Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Ender

USA is tied 1-1 with Mexico at the half. Maybe the US can actually win in Mexico for once.

James the Defender

Brett Favre is to sign with the Vikings: my sworn enemies. Favre, who used to hurl for my team and broke all but one of the records on my team, will now be my enemy. Now, we get the chance to catch his INTs and take him down to eat turf! We WILL deny him one of his last records: to have beaten every team in the league. He has beaten 31 of 32. The only team he hasn't beaten: the Packers. We will deny him that one!

How annoying is it? He has waffled in every decision for the past 5-6 years. He had me pulling my hair out, but when the Packers finally said, "No, Brett, not again," it was almost a sense of relief, though trepidation. Aaron Rodgers, however, was great last season and looked good in his first pre-season start. It's time to rock the world!

Mara

I used to admire Favre. But now I think he's a d-bag.

James the Defender

I used to think he was classy. I thought when he retired he was going to go do a hunting show for Versus and live quietly in Miss... Too bad...

Uncle Du

My thoughts exactly. In my eyes, he's become nothing more than spotlight mongering moron. There have been plenty of other players in history that didn't want to retire because they loved the game so much, but they new it was their time. Look at Marino man. One of the best hurlers ever to step on the field, and NEVER got his ring. There was no antics when he left, he knew it was time, and his name will forever live on.

The only thing favre has done is ensure that he will always be remembered as a douche for the unclassy way he has treated the league and more importantly, the fans.

James the Defender

Precisely. I mean, he brought the Lombardi trophy back to Green Bay: to home where it belongs, but he's so much of a waffler.

Go Aaron Rodgers! Go Green Bay!

Mara

Maybe the Lions will finally be able to beat the Vikings this year. Ahahah. :p

James the Defender

I hope the Lions have 4 wins this year: Two against the Vikings and two against the Bears. :p

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

Haha, a waffler. I love that word. :D

Mara

I hope the Lions have 4 wins this year: Two against the Vikings and two against the Bears. :p

Heck, just one win would be an improvement. ;)

James the Defender

lol

Uncle Du

That's how you know you'll be having a better season than last year. You really CAN'T do any worse. :p

Princess

Unless they do just as bad :p

Uncle Du

But that wouldn't be worse. :p

Mara

Nope.

Can only go uphill from here!

Just as long as Jason Hanson's surgery doesn't take too long. He's our only good player! :p

Uncle Du

Jesus, I didn't hear about that. That's horrible.

And the Broncos have yet to win a preseason game. Awesome.

James the Defender

Du, when is our draft for the league I'm in?

Uncle Du

This Friday the 28th at 7 PM Eastern time. There should be an automatically generated email that goes out...at least, I think there is...

James the Defender

Thank you, sir. :D

Uncle Du

I hope I can be there for my own draft. :p

Uncle Du

More retardation from the bettman run NHL.

I mean come on. For some reason the NHL doesn't want to let this team move back to Canada, and for the life of me, I am not getting it. They claim that the billionaire Balsillie or whatever his name is, isn't "trustworthy", and the owners voted down his offer. REFUSED this guys OFFER to completely BUY OUT A BANKRUPT TEAM. And bettman and the owners say no? Why?! So now the NHL is forking over it's OWN money to keep this team in Arizona. You don't even have to be a hockey fan, or even know anything about the game to realize that Phoenix MIGHT not be the best place for a hockey team. This is just ewokin' insane! Really! No matter WHO owns that club, if it stays there, it will continue to lose money until bettmans dumb ass finally admits that he and the owners in the NHL ewoked up by even letting a team in Phoenix in the first place.

God forbid Canada get another team for a sport they ewokin' invented.

And I would also like to add that I think Canada should just sue the US for the rights to hockey. I'm pretty ewokin' sure a Canuck could run the league better.

Edited by Du

James the Defender

O Canada! Eh?

I don't know too much about the organization of the NHL, so I really don't have too much of a comment on this one.

I can't wait until tomorrow night's draft. I'd blurt out my strategy, but Du would know it and steal it :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.