Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Ayingel

Part of me really likes how surprising this season has been for football. Then part of me remembers that there are points riding on the games that are not going as planned.

Princess

The Twins seem to do that at the end of the season. They caused a few upsets against the White Sox, too :p At least I can count on my boys to disrupt the seasons of others.

They could have thrown us a bone aainst the evil Sox!

James the Defender

*roars in frustration*

They finally did it! The replacement officials finally blew a game! Not only did they get the call wrong on who had possession in the end zone they also missed the pass interference not two seconds before on Golden Tate! They blew this game with that call, the call earlier on Shields which was terrible, and a very questionable call on Erik Walden for roughing the passer on the interception.

Welcome to our reality until the NFL decides it's finished being the WWE and gets a deal done with the regular officials! The official that signaled the interception in the end zone had college experience! He was an official in the Rose Bowl in '07. The official that signaled touchdown had only high school experience! This is madness!!!! Talk all you want about how the Packers offense should have done its job in the first half, talk all you want about crying about officials, but at the end of the day the plain truth is this: these scabs blew a game and if the Packers miss the playoffs by one game this is the finger-pointer because they ACTUALLY WON THIS GAME!!!

Ayingel

A friend of mine (not a Vikes fan) brought up an interesting point, though. If the Packers are "the greatest team ever," (and yes, that is how many people put it), why was the game even that close? I agree the refs are screwed up and don't know exactly what they're doing...I also think they should have won.

James the Defender

Agreed. McCarthy needed to start running the ball in the 1st half. The Packers dominated that team in the second half and could've dominated them all game long. I give credit to the Seahawks defense, however. They played a heck of a game, to limit the Packers to 12 points. I, too, think it should never have come down to a play relying on replacement officials, but it looks like the Seahawks are not going down in the NFC West without a fight. Besides those stinking officials, it was quite a good game.

Pandora

Come on, Grizzlies, get some momentum!

Uncle Du

Basketball?

Pandora

Yes. Freaking Atlanta won. I tell you what, I'm ready for those refs to choke on their whistle.

Uncle Du

I don't watch the NBA. College all the way for me.

Pandora

Watched my Memphis Tigers win today, so at least it wasn't a total bummer. And the Grizzlies are still the best in the league; it's so awesome to see how incredibly far they've come!

Uncle Du

I just don't want Miami or LA to win again.

Ayingel

Skål Vikings :D

James the Defender

Hey, thanks to the Vikings today! Now I only hope the Packers can pick ti up in Green Bay tonight... :grr:

Uncle Du

I can't believe I can actually say the Broncos are legit contenders for the AFC this year, lol

Ayingel

Getting into bed, thought I would check the score of the 49er Seahawk game. Wtf SF?! I put tons of points on you!!!!!

Uncle Du

Wow, what a season. I know this game isn't over yet, but the Broncs got this one in the bag. We are the number one seed in the AFC, and will be tied for first in the WHOLE LEAGUE. 13-3. I can't believe it. So freakin' awesome!!

Ayingel

Talk about an upseet for du baers!!!

James the Defender

Hey, congrats on the win.

Well played game by the Vikings offense, particularly Ponder. Incredible game up to the last second. Next week will be much lower scoring, meesa thinks, and can still go either way. Hats off to Adrian Peterson, I thought he had a great day. I would have liked to have seen him get the record. Classy dude.

And, now we come to the Inaccurate Reception--or the Fail Mary, if you will--in Week 3. If call goes the right way, Green Bay comes into this game at 12-3 and has the 2 seed locked up. Also, if Packers won today, Week 3 would have been forgotten. Oh, well, gotta play who's in front of us, and in front of us is the Vikings. Three--potentially four if the Redskins win--hot teams coming in to the postseason for the NFC and all will play one another in the first week of the playoffs! I won't predict because I just don't know what's going to happen... Any of the games could go either way.

It is time to get this thing on! Go Pack Go!!!!!

Theme song of Packers-Vikings for Wildcard Weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVTAo4JOlV0&list=PLABiE6PCt-B_ixJ9OfAzSA7v3cP4R0TDA

Edited by James the Defender

James the Defender

Go Pack Go! One down, 3 to go! Vikings have a bright future, to be sure.

Ayingel

Not with Webb. He can't pass the ewoking ball to save his life. Or anyone else's.

Princess

HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!

James the Defender

Not with Webb. He can't pass the ewoking ball to save his life. Or anyone else's.

That's true. But Ponder had the 4 best games of his life the last 4 of the season. With him that game is much tighter.

James the Defender

Packers had a good run. 9ers executed a great game plan: sit Aaron Rodgers on the bench. That's the place where he can't hurt you. Packers defense was GASSED in the 2nd half. A gassed defense is a gashed defense.

All I can say now is: bring on baseball! Go Phils!

Princess

HOCKEY STARTS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!

Bad furday

*sits on the floor, watching the game* Overtime!

---and now it's a shootout thingy!

Edited by Bad furday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.