Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

TheUnknown

For Ryan Lochte and Nirvana fans: Lochte recreates the cover to Nirvana's classic album Nevermind!

reg_1024.LochteESPN2.mh.020613.jpg

James the Defender

The Flyers look to be finally get it all together. Went 3-0-1 on homestand. Bryz looks GREAT, just needs a defense. I love hockey! Going ice skating today in honor of them!

Pandora

Well, the Tigers are done for this seaason. Can't help but be disappointed. They played their hearts out, but Michigan was just better and faster (and frankly, I'm not sure Memphis could have hit a hula hoop half the time). But it's interesting watching them play when you're not only an alumnus, but an instructor there. I can't help but be insanely proud of them. And it's cool to be able to be proud of "my boys" because even though none of them are in my classes, they're still my students. Pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see some of those seniors in the NBA next year.

Princess

Michigan State, Pod. Michigan State is much better than Michigan :p

Pandora

Yankees are yankees. :p

Bad furday

Teehee....my old gym teacher was obsessed with NCAA brackets...and encouraged us to fill out these bracket forms he had printed out, so he could see who had picked what. :p

Princess

Not in this state. That is the great rivalry

TheUnknown

It's only one game, but the Braves are often to a good start, hitting three homers last night.

Princess

Who saw the Louisville player break his leg on Sunday?

TheUnknown

I saw it. Holy sith.

Bad furday

I saw it, then saw a close up pic on FB...this one girl who used to be at work liked the image for a foundation or something for the player, and it showed up in my stream.

My first thought...."Oh wait, that's a human leg...with a second, external knee!" :nerves:

Watch the video again, but this time, focus entirely on the Lousiville bench reaction as the player lands infront of them. :p

TheUnknown

Watch at your own peril:

http://youtu.be/Y_PZkCiIrpM

Reminds me of this:

Radioactive Isotope

Yeah I was watching that game. The local reaction and support has been incredibly supportive. Even from the wide shot, you can see the bone sticking out of his leg. Lucky it was a clean break. Most people's reaction was to be horrified and physically ill at the sight of it; mine was "that's not supposed to bend like that."

Pandora

This is the first I've seen it. I'm... actually quite nauseous now.

Princess

That was my reaction too JM.

Princess

I was at the Red Wings game against Nashville last night. Awesome game and lots of flying octopi!

Mara

So this is kind of random, and a bit late, since it refers to something during last football season... But thought I'd post it 'cause it's somewhat cool, and before I forget...

Anyway, last fall, for the Lions/Eagles game in Philly, my cousin, who's a pilot, got to fly the Lions team plane from Detroit to Philly, and back again. (After flying the empty plane from Newark to Detroit, and then later empty again back to Newark.) He said he tried not to get too geeked about it. But he did get a signed football.

Now back to your regularly scheduled sports...

Edited by Mara

Princess

Tigers are ALCentral champions for the fourth straight year.

Lions have a winning record. 

I think hell hath frozen over.

One of my friends and I have the bet of a 6 pack of the Winners choice on the Toronto-Detroit season hockey series.

Catwoman&Batman

That sounds like a fun bet! 

Princess

I hope to god I win so that I don't have to buy that pisswater that is Miller Light

Catwoman&Batman

eww miller light is awful, Bud light is better! 

Mara

Winning the Central means nothing if you crap out in the ALDS.

But on the other hand, the Lions do have the best defense in the NFL. If only they can get their offense on a more consistent track. Or really... a kicker that will last more than a couple games and can make more than one FG a game.

And I think this will be another garbage year for the Hurricanes, whoopee.

TheUnknown

The Superbowl is tonight.  Maybe, just maybe, an Atlanta/Georgia team can win for a change.

TheUnknown

Mother.ewoker.

Andy

I take it you didn't get the result you wanted. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.