Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Uncle Du

*sigh*

You know something's wrong when I don't even wanna watch hockey any more. And my wife does. She is totally "that fan" who doesn't care all season but now does.

*sighs again*

Princess

Awww darn, the golden boy is injured

Uncle Du

Oh well, I had a good run as a hockey fan. Looks like I'll be following something else during this time of year from here on out.

Mara

You wouldn't be rooting for the penguins if you were around all these insufferable b******s all the time.

No, I am.... they're just rooting for a different team. :p

Oh, well, time to focus on baseball! :D :D

Bad furday

So...Jenson Button says that the Brawn favours warmer climates, and the Red Bull prefers cold ones. That would certainly explain Red Bull's performances on Sunday...

*looks at remaining races on the calendar* Valencia, and the final five races have good odds of being hot ( though Suzuka and Interlagos can be either or). :D

Spa-Francorchamps...is always a toss up :p

Uncle Du

Are you speaking English? ;) :p

Bad furday

Yes! :p

Actually, there's maybe only two or three other people on here who'd know what I'm going on about :p :(

Mara

I have a vague idea of what he means. :p

TheUnknown

The Thrashers haven gotten Pavel Kubina and Nik Antropov. I've at least heard of these guys. It's encouraging. Then again, I said the same thing when they got Keith Tkachuk and Alexei Zhitnik, and that didn't work.

Princess

Red Wings are getting rid of a lot of dead weight at the moment. Well, at least people who were dead weight in the finals

Uncle Du

I can't believe the deal that Hossa got from Chicago. I just cannot believe that teams are still so stupid to ink deals with players that last over a decade. A freakin DECADE. In the case of Hossa, he got what, 12 years? In 12 years, I'll be friggin 41 YEARS OLD!!! Unbelievable.

And as for Colorado, well, it looks like the management has already decided that this is going to be a re-building season. We just traded Ryan Smyth to the Kings for two mediocre defenders (which we already have quite a few of) and a 5th round pick. This could be good and bad. It frees up cap space for us, so perhaps near the trade deadline of this next season, we would have more money to toss around. And, Smyth's play has been dodgy at best.

I think the Thrashers made out really well with who they got, even if they had just gotten Antropov. I've always liked him, he's a strong player. Kubina is getting a little older, but he still has a lot to offer on the ice.

I haven't really seen Detroit doing anything too crazy, other than what you said Prin. That franchise has a tried and true method, and I seriously doubt we're going to see anything crazy happen there. Even though they lost in the finals, they were still there, for the second year in a row, so they're already doing something right.

Also of note, Steve Nash re-signed with the Blue Jackets for a reported 8 year deal worth $64 million if I remember correctly.

And I still await word on Joe Sakic, who has reportedly come to a decision about retirement, but both he and the team are mute about it for the time being. Seems almost more like a publicity stunt.

Oh yea, and the word in Pittsburgh is that now that they beat Detroit, the Wings are apparently going to suffer a monumental meltdown and become the next team to hit rock bottom. My response to that is as follows: :roll:

Princess

I second the eye rolling. They're making room for players like Abdelcater and Meech and players that filled in for injuries and showed that they have the stuff to be in the NHL

Uncle Du

Yup. And so far, the penguins haven't done anything crazy. I'm hoping they're really stupid, and they don't try to change AT ALL, because they'll be in for a big surprise when the whole league is ready for them. And you can bet your ass that every team they play is going to man up on malkin and crosby. Yea, it won't work all the time, but it'll shut em down.

Mara

We resigned Erik Cole, yay!!

Princess

Sweet. Wings signed Billy Lleno to a 2 year contract. He played for Grand Rapids this season and got called up during the playoffs.

Uncle Du

Did he get a 1 or 2 way contract?

Princess

Dunno. It was just mentioned as a by the way on the news at the end of sports last night

Uncle Du

Kovalev left for the Sens. 2 years 10 mil. Man I wish I was a hockey player.

Mara

Whoo... a couple 'Canes went to the Canadian Olympic camp. :p

One to the U.S. one, too!

Anyway.... three Tigers to the All-Star Game. :D

Uncle Du

I literally almost cried when I read the news. He's my favorite player of all time.

Princess

I know. *hugs Du*

Bad furday

You just wanted an excuse to hug Du :p

Princess

Shhhhh!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.