Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Recommended Posts

Uncle Du

But first things firs this week: Go Phillies! On the cover of the New York Post today, Shane Victorino is photoshopped as having a cheerleader bottom half. They called the Phillies the Frillies and said that their fans were second-rate. It fired up all we fans, lol.

Jimmy Rollins' comments and the Yankees' responses are all quite classy...and funny.

http://newyorkpost.com/p/blogs/yankeesblog/yankees_response_to_jimmy_that_not_WBiwZWOkMH38sM3Rdriv6O

I'm glad the players are not as nasty as the fans. I'm sure some Phillies and/or Yankees fan is going to die over the course of the Series...I'm not joking...it's bad...this may just have people calling again for a split between North and South Jersey. It's bad around mid-Jersey, it really is...

You're right, I'm sure we're going to hear of some ridiculous crap happening. It's a shame really. That's why I'm really wary of ever going to a Broncos/Steelers game at Heinz Field. My father in law told me this story: I guess a few years ago, there was a dude who was originally from this area, but had moved away. He had come back and went to a game, and didn't have enough warm clothes, so some buddies gave him some warmer clothes, and one article of clothing was a Raiders hoodie. Well, he had on a bunch of Steelers stuff over it, and I guess after the game they were at a bar. He got hot, and started shedding layers and got down to the Raiders hoodie. Well, some other "fans" took offense at this, and there ended up being this huge fight, and the dude ended up in a coma. F-in ridiculous. And the dude was a Steelers fan! I know that when it comes to stuff like that, I would never instigate anything of the sort, but if someone runs their mouth, I have a hard time keeping mine shut too. :p

Ouch, Ryan Johnson of the Canucks just lost his footing and pretty much went head first into the boards. He just left the ice on a stretcher. Hope that there's nothing serious wrong with him

Hope not!

EDIT: Update on Johnson. He's gonna be ok! :)

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Apparently! What the hell did Staal do to get so many penalty minutes last week?

Got me. *shrug*

Maybe he's not adjusting well to fatherhood. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

He had something like 26 minutes last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

You know the Wings staff is scrubbing down locker rooms before the players are allowed in when they're on the road so that they have less of a chance of getting swine flu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I believe it. Budaj has swine flu. Three players in the NHL have been diagnosed with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I don't blame them at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Huh? Why would any one blame them? :p

Aaaaannnnnnd the AVS WON AGAIN!! :D Hot damn we're doin' awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

phillies 1 yankees 0...hope this trend continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

Yuppers! I'm developing a man-crush on Cliff Lee. :p

Lee was amazing. The behind-the-back grab and the nonchalant basket catch. He looked so bored on the latter catch. He was having so much fun.

Go Phils!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

*wakes up*

Huh, wha? Baseball STILL?!

*goes back to sleep*

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

He had something like 26 minutes last week.

Guess it helps me in fantasy points. :p

Though, I hope he scores some actual goals some more... that would help.

Lost to the Blues last night. :(

Yuppers! I'm developing a man-crush on Cliff Lee. :p

Lee was amazing. The behind-the-back grab and the nonchalant basket catch. He looked so bored on the latter catch. He was having so much fun.

Go Phils!

I KNOW! I wish fantasy baseball went through the World Series. I had Lee on one of my teams. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, that was the outcome that I expected last night. ;)

Even with that BS double play called in the 7th. That ball hit the ground, it wasn't a catch. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Boo, Yankees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

I've decided to jump on the Yankees bandwagon for the Series, since I lived in Upstate NY for 9 years of my life. Yes, the Rockies are my team, and even though I'm not huge on baseball, I figure I would cheer for the Yanks just to irritate people. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Awesome game last night at the Mellon! That's a pretty cool old arena. My father in laws season tickets are awesome! And Pittsburgh lost to Minnesota, which was awesome. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I've decided to jump on the Yankees bandwagon for the Series, since I lived in Upstate NY for 9 years of my life. Yes, the Rockies are my team, and even though I'm not huge on baseball, I figure I would cheer for the Yanks just to irritate people. :D

I've always hated the Bankees....

What the?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Note to Aaron Rodgers: GET RID OF THE BALL!!!! If no one is open, throw it away! Don't take the sack!!!

And the penalties are horrible!!! Don't take them!!! Stop the stupid crap! :mad:

Edited by James the Defender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

i would just like to point out the vikes beat the packers. again. that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Well, my Broncos finally lost. Hopefully we can bounce back from the whooping that Baltimore put on us and beat the steelers next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Lions lost to a team with a worse record then them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

This comes as no surprise... :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Awesome game last night at the Mellon! That's a pretty cool old arena.

Too bad they're building a new one. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I hate the Vikings. I always have. I've hated them since I became a Packers fan 13 years ago. I hate them more than I hate the Bears...that's saying something. Brett Favre drew me to Green Bay in the first place, but now he's the enemy...

Though, to say something nice about Favre: I've never seen a QB play @ that level @ 40. He's an amazing athlete.

Edited by James the Defender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

It sucks that they're tearing down all these arenas that are full of character and that have names that you automatically associate with a team, like "The Joe," and replacing them with impersonal monstrosities named after banks and corporations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Du

Though, to say something nice about Favre: I've never seen a QB play @ that level @ 40. He's an amazing athlete.

Very true. My best friend was a Packers fan for years, then come to find out, he's not really a Packers fan, he's a Favre fan, haha! He's got an assortment of Favre jerseys now. :p

It sucks that they're tearing down all these arenas that are full of character and that have names that you automatically associate with a team, like "The Joe," and replacing them with impersonal monstrosities named after banks and corporations

Yea it does. That's like Denver's Invesco Field. It's still Mile High to us old enough to remember the old field. It is kind of nice to see teams that build their own stadiums because their owners are smart (and rich) enough to finance the construction themselves, and through their own contact. I think it's cool that the new Yankee Stadium is still Yankee Stadium, and that the Cowboys have their own field not named after some corporation.

Edited by Du

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

*misses Tiger Stadium*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.