Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Things you'd like to say at work but can't

Drake

Ayingel, I could have told you all about the joys of call centre work and how nice people are when they're afforded the luxury of non-face-to-face communications.

Andy

That's a luxury? Everybody HATES call centres. lol

Especially when they all seem to be in India or somewhere, so you can't actually speak to someone you can understand.

Drake

I meant that people have less restrictions on being nice when you can't see the person you're talking to. :p

Mara

When telemarketers call, I don't even bother talking to them. I just listen long enough to figure out it's a taped message, then hang up. :p

Drake

Sometimes, they give themselves away when you say "Hello?" and then there's a long pause. That's sometimes them taking their time turning off their mute buttons. :p

Mara

Mmhmm.

If I say hello and there's nothing after 5-10 seconds, I hang up. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i'd like to say........

you don't like the way we run things? that's fine. get off MySpace, get a job, and get your own flippin computer!

Uncle Du

"I didn't know they let people with an IQ as low as yours in the Navy."

If I say that now in the kindler, gentler Navy, I'd be done. :p

Ayingel

no longer is the thing i said earlier a wish...i kinda said it today >.< (and no, i'm not home because of it...we had a small electrical fire today so tehy sent everyone home)

TheUnknown

Ooo, do tell more.

Ayingel

she was like "you guys keep calling and harassing (my guess is she looks at her caller id and never picks up so us and other telemarketers keep calling because of the auto dialers) me and i want you to stop."

and i tried to butt in, but she continued.

"i want to be put off your do not call list or i will turn you guys in."

i finally got to speak before she hung up, "listen lady, we don't harass people. we are using an automatic dialer that chooses our number for us. if you want telemarketers not to call you, sign up for the national do not call list. i'll put you on ours, but the next time you act rude, be sure you know what happens to you. i'm hanging up now."

and i put her on the extremely rude list. from which, if any other telemarketer marks her as extremely rude, she gets a letter. but i don't know what the letter says.

TheUnknown

:lol:

Uncle Du

Man, I cannot believe I've never gotten one of those letters! ;)

I mean, how bad could it be? Do I have to have my Mom sign it? :p

Mara

LMAO.

We put our number on that national do not call list, but we still get some calls. Still, it's a lot less than it used to be.

Ayingel

see, what happens and why you get calls is that when the call centers get leads (numbers) they rub them against two do not call lists. it's just that sometimes some get through the cracks. and a lot of people when they say that we're "harassing" them, they don't understand the rules. there is a five day grace period from the time that we put them on our list. and when they say "you've been calling so much" they usually group all telemarketers together. our call center is only able to call people every 8 hours who don't answer or hang up.

Mara

And I know that there are a few groups that can't be put on that list. Like some organizations are still allowed to call.

TheUnknown

Yep, we're exempted from the Do Not Call List.

Andy

My granddad goes mad at people who phone up to do surveys and stuff. He will go off on a rant and demand to know how they got hold of his number (he's not listed in the telephone directory). lol

Drake

If he signs up for anything, like a subscription or whatever, and he gives his phone number, they can sell it to telemarketers, lol.

Radioactive Isotope

or that whole random dialing algorithm dials his number :p

Princess

I'm sorry, but since when does MD stand for God?

Mara

Yep, we're exempted from the Do Not Call List.

I just saw something on the news today... that you have to keep signing up every 5 years, 'cause it expires. So if you signed up in 2003, you'll have to redo it soon.

Andy

If he signs up for anything, like a subscription or whatever, and he gives his phone number, they can sell it to telemarketers, lol.

He doesn't. :p

Pandora

NO, that old bird Linda does NOT work here anymore, and YES I know my stuff better than her, so sit down, shut up, and let me show you what you're doing wrong!

Radioactive Isotope

- learn to read people. we put the class schedule on the white board, so if you ask me if there are any classes today, i will not even look up and just point at the board.

- yes, there IS in fact a class going on right now. that is why the doors are CLOSED and the sign says CLASS IN SESSION!!!!!!!!!

- you can wait five minutes for me to log the computers over after class. your Adventure Quest/Runescape/MySpace/whatever will still be there.

- it's 5 minutes until we close. GEDDOFF THE FRAKKIN COMPUTER!!!!! that's why we have announcements OVER THE INTERCOM every 5-10 minutes telling you to finish what you're doing and LEAVE!! we are hungry and tired of dealing with you. we want to go home. so go away. it's not like you haven't been warned.

- there is no need to hover over your friend's shoulder while they check their MySpace. if you want to get on MySpace, get on a computer yourself.

- no, you can't use your friend's/parent's/brother's/whoever's card. you may use your card and your card only. and don't let anyone else use yours. if we have a problem, we can check which card is logged into the computer and we can look up who it belongs to. don't let your little friends get you and/or your card banned.

- yes, unfortunately, i work here. that's why i'm sitting at this desk at the front of the room. i already know you need me to do something for you, so don't ask the stupid question. if you do, i will have to respond with much snark and sarcasm, which you will not like.

- for the love of all that is holy can we PLEASE block MySpace? it would solve literally 90% of the problems we have. and while we're at it, get rid of those STUPID student cards. now the annoying little brats have two library cards, which 1 is against our rules, and 2 allows them to annoy us for 4 hours instead of 2. ooh, and block numbers for school-aged kids during school hours. it is not better for them to be here instead of somewhere else because i or some other stressed staff will kill them.

- if you need help, i am here to help you. but i do not need a 20 minute speech on why you need it. i have other things to do besides listen to why your ex-spouse is a jerk and how you're trying to get custody of your kids. i also don't need you to tell me you're computer illiterate. i knew that already. if you weren't you wouldn't be asking me for help. i also cannot and will not hold your hand while you type your job application/resume/e-mail sign-up/whatever. if you're really THAT bad with computers, there's not much i can do for you. you need to take some classes and come back because there is a lab full of people who are equally illiterate and i have to help them too. really the best way to learn is to do. play with it and see what happens. just don't press the button with the green light (power button).

- i am not your friend. many times the only reason i'm nice to you is because they would fire me if i wasn't. just because you are loserish enough to be in here the same time every day and know my name does not make us pals. i'm not your shrink, and i really don't care what's going on in your life. if i did, i would ask. i'm also married. that means i'm not interested. and even if i wasn't married, i still don't want your number, nor do i want you to buy me coffee. i don't drink it anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.