Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

MsSolo

Random Rant and venting thread for general or specific rage

Princess

Then we were doing the cupid shuffle in the middle of the ER and a patient walked in

Ayingel

Lol sounds funny

TheUnknown

Anyone want to collect data for me? It's so fun I want to share it with others!

Pandora

*glares at Unknown over her own towering stack of screeners and data waiting for entry* NO.

Edited by Pandora

Ayingel

If you have a problem with me, tell me. Don't tell my manager as a side comment who will only make a mention of it to me three month past the situation. That "table that I didn't bus before I clocked out" was ONE ewokING TABLE that I had to leave because I was at 7 hours and needed to leave. I have never done it any other time, so don't tell my managers that it was multiple times. That's a flat out lie. Talk to my ewoking face you coward, not to someone who's going to be giving my reviews. It is not okay for me to hear about it now instead of when it happened. So, that being said, be a good person, don't be the underhanded bitch that you're acting like. What about all those other servers who leave their tables unbussed? Did you tattle on them, too? Because, if not, two can play this game. And I can make everyone's lives miserable if you'd like.

Radioactive Isotope

I volunteer at the local humane society in several different roles. On Thursday nights I assist for one of the behavior classes. The kennels close at 6pm and class this round starts at 7pm. There is a side entrance for the classes to use.

Today there was a cat cage outside said side door that had been washed and was left out to dry. This in and of itself is not an unusual occurrence. Cages need to be washed and rotated now and then.

One of our students needed to run and get something from her car. We'll say roughly 7:05. Students have been trickling in since about 6:45. I would say the last one wandered in around 7 on the nose. I mention the times because they are important. When that student came back from her car, she said a dog was in the cage outside and it hadn't been there 5 minutes before and it was crying. I went out to investigate and sure enough there was a scared little dachshund that hadn't been there when I came in around 6:30. Someone dumped a dog. And it's getting close to freezing outside.

Humane society policy is you can't just drop off a dog. There is actually a (small) fee for surrendering an animal. Metro on the other hand, does not charge for turning in an animal. The instructor (L) called the security guy who told us to bring the dog (and cage) inside and leave it behind the front desk. I went in search of a water dish and L and I donated some treats to the cause. After class was over we went to get a better look at the poor thing. The bottom of the cage was still wet from being cleaned, so L held the dog while I wiped the cage out with some paper towels. Then I held the dog for a bit. She was a very sweet little dachshund who loved being cuddled and gave lots of kisses.

Normally I don't like dogs that small; I find them to be too yappy and ill behaved. But I was *this close* to strapping that dog in my car and taking her home. I do have Ziggy's car harness in with me after all. I'm confident the humane society will take good care of her, but I felt so bad leaving her there. She obviously belonged to somebody and I can't believe someone would just leave her outside in the cold like that. I'm planning to call in the morning and check on her. The one ray of sunshine is that the humane society has security cameras and they might have caught whoever dumped the dog.

Wonder how hubs feels about wiener dogs.....

Princess

The JMster is getting a new doggie

Radioactive Isotope

I doubt it. Hubs pretty much put the kibosh on that.

Princess

Use your feminine wiles

TheUnknown

*glares at Unknown over her own towering stack of screeners and data waiting for entry* NO.

*Waves hand at Pod*

"You would love to help me gather data in ballot roll-off in the midterm elections in Georgia."

Jake Durron

I am so sick of crying. I am, I'm tired of panic attacks and stuttering and my OCD flair ups and my anxiety that has my heart racing. I'm sick of flinching every time someone touches me and the insatiable urge to crawl into a ball in my closet and never come out. I just want to be happy, for one whole day, without having horrible thoughts and wishing I could end all this crap. Good thing I'm a ewoking coward.

Pandora

*Waves hand at Pod*

"You would love to help me gather data in ballot roll-off in the midterm elections in Georgia."

*raises an eyebrow* Would you rather chase down college alcoholics and drug addicts and enter data from a 35-page measure? It's not so bad. I get to meet interesting new people. Like the comobid alcoholic/heroin/cocaine/marijuana/pain killers/and other assorted fun addict yesterday. That was interesting. I looked at his file, looked up at my colleague and said, "This killed Nikki Sixx for five minutes in 1987. No. Lie."

I am so sick of crying. I am, I'm tired of panic attacks and stuttering and my OCD flair ups and my anxiety that has my heart racing. I'm sick of flinching every time someone touches me and the insatiable urge to crawl into a ball in my closet and never come out. I just want to be happy, for one whole day, without having horrible thoughts and wishing I could end all this crap. Good thing I'm a ewoking coward.

*hugs tight* I know. Don't forget I'm here, you're not alone. You can call me and we can cry and scream and rage together and I'll hold on for you and you'll hold on for me and we'll make it through this. And eventually you'll stop going through your rituals and I'll stop scaring the psychiatrist and we'll look back on this and go, "Whoa we were ewoked up back then." And then we'll write a book about it called The Short Trip Round the Bend or The Padded Cellmate Sisterhood or something else equally dark.

Ayingel

Glad to know my dad shares the same sentiment about the people who lied about what I do and don't do at work. Here comes the revenge train...

Jake Durron

*Waves hand at Pod*

*raises an eyebrow* Would you rather chase down college alcoholics and drug addicts and enter data from a 35-page measure? It's not so bad. I get to meet interesting new people. Like the comobid alcoholic/heroin/cocaine/marijuana/pain killers/and other assorted fun addict yesterday. That was interesting. I looked at his file, looked up at my colleague and said, "This killed Nikki Sixx for five minutes in 1987. No. Lie."

*hugs tight* I know. Don't forget I'm here, you're not alone. You can call me and we can cry and scream and rage together and I'll hold on for you and you'll hold on for me and we'll make it through this. And eventually you'll stop going through your rituals and I'll stop scaring the psychiatrist and we'll look back on this and go, "Whoa we were ewoked up back then." And then we'll write a book about it called The Short Trip Round the Bend or The Padded Cellmate Sisterhood or something else equally dark.

I personally liked the "Sisterhood of the traveling crazy pants" myself. I'm just not sure I can do the next two months. Especially with mom randomly reminding me that I owe her money for the gym because I didn't make my weightloss goals. >.<

Pandora

Oh yeah! That was the title I came up with first! :lol:

It's hard to make a weightloss goal when you feel like this. That's why "weight gain" is a symptom of depression. One of my least favorite. :roll:

Vergere

Agree with the difficulty in weight loss. Also is difficult to meet when you have fibro / continual pain AND depression. You both have no motivation AND hurt too much to care!

Pandora

And on top of ALL of that, the depression can make chronic pain harder to manage.

Ayingel

My school messed up my program AGAIN. So now I have no idea how much classwork I have left to do before I get a degree.

Princess

Boy are we a messed up bunch

Sin

Only getting 6.5 hours of sleep in the past two days has really messed my head up...ended up breaking my middle toe on my left foot...and hitting my head while opening the car door twice...but it was worth it to be able to see breaking dawn at midnight with two of my besties..and all three us made it though the work day too..lbring on the weekend

Edited by Sin

Tsl

I really hate deciduous trees. Or more specifically, their leaves.

TheUnknown

Boy are we a messed up bunch

Please tell me you're not just now realizing this. We called ourselves the "Psychopathic Jedi" for a reason.

Bad furday

There was a reason Chicken said, "I'm not camping in the woods with you people." when the topic of a GBnet camping trip came up :p

Heh...new t-shirt slogan!

GalacticBasic.net: Boy are we a messed up bunch!

• Upvote 1

Sin

Hege I like the t-shirt slogan

TheUnknown

There was a reason Chicken said, "I'm not camping in the woods with you people." when the topic of a GBnet camping trip came up :p

GalacticBasic.net: Boy are we a messed up bunch!

Speaking of which, he needs to get his feathery ass back here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.