Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

James the Defender

lol, they had their skates on their throats, but they pulled back on the gas, and insert any other cliché here which means they let them back in the series. Oh, well, they won; that's what matters.

Ayingel
I have never heard such a quiet Target Field. Or a louder boo (it was even louder than the boo at the band that played before Motley Crue and Poison last year) as the pitcher was taken off the field. It was quite a relief to see him up and moving after that hit tho...

James the Defender

I'm just glad he's okay. Just think, back in the day before helmets, that's kind of thing could be--and was--fatal.

The Bruins are out! I'm so glad! The Flyers could have an easier time beating the Miami Heat playing basketball than beating the Bruins in the playoffs. I know they came back from 0-3 a couple years ago, but that was a fluke, a big time fluke. Timmy Thomas has the Flyers' number...

Edited by James the Defender

James the Defender

I just played my frist round of golf and I shot an 80! Of course, I was only playing 9 holes... Oh, well! It was a great experience!

Pandora

How in the HELL did the Grizzlies manage to blow a 24-point lead and lose by one ewoking point in the last single minute of regulation???????? To the CLIPPERS of all teams! Why do the Clippers even exist??? I don't even think people in LA like them! *bangs head on desk repeatedly*

James the Defender

Stupid Flyers couldn't get the puck out of their own zone! Bryzgalov was under seige last night and got NO help! Morons! When you see an open space at the net and the puck is behind that net, skate up to block that hole! I'm lookin' at you, Briere!

Ayingel

Vikes bill just needs to pass the senate now :D

James the Defender

I am now addicted to golf. I love to play it, I love to watch it, I love to read about it, I love the Scottish heritage, I love everything about it. I was hearing bagpipes in my head today while playing.

Princess

Is it hockey season yet?

James the Defender

NFL prediction time!

Seeding in numbers following team in parentheses

AFC East Winner: New England Patriots (2)

AFC North Winner: Baltimore Ravens (1)

AFC South Winner: Houston Texans (3)

AFC West Winner: Denver Broncos (4)

Wildcards: Pittsburgh Steelers (5), Buffalo Bills (6)

NFC East Winner: Philadelphia Eagles (3)

NFC North Winner: Green Bay Packers (1)

NFC South Winner: Atlanta Falcons (4)

NFC West Winner: San Francisco 49ers (2)

Wildcards: Detroit Lions (5), Dallas Cowboys (6)

Scores in parentheses

AFC Championship Game: Houston Texans (21) vs. Baltimore Ravens (17)

NFC Championship Game: Detroit Lions (28) vs. Green Bay Packers (35)

Super Bowl: Houston Texans (25) vs. Green Bay Packers (28)

Super Bowl MVP: Aaron Rodgers (23 of 29, 347 yds, 2 TDs, 0 INT. 1 rushing TD)

Ayingel

I would have to disagree with another Packer Super Bowl

James the Defender

There are very few teams who have a ligit shot to beat them when they're playing their best. But, I've been predicting it tha past 4 years and I was right once, so you could be right. Who ya got?

Ayingel

Not the Packers lol. Too early for me to call my Super Bowl picks. Ask me again in January.

James the Defender

That's b/c you're a Vikings fan, if I recall correctly, :p. I predict preseason just to see how well I can predict (or how ridiculous it is to do it preseason, lol.) It's in a vacuum,of course. Don't know who'll be injured, out, surprises, who'll be hot at that time, etc.

Ayingel

No. You don't need to be a Dick. You're calling the packers for the same argument. You are invalid.

James the Defender

Umm....I don't quite know how to respond to that...If the Packers were as terrible as the Cardinals or the Dolphins I would not have them winning the Super Bowl. I'm being a homer, but I'm being a realistic homer. At least I think that's where your going with it. I don't appreciate the insults and I don't believe I'm being a jerk. If I'm incorrect with your team affiliation than I apologize.

Edited by James the Defender

Ayingel

Came off as dickish and I was hungover and not in the mood to tell me that my prediction is based upon the team that I usually cheer for. I prefer to watch how the season unfolds before I make any assumptions on how the season will end. Don't make assumptions about me.

Edited by Ayingel

James the Defender

I'm not making any assumptions... I was mistaken. I wasn't completely sure, which is why I said, "if I recall correctly." I had thought I remembered saying you were a Viking's fan. I believe everyone is mistaken at some points in their lives and is entitled to be wrong. I apologize if I was mistaken.

Princess

Catching up on my DVR and men's still rings gymnastics amazes me

James the Defender

*shrugs* Long season

Ayingel

Vikes had a great draft pick with Walsh :D Though, I don't know if AP should have been back so quickly....

Princess

Oh Detroit Tigers, why did you have to lose so badly on the day that I went to a game, to the Twins no less, who are entirely out of the pennant race

Pandora

Whenever I'm scrolling real fast, I still read the title of this thread as "The Sports Bra." I may be selectively dyslexic.

• Upvote 1

Bad furday

I've been seeing it as "The Sports Bra" for years :p

Ayingel

The Twins seem to do that at the end of the season. They caused a few upsets against the White Sox, too :p At least I can count on my boys to disrupt the seasons of others.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.