Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Sports Bar

Uncle Du

That's cause it's a business, remember? :p

James the Defender

lol

I can't stand Brett Favre anymore! I can't wait until he throws that rock up again and they get intercepted over and over and over...

The Phillies lost another one thanks to a blown save...Charlie Manuel wastes Brett Myers in the 8th and uses Ryan Madson in the ninth to close...Madson does not have the mental fortitude to close! He gets two quick outs tonight, walks a batter, and then hangs a change-up over the plate that Wright blasts to take the lead...

:mad: BRETT MYERS FOR CLOSER...CHARLIE PLEASE LISTEN!!!!!!!

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

Last time I checked, the Rockies were up by 6 or so games in the Wild Card, so I'm happy. That's about as close an eye I'm keeping on baseball right now. I don't even check my fantasy teams any more. :p

Princess
128924196584476224.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Uncle Du

Nice!

James the Defender

lol

Uncle Du

Well, no Broncos game playin' here. Guess I'll be watching Minnesota tear Cleveland a new one.

Uncle Du

Woo hoo, football is back!!!

Princess

Lions are losing, who woulda guessed

Uncle Du

Haha, not even Stafford can compete with Drew Brees and company.

TheUnknown

As a UGA fan, I was not terribly impressed with Stafford last year.

Uncle Du

What a gift this was for us...

Edit: Removed link because the NFL is stupid and removes anything they can find on youtube.

Edited by Du

Princess

Big surprise that the Lions lost

James the Defender

WOO!!! Green bay pulled it out of their hats to defeat Chicago 21-15! What a gutsy, gutsy 3-1 call! Go downfield...from the 50! No FG attempt possible if they missed it! Chicago was completely fooled on the play-action! Rodgers looked off the safety and had Jennings open, knowing he was going to him! What a play that showed it self to be the game-winning play!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d812997dd/WK-1-Can-t-Miss-Rodgers-TD-throw

Mara

Yeah, the end of the Broncos game was pretty awesome.

And, despite the loss, I think the Lions played better than I thought they would. :p

Wyoming, however...Argh. Refs should not be able to change their minds about a call, especially after another play is made, i.e... First and goal for us (Wyoming). Texas player, afterwards, penalized for unsportmanship like conduct, and so the ref is all, repeat first down, halfway to the goal line. We run another play. The ref is all.. Oops, that shouldn't have been a replay of first down, so now it's third down. What the hell???

Uncle Du

Oi, now I get to hear it from everyone about Cutler. As you all surely know, I don't have a problem with the guy. But damned if I'm not happy I picked up Collins! He had Cutlers number last night!! I can't believe Urlacher is out all season, friggin crazy. When was the last time that dude was actually healthy?!

James the Defender

Urlacher has missed 7 games in 5 seasons...and in those games, the Bears are 0-7...

Edited by James the Defender

Uncle Du

Just seems like every season I hear about him goin' down for the count. And I really can't believe that he's out all season because of a dislocation. Crazy man. The good thing they got goin' for em this week is that Polamalu is injured too. We might have us a quarterback shoot-out in Chicago!

James the Defender

NFLPA and the owners are not close to coming up with a deal for the CBA which is setting up an uncapped year for 2010, and a potential stoppage of all play in 2011... No NFL in 2011?! NEVER!!! No Fantasy Football in 2011?! NOOOO!!!

Uncle Du

I only want to imagine a season without football. What the hell would I do with myself all fall?!

Oh yea, hockey. :p

James the Defender

I'd be occupied with baseball until November..then I'd be bored until baseball started again in April...

Princess

Hockey fans survived a year without hockey

Mara

A year without football? A year that the Lions can't suck. Win-win!

Uncle Du

Well, I'm pretty sure the Lions are gonna get beat down again this week. :p

Princess

Yay! I don't care if it's pre-season, the Wings game is televised on Saturday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.