Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

James the Defender

That is class.

Mara

I saw that yesterday. That kid deserves a sportsmanship award.

Chickenman

Yeah, but right at the end he should stop and not accept it.

Princess

Ha, Lions game is blacked out this weekend because they couldn't sell out Ford Field

James the Defender

I wonder why...though I chose them to win this weekend

Uncle Du

That is class.

Definitely. I wonder what that kid did to not be eligible to play his senior year.

Ha, Lions game is blacked out this weekend because they couldn't sell out Ford Field

What a shock. :p

James the Defender

Yeah, but right at the end he should stop and not accept it.

LOL!!!

Uncle Du

Holy crap, Detroit won!! :p

TheUnknown

The Braves are just two games behind the Rockies in the Wild Card standings. C'mon, Bravos.

James the Defender

Grr...I hate the Braves, and the Marlins, and the Mets, and the Nationals...

And the entire NFC North won this week

Uncle Du

I'm hoping that the Rockies can hold on to that spot, but honestly, I don't really care at this point. The Broncos are 3-0!! :D

Princess

Holy crap, Detroit won!! :p

*has a heart attack*

And it may be pre-season but you can tell how much Pittsburgh depends on Sid the Kid because he's out with a hurt groin and Detroit won 4-1 with Jimmy Howard in goal!

Edited by Princess

Princess

That is so wrong

James the Defender

I knew Green Bay wouldn't sue their fans...you don't sue your owners...

Mara

Gah, the Tigers are letting their lead slip away.

Uncle Du

I knew Green Bay wouldn't sue their fans...you don't sue your owners...

Well duh. ;)

I can understand them going after people who just say, "Meh, I don't want em any more." But for them not to really scrutinize a case is bad business. And these people that are actually paying on the judgments, and still not getting tickets?! Friggin' BS.

Uncle Du

Ohhhh, boy. This could be the week that Favre finally beats his old team....

James the Defender

I don't know about all that. Green Bay has more pressure packages than most teams and an excellent secondary. They're going to pressure Favre all night and force him to throw that rock up...into the waiting arms of Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Tramon Williams, Nick Barnett, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk...etc...

The only person on Minns team that can beat GB is Adrian Peterson...

but, of course, AP will beat every team in the NFL save his own...but that's only b/c he plays for them...and that's a fact.

Mara

I have a feeling the Tigers don't want to be in the playoffs.

James the Defender

I have the same feeling about the Phillies... They could've clinched this up early in Sept. but instead they're letting the Braves mill about. They're four up with six remaining to play... Their magic number is 3...They did have an eight game lead on the Braves just last week or a few days earler than that...:mad:

Aaaaaaaaaand.....(shocker)....the Eagles released Garcia. I hope the Packers pick him up and release on of their THREE fullbacks to clear roster room for him. They need a good, experienced backup. Right now they have two QBs on the roster: Rodgers and Flynn(a 2nd yr. man)...

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

I don't know about all that. Green Bay has more pressure packages than most teams and an excellent secondary. They're going to pressure Favre all night and force him to throw that rock up...into the waiting arms of Charles Woodson, Al Harris, Tramon Williams, Nick Barnett, Nick Collins, AJ Hawk...etc...

The only person on Minns team that can beat GB is Adrian Peterson...

but, of course, AP will beat every team in the NFL save his own...but that's only b/c he plays for them...and that's a fact.

Secondaries are week to week man. You beat Cutler and company and the Rams (yipee!), but fell to Cincy. Now, I'm not saying a loss to Cincy is the worst thing now, considering they just beat the "champs", but really. Favre has more weapons than you give him credit for. Percy Harvin has shown that he's a force to be reckoned with deep. The more pressure they put on Favre, the more often he's going to dump it to AP or Chester Taylor, both of whom are wicked dangerous on a screen. You've got your work cut out for you. Should be a good game.

I have a feeling the Tigers don't want to be in the playoffs.

Rockies have a five game lead in the wild card...but no one cares any more. It's football season. :p

Bad furday

I don't care at all. I don't like baseball. :p

But this here is old news...but haha Binghamton! Hometown college (barely a mile from my house) making the news again! And bringing the local zoo keepers into the fray! *unmitigated glee*

http://deadspin.com/5370248/binghamton-zoo-doesnt-appreciate-the-comparisons-to-that-blight-of-a-basketball-team

Uncle Du

LMAO. I can totally tell that the zoo chick is a tree hugger. :p

James the Defender

Secondaries are week to week man. You beat Cutler and company and the Rams (yipee!), but fell to Cincy. Now, I'm not saying a loss to Cincy is the worst thing now, considering they just beat the "champs", but really. Favre has more weapons than you give him credit for. Percy Harvin has shown that he's a force to be reckoned with deep. The more pressure they put on Favre, the more often he's going to dump it to AP or Chester Taylor, both of whom are wicked dangerous on a screen. You've got your work cut out for you. Should be a good game.

The Packers gave up most of their yards on the ground to both Cincy and St. Louis. Benson and Jackson are good backs. I must admit, Percy Harvin is good. He's looked fantastic so far. Favre also has Shiancoe. He loves his TEs. Donald Lee was one of his favorite targets in GB his last season. Lee now has very few catches per game and very few chances with Rodgers.

Expect AP to have a good game (as he always does) but don't look for Favre to. I think it's going to be a low scoring game with a lot of yards for St. Louis, but few points to show for it. Kinda like how the Rams did GBs D last week. They had almost 400 yds. of offense, but only 17 points to show for it. Look for GB to have a less than stellar day on offense, but, in the end, look for GB to win: 17-14.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.