Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Elections 04

chozen

As does mine..

GI_Admiral

Who do you all think will be Kerry's VP?

Radioactive Isotope

Oh not gas prices. It's soooooo expensive over there. :roll:

For Americans it is. It used to be $.89/gallon before I started driving. I could fill a car for $10, now it's more than double that with companies making record profits and prices jumping up $.20 overnight

i remember gas that cheep. there were a couple of stations in my city that wnet down to $.60 a gallon once in some kind of price war. now it's going the wrong way. :wail:

Roethlisberger

If it's McCain, he has a huge chance of winning the election. But other than that, I don't know.

Andy

Mmm.... McCain.

*eats McCain french fries*

chozen

Actually. As long as he takes the stand of 'I'm not Bush' he will win. A lot of people are voting for him because he isn't Bush, he's the only real alternative to getting him out.

Ender

He's only said what he wont do, not what he will do... what will Kerry do if he is elected? He wont have Bush to bash anymore...

chozen

i remember gas that cheep. there were a couple of stations in my city that wnet down to $.60 a gallon once in some kind of price war. now it's going the wrong way. 

Ya see. If I was president I'd put prices up so high.. You'd think twice about filling up your car.

That'd really piss people off.

Andy

:lol:

Radioactive Isotope

Bush did say he won't tap into our oil reserves to ease the prices. which is a good thing. we may need those reserves later and right now i think i'd rather pay a bit more for gas than risk having some world catastrophe and not having any oil.

TheUnknown

Okay, I'll speculate:

Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico, former Secretary of Energy, former Congressman

Benefits: 1) He's Hispanic and would be the first Hispanic to ever be on a major ticket. Him being on the ticket would really help Kerry in states with large Hispanic populations: Arizona, Florida, Colorado, Nevada, and New Mexico. 2) He has executive experience, which would prepare him should he have to assume the presidency.

Drawbacks: 1) He was Secretary of Energy during the Los Alamos nuclear scandal. 2) By being the first Hispanic ever on a major party ticket, the media might get too caught up in that fact instead of issues.

Bob Graham, Senator from Florida, former Governor of Florida

Benefits: 1) He's the POPULAR former governor from Florida, which alone would give Kerry the win. 2) He has foreign policy experience. 3) He's grandfatherly. 4) He's a Southerner which could help Kerry in Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, West Virigina, and maybe Tennessee.

Drawbacks: 1) He showed the charisma of a rock during his run for president last year.

Evan Bayh, Senator from Indiana, former Governor of Indiana

Benefits: 1) Moderate. 2) Very popular in Indiana, enough to possibly turn the state. 3) Will also help Kerry in Ohio.

Drawbacks: 1) Indiana hasn't voted Democratic since 1964, was the lone Midwestern state to vote Republican in 1992 and 1996 and will still be a hard nut to crack, even with Bayh on the ticket. 2) Might cause a rift between the party's moderates and liberals.

Those are the three I feel would benefit Kerry the most mathematically.

TheUnknown

Okay, to the swing states.

Based on some Zogby polls I've seen, Missouri and Tennessee are now swing states. Washington and Minnesota look to be solid Kerry at this moment, as does New Hampshire (which would be a pickup).

Kerry is leading in: Nevada, Missouri, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Florida, New Mexico, Ohio, and Oregon

Bush is leading in: Arkansas, Tennessee, Louisiana (apparently), and West Virginia.

Iowa is being traded back and forth between the two. And many leads are within the margin of error. And I don't know about Arizona. Kerry is also trying to force Virginia and Colorado into play, but I've seen nothing there, either.

Tsl

Bush did say he won't tap into our oil reserves to ease the prices. which is a good thing. we may need those reserves later and right now i think i'd rather pay a bit more for gas than risk having some world catastrophe and not having any oil.

Ah yes...those inexplicably soaring gas/oil prices.

Watch...just before the elections, they'll suddenly, miraculously drop again.

Good ol' Bush, lol. Unfortunatly all those jobs he's shipping overseas won't be coming back. And neither will the money we the taxpayers are giving companies to send our jobs overseas.

Drake

I'd put stuff in here about the Canadian Federal elections coming up but only CorSec would know what I'm talking about, lol.

Suffice it to say, it's basically dealing with most of the same issues: gas prices, education, health care, the war....only with different leaders and more obvious party names (Liberal Party and Conservative Alliance, lol).

Conservatives will probably win, in Ontario at least....after the Provincial elections. *shakes head* All of those broken promises and lies...I don't think many people are going Liberal here.

Edited by Drake

Tsl

Go ahead and post it, lol. Educate us :p

Drake

Alright, I'll give it a shot, lol.

As I said the Conservatives will most likely win (in my opinion) because most people in Ontario no longer trust the Liberal party after Dalton MacGuinty (the Ontario provincial leader aka Premier) royally screwed us all over by promising lots of good stuff. The populace, enticed by his well-concealed lies, voted the Liberals into a majority government (+50% of the seats...meaning they can basically do anything). In the end, most of the promises of tax cuts and lower gas prices reversed into tax hikes and increased prices.

So now, most people will probably vote for the Conservative Alliance Party or the New Democratic Party. Popularity in the Liberal government has fallen drastically and Paul Martin (the current Prime Minister) probably won't stay on his throne. Our next Prime Minister will probably be Stephen Harper (Cons. Alliance).

Tsl

*feels smarter* :D

Radioactive Isotope

*is out of school, so doesn't feel smarter :p*

Ender

*Out of school tomorrow after a horribly boring assembly that is all just teachers glorifying themselves*

Tsl

Lol, nobody else glorifies them. Somebody has to do it.

Radioactive Isotope

use it for nap time, Janson. that's what i did in math class. :D now i wonder why i have a C... :???: :p

Ender

JM: I fully plan to...

Radioactive Isotope

hehehe... :twisted:

Drake

Today is the Canadian Federal election. I voted earlier this afternoon. I'll post the results later as they start coming in......not that anyone else will care or anything. *shrugs*

Radioactive Isotope

*mutters* come on november

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.