Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Uncle Du

I need not steal anyone's strategy! ;)

Yea, I hope this one turns out better than my last one. Not that my last draft was bad, but I'd like to see better.

And for the record, I hope you're one of those people that takes a receiver in the first round. ;)

James the Defender

lol, not quite :p

Uncle Du

As if I needed something else to irritate me today...

Best and worse fanbases in the NHL...

The Avs in 26th?! Gimme a break! You know how HARD it is to be a fan of a 28th place team?! I still strut those f-in colors, all damn season! Just cause I can't go and contribute to selling out the Pepsi Center, that's BS!!

And the Wings in 13th I think is a travesty too. As much as I hate em, I know how devoted they are to their team. What a crock. Minnesota at #4 and the dude that did the rankings is a Wild fan.

Mara

Carolina at #24? Pfft.

I am NOT a convenient fan. :p

I much prefer THIS ranking. ;)

Edited by Mara

Uncle Du

If you like that one, then you'll realllly like this one. ;)

And it's an Avs blog to boot.

Mara

Hehe, I love that logo.

Uncle Du

Figures, missed my own draft. :p

James the Defender

lol, I missed it, too, but I got mostly whom I wanted except for my RBs.

Uncle Du

I think I'll be ok in all my leagues. What it really boils down to is the moves you make throughout the season. That's generally why I do so well. You gotta watch for those names that no one knows, who fill in for injured superstars.

Princess

More retardation from the bettman run NHL.

I mean come on. For some reason the NHL doesn't want to let this team move back to Canada, and for the life of me, I am not getting it. They claim that the billionaire Balsillie or whatever his name is, isn't "trustworthy", and the owners voted down his offer. REFUSED this guys OFFER to completely BUY OUT A BANKRUPT TEAM. And bettman and the owners say no? Why?! So now the NHL is forking over it's OWN money to keep this team in Arizona. You don't even have to be a hockey fan, or even know anything about the game to realize that Phoenix MIGHT not be the best place for a hockey team. This is just ewokin' insane! Really! No matter WHO owns that club, if it stays there, it will continue to lose money until bettmans dumb ass finally admits that he and the owners in the NHL ewoked up by even letting a team in Phoenix in the first place.

God forbid Canada get another team for a sport they ewokin' invented.

And I would also like to add that I think Canada should just sue the US for the rights to hockey. I'm pretty ewokin' sure a Canuck could run the league better.

Get rid of him!!!

Princess

As if I needed something else to irritate me today...

Best and worse fanbases in the NHL...

The Avs in 26th?! Gimme a break! You know how HARD it is to be a fan of a 28th place team?! I still strut those f-in colors, all damn season! Just cause I can't go and contribute to selling out the Pepsi Center, that's BS!!

And the Wings in 13th I think is a travesty too. As much as I hate em, I know how devoted they are to their team. What a crock. Minnesota at #4 and the dude that did the rankings is a Wild fan.

There's something wrong with whomever did that survey

Uncle Du

Yea, he's a Minnesota "Mild" fan, that's what's wrong. :p

James the Defender

I also have a free fantasy football league. The draft is Sept 9th @ 4 PM. It is a live draft. If anyone wants to, please join. I just created the league 5 minutes ago, lol. Here is the link: http://freemeeting.8.football.nfl.com/

If that doesn't work, or something happens, or etc. The League name is Payroll Busters.

Thanks, everyone!

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

I would, but I already have four teams, and it was tough managing 3 last season.

James the Defender

Aww...

I understand

Uncle Du

Sorry man! :|

James the Defender

hey, np! :)

Mara

Yunno, we do have a fantasy sports thread. ;)

Uncle Du

I thought they got combined...

Or maybe I'm just crazy. :p

I'm gonna bitch a little about the Broncos right now, cause I didn't do it after I changed the channel on the game Sunday night. No one else prolly watched it, cause I mean, it was the Broncos and Bears, no one here prolly cared. ;) I changed the channel right before the half. The Bears took the ball on their own 2 yard line, and Jay Cutler (I'm sure you all know who he is :p ) carried the Bears 98 yards down the field and made us once again look like we have the #30 defense in the league...cause we pretty much still do from what I saw. I actually didn't see the outcome of that drive because right around the 2 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Elvis Dumervil for the Broncos put a ridiculously late hit on Cutler. Like, to the point where I think the dude should be suspended. It was totally unsportsmanlike.

I seriously must be one of the few Broncos fans that think that Cutler got the raw end of the deal. It is completely and utterly beyond me how any one thinks that they way the Broncos are now is ANY improvement over where we were last season. And for all intents and purposes, we're actually WORSE now. Our secondary still looks like crap, and while we seem to do alright against screens and options, any ball thrown beyond 10 yards is reason to give me a heart attack. Cutler proved, like many other QB's did last season, that all you have to do is put the ball down field, and you're going to beat our defense. Our offense is NOW run by a QB that has never put up pro-bowl numbers, and while he has a winning record, that came largely in part because the Bears defense that was on the field when he wasn't. Kyle Orton isn't a bad QB, but he's not a franchise guy.

I guess my real big gripe about all of this is our new coach. Everyone wants to hob that dudes knob, because his dad was some big shot high school coach and that he was Belichicks little protege. The only thing I have yet to see from him is the summary dismantling of our football team. We'll be LUCKY if we can finish 8-8 like last year. I think that even saying we'll go 7-9 is a stretch, like we finished two years ago.

I know a lotta Denver fans want to bitch and complain about the way he acted, about him being a cry baby and this and that, but you know what? He kinda has a right to that. He broke Elway's record for passing yards in a season. JOHN ELWAYS record. Remember that guy? Just imagine what he could have done if we had a defense that could keep the opposing team to 20 points or less. And now there's even more drama with Brandon Marshall. It pretty much looks like mc-douche-tastic-daniels has young coach syndrome, and he's content with letting the super stars we have (or had) go the way of the wind. I can't believe that he actually thinks that Orton could lead this team to a championship. You can definitely tell that he's trying to be Bill Belichick. We now have NINE, count em, NINE former Patriots players on our roster. It's like he's feeling homesick or something. But there seems to be one thing missing with his grand scheme: an f-in franchise quarterback!! If you look at any of the great franchises in history, that had repeat championships, they all had a franchise QB. A name that went with the team. It's a fact.

It's an utter shame to see where the Broncos are now. I can't believe it's been ten years (ten long, tear stained years) since we came off of our last championship season. There is no Lombardi trophy in sight for us, and I can't believe that Pat Bowlen has let things get this bad with his organization.

And I don't even wanna talk about the Avs. :p

Mara

*pats DU* There. There. :p

Uncle Du

*sobs*

:p

Mara

Hmm.. I wonder if Washburn really has a sore knee. Maybe he's out of the lineup just because he sucks so bad. :p

Princess

Heh, look at that, beginning of the season and the Lions only have 1 uninjured QB

Uncle Du

The Broncos are kinda in the same boat right now.

Bad furday

*cackle* Listening to the announcers falling all over themselves to distance themselves from this is hilarious. As is the equally hilarious and futile pregame handshake.

http://deadspin.com/5352436/heres-what-well-all-be-talking-about-tomorrow-update?autoplay=true

And when I see that clip, all I can hear is: http://powrightinthekisser.ytmnd.com/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.