen

I like Mikey boy..

Bushy

Me too.

Drake

Don't we already have a Mikey, though?

chozen

And...

Mickey

mikey ... never heard that one before ... my brother and friends nickname for me is mickmonster ... not sure if I like that though

Tsl

Don't we already have a Mikey, though?

I have one :p

Andy

You can keep him :p ;)

CorSec

teeheehee

GI_Admiral

Dont we also have a mikeyJ?

Ender

Yes. He's currently overseas serving in Kosovo, I believe.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.