Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Lines and Quotes

Chickenman

Ditto. Not biggest, but way up there.

*Goes to read Napalm and Silly Putty*

Edited by Chickenman

Chickenman

Some quotes from Eddie Vedder on my bootleg CD. The man may be the worst speaker with important things to say. :p

Thank you. Mike McCready...uh...doing the guitar *unintelligble, but it sounds almost like "solo"*. That was, uh, Mike's song, that he wrote there, too, that one. So, it's actually, uh...there's a great historian that hails from your area, you should be very proud that, uh...uh, Mr. Howard Zin...one of your local...heroes, brilliant minds of our time. There's a book, he uh...one of his books was "You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train," and that's where that line came from and, and uh...it's...thinking about it now, you know...we lost a lot of great minds and great thinkers in the last few years, Kurt Vonnegut and uh...now, uh George Carlin even and Tim Rusert and...so there's room at the top. We need, uh...we need to be active and replace those people with smart thinkers, that's the only pl-way...only way we're gonna get out of some of this, uh...some of this mess.

Alright, we're gonna have another go at it. Uh, we're gonna try(?) this next song cause we got a day off tomorrow, so, uh...but if you feel like, uh, helpin' me sing it, that'd be great...no problem there...

Something a bit strange, uh...I think it's really strange, uh, something I heard today, they said uh, when they were walking in, uh...to the...venue. On the concourse, within...side the gates of this...uh...facility that we've grown to love here. Uh... Now let me preface this...by, uh...some of my best friends and uh...people that we work with even, are, are Marines...been in the Marines, uh...and they're...incredible incredible people. And uh...and uh...I've met another family in Washington D.C. called the McDunnas, and uh...it's a beautiful family, uh...and uh...and he, he's a...special forces kinda deal but it just seems strange to me that there's a...recruiting station...inside, there's a recruiting booth inside this venue. I think that's strange. So, uh...since you're all here, apparently no one signed up and that's the good sign, I like that. This, uh...this song's about being from Seattle and, and umm...where we have Boeing and it's a big part of our industry, and, and knowing that uh...our taxpayers' money and that a lot of our city workers and what we do is supply uh...weapons and war machines, this song's called "Insignificance."

TheUnknown

I am tired out all these monkey-fightin' snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

Sometimes, the censored version is more awesome than the original!

Princess

Today, my boss called me into his office. He then fired me. Upset, I asked him "Well, who's gonna replace me?" His answer was "I don't know and don't care. Everyone who works here hates you. Now go away." FML

TheUnknown

Huh? Is that a quote from someone else or did that really happen to you?

Princess

It's from FML

TheUnknown

I thought it was an acronym for "f*ck my life."

Princess

Yes, and there's a whole website dedicated to it

Bad furday

It's what I say at work every night :p ;)

Ender

That and Texts from Last Night.

TheUnknown

My description of Dwight Eisenhower's 1952 presidential campaign message:

"I'm Dwight Eisenhower. You're welcome."

E-wing

ok forgive me if some of these are repeats..... i haven't had time to read the whole thread yet....

Time travel... It's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts. ~ Ron Stoppable

This is my story and your not part of it. ~ Auron

You can get more with a kind word and a gun then with just a kind word. ~ Al Capone

You don't have to out run the monster... just the guy running next to you. ~ Unknown

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE SHOOT THEM IN THE HEAD! ~ Me at the start of just about every zombie movie

Pandora

I love that al Capone quote. If I ever got a tattoo, that's probably what it'd say. :p

E-wing

why did I know that that one was going to be the one people around here liked the most...

Pandora

Actually it mmight just be me. I am a gun-totin' redneck...

E-wing

true

oh I got another one..... It's a 2 parter

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO!?! I AM HADES LORD OF THE DEAD!!! ~ HADES

No wonder no one wants to die. ~ Auron

Radioactive Isotope

Kingdom Hearts WIN!!! :D

E-wing

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein

E-wing

Tact is the art of making guests feel at home when that's really where you wish they were. ~ George E. Bergman

TheUnknown

Some of my favorite Smashing Pumpkins lines (aka the band that wrote the soundtrack to my life):

"We'll try to ease the pain.  Somehow, we'll feel the same."

"Mother, weep the years I'm missing, all the time that can't be given back.  Shut my mouth and strike the demons that cursed you and your reasons, out and hand and out of season, out of love and out of feeling."

"No more promise, no more sorrow.  No longer will I follow."

"When I can, I will."

"I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes.  What I choose is my choice.  What's a boy supposed to do?"

"I miss me.  I miss everything I'll never be."

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart."

"Tomorrow's just an excuse a way."

"For a moment, I lose myself, wrapped up in the pleasures of the world.  But in the same old haunts I still find my friends.  Mysteries not ready to reveal, sympathies I'm ready to return.  I'll make the effort.  Love can last forever."

"Humor me before I have to go."

"All that you are is brand new."

"So let the sadness come again.  On that you can depend on me."

"I'm all by myself, as I've always felt."

"Will it matter if I lose and just shatter?  Will you cry and keep crying?  Would I die and keep dying? Because someday we'll know if this even matters."

"When it rains it pours down the back of the bitter son, desperate for love and loves everyone."

"You can never, ever leave without leaving a piece of you.  And our lives are forever changed.  We will never been the same."

"The more you change, the less you feel."

"Wishing you were real to me.  Wishing I could make believe.  Take my secrets to the grave, safely held beneath the waves."

"I've always been afraid to die, but I think I'm more afraid to live."

"If I knew where I was going, I would already be there."

"Away with all the troubles that you've made.  Away with waiting for another day."

"Try to hold on to this heart a little bit longer. Try to hold on to this love aloud. Try to hold on for this heart's a little bit colder."

"For the first time, I'm telling you how much I need and bleed for your every move and waking sound in my time."

"Your picture out of time, left aching in my mind.  Shadows kept alive."

"We'll feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilts and poured cement."

"I fear that I am ordinary just life everyone, to lie here and die amongst the sorrows, drift amongst the days for everything I've said and everything I've ever known is gone and dead."

"Time heals, but I'm forever broken."

"And I knew the meaning of it all...And I knew the echo that is love...And I knew the solitude of heart...And I knew the murmurs of the soul. And the world is drawn into your hands. And the world is etched upon your heart. And the world so hard to understand is the world you can't live without."

"When I said that you're no good, what I meant was I wish you could be there forever, be young forever."

"The mouths of babes sing 'revolution.'  The mouths of babes scream 'disillusion.'  You can't break what's already broken. From the mouths of babes comes nothing."

"The useless drags, the empty days, the lonely towers of long mistakes, forgotten faces and faded loves.  Sitting still was never enough.  If you're giving in, then you're giving up.  'Cause in your sad machines, you'll forever stay, burning up in speed, lost inside the dreams of teen machines."

"Desperate and displeased with whoever you are, and you're a star."

"Rescue me from me, and all that I believe."

"Hold me for goodbyes and whispered lullabyes, and tell me I am still the man I'm supposed to be."

"Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage, and someone will say what's lost can never been saved."

"And I'm sure you know me well, as I'm sure you don't, but you just can't tell, who you'll love and who you won't."

"Don't let your life wrap up around you. Don't forget to call, whenever. I'll be here just waiting for you. I'll be under your stars forever, neither here nor there, just right beside you. I'll be under the stairs forever."

"Today is the greatest day I've ever known, can't wait for tomorrow, I might not have that long."

"I wanted more than life could ever grant me."

"Pink ribbon scars that never forget.  I tried so hard to cleanse these regrets."

"Sear those thoughts of me, alone and unhappy.  I never liked me anyway."

"Happiness will make you wonder: Will I feel okay? It scares the disenchanted far away."

"I want something new, but what am I supposed to do about you?"

"The sun shines, but I don't."

"All your struggles beneath your disguise. Drink from the reasons that hold you alive, 'til we're safe from the wounds of desire and pain. You must rise from the mounds of desire and change."

"We can't help but feel that something has been lost."

"Oh yeah, another day. Oh yeah, what a waste."

"I've wasted all my years.  Been chasin' all my fears for another brighter than you. I gave in long ago to make it to the show, but it's not easy when you're alone."

"It's not easy when you're scared."

"Mother, I've tried. Wasting my life. I haven't given up, I lie, to make you so proud in my eyes."

"Time has ravaged on my soul. No plans to leave, but still I go."

"Who am I to need you now, to ask you why, to tell you no, to deserve your love and sympathy. You were never meant to belong to me."

"Youth is wasted on the young."

Princess

That's too many quotes to read :p

Bad furday

TLDR;

I like music :p;)

TheUnknown

You both should read it you damn lazy nerfherders. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.