Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Ender

This song is a dedication to the brave men who fought in the Battle of the Bulge

Cello in this song is played by Dan Seymour

Silent Ground by Spindle

Do you remember the summer?

When things were easy

Nothing held us down

We were forever

For each other

On silent ground

No chance of failure

No surrender

Or compromise

No distractions

Or hostile action

And no more fighting

Or dying

To be here now

On silent ground

As conversation dies

I'm staring at the sun

Leave it

When the whole world was divided

We were silent

We watched each other's backs

Yet no one can find us

We're surrounded

By broken men

And it makes it hard

To be here now

On silent ground

As conversation dies

I'm staring at the sun

At the only other side

I'm so tired

I finally understand

That this is where it ends

Leave it

We push so hard

To be here now

With nothing else to hide

Staring at the sun

At the only other side

So tired

I finally understand

This is where it ends

Leave it

Say it

Say it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Elvis Costello - Lipstick Vogue

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "This Year's Model"

Don't say you love me when it's just a rumour

Don't say a word if there is any doubt

Sometimes I think that love is just a tumour

You've got to cut it out

You say you're sorry for the things that you've done

You say you're sorry but you know you don't mean it

I wouldn't worry, I had so much fun

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being

It's you, not just another mouth in the lipstick vogue

It's you, not just another mouth in the lipstick vogue

Oh yeah

Get to the slot machine, almost dead on arrival

Just hit me one more time with that live wire

Maybe they told you you were only a girl in a million

You say I've got no feelings, this is a good way to kill them

Select the control and then insert the token

You wanna throw me away but I'm not broken

You've got a lot to say--well, I'm not joking

There are some words they don't allow to be spoken

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being

*drum solo*

It's you, not just another mouth in the lipstick vogue

Not just another mouth (hey!)

Not just in the lipstick vogue (hey!)

Not just another mouth (hey!)

Not just in the lipstick vogue (hey!)

It's you, not just another mouth in the lipstick vogue

-----------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - No Action

(written by: Elvis Costello)

Buy this album!

From the album "This Year's Model"

I don't wanna kiss you, I don't wanna touch

I don't wanna see you 'cause I don't miss you that much

I'm not a telephone junkie

I told you that we were just good friends

But when I hold you like I hold that bakelite in my hands

There's no action, there's no action, there's no action

Ev'ry time I phone you, I just wanna put you down

He's got the keys to the car, they are the keys to the kingdom

He's got ev'rything you need, it's a shame that he didn't bring them

I'm not a telephone junkie

If I'm inserting my coin, I'm doing just fine

And the things in my head start hurtin' my mind

And I think about the way things used to be

Knowing you're with him is driving me crazy

Sometimes I phone you when I know you're not lonely

But I always disconnect it in time

There's no action, there's no action, there's no action

Ev'ry time I phone you, I just wanna put you

Ev'ry time I phone you, I just wanna put you

Ev'ry time I phone you, I just wanna put you down

There's no action, there's no action, there's no action

Ev'ry time I phone you, I just wanna put you down

------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - Living In Paradise

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "This Year's Model"

I don't like those other guys looking at your curves

I don't like you walking 'round with physical jerks

Everything they say and do is getting on my nerves

Soon they will be lucky to be picking up the perks

'Cause when they pull the shutters down and throw up in the dark

They'll find that all the dogs outside bite much worse than they bark

Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury

Oh, the thrill is here but it won't last long

You better have your fun before it moves along

And you're already looking for another fool like me

I call you Betty Felon 'cause you are a pretty villain

And I think that I should tell them that you'd make a pretty killing

'Cause meanwhile up in heaven they are waiting at the gate

Saying, "We always knew you'd make it, didn't think you'd come this late"

And now it's much too dangerous to stop what you've begun

When everyone in paradise carries a gun

Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury

Oh, the thrill is here but it won't last long

You better have your fun before it moves along

And you're already looking for another fool like me

Later in the evening when arrangements are made

I'll be at the keyhole outside your bedroom door

'Cause I'm the first to know whenever the plans are laid

That never go further than floor to floor

You think that I don't know the boy that you're touching

But I'll be at the video and I will be watching

Here we are living in paradise, living in luxury

Oh, the thrill is here but it won't last long

You better have your fun before it moves along

And you're already looking for another fool like me

And you're already looking for another fool like me

*repeat and fade*

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Band - The Weight

From the album "Music From Big Pink"

I pulled in to Nazareth, was feeling 'bout half past dead

I just need some place where I can lay my head

"Hey mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?''

He just grinned and shook my hand, "No'' was all he said

Take a load off, Fanny

Take a load for free

Take a load off, Fanny

And (and) (and) you put the load right on me (put the load right on me)

I picked up my bag, I went looking for a place to hide

When I saw Carmen and the Devil walking side by side

I said "Hey Carmen, come on, let's go downtown''

She said "I gotta go but my friend can stick around''

Take a load off, Fanny

Take a load for free

Take a load off, Fanny

And (and) (and) you put the load right on me (put the load right on me)

Go down Miss Moses, there's nothing you can say

It's just old Luke, and Luke's waiting on the judgement day

"Well, Luke my friend, what about young Anna-Lee?''

He said "Do me a favor son, won't you stay and keep Anna-Lee company?''

Take a load off, Fanny

Take a load for free

Take a load off, Fanny

And (and) (and) you put the load right on me (put the load right on me)

Crazy Chester followed me and he caught me in the fog

He said "I will fix your rat if you'll take Jack my dog''

I said "Wait a minute Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man''

He said "That's okay boy, won't you feed him when you can?''

Take a load off, Fanny

Take a load for free

Take a load off, Fanny

And (and) (and) you put the load right on me (put the load right on me)

Catch a cannonball now to take me down the line

My bag is sinking low and I do believe it's time

To get back to Miss Fanny, you know she's the only one

Who sent me here with her regards for everyone

Take a load off, Fanny

Take a load for free

Take a load off, Fanny

And (and) (and) you put the load right on me (put the load right on me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GreenEagle2005

Sheryl Crow

There Goes the Neighborhood

Hey let's party

Let's get down

Let's turn the radio on

This is the meltdown

Get out the camera

Take a picture

The drag queens and the freaks

Are all out on the town

And cowboy Jane's in bed

Nursing a swollen head

[Chorus]

Sunshine Sally and Peter Ustanov

Don't like the scene any how

I dropped acid on a Saturday night

Just to see what the fuss was about

Now there goes the neighborhood

The photo chick made to look sickly

Is standing in her panties in the shower

She plays the guitar in the bathroom

While the police dust her mother's plastic flowers

And Schoolboy John's in jail

Making a killing through the U.S. mail

[Chorus]

This is the movie of the screenplay

Of the book about a girl who meets a junkie.

The messenger gets shot down

Just for carrying the message to a flunkie.

We can't be certain who the villans are 'cuz everyone's so pretty

But the afterparty's sure to be a wing-ding as it moves into your

city

[Chorus]

There goes the neighborhood

There goes the neighborhood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

(written by: Del Tha Funky Homosapien/Gorillaz)

Buy this album!

From the album "Gorillaz"

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless,but not for long

The future is coming on

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless, but not for long

The future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

Yeah... Ha Ha!

Finally someone let me out of my cage

Now, time for me is nothing cos I'm counting no age

Now I couldn't be there

Now you shouldn't be scared

I'm good at repairs

And I'm under each snare

Intangible

Bet you didn't think so I command you to

Panoramic view

Look I'll make it all manageable

Pick and choose

Sit and lose

All you different crews

Chicks and dudes

Who you think is really kickin' tunes?

Picture you gettin' down in a picture tube

Like you lit the fuse

You think it's fictional

Mystical? Maybe

Spiritual

Hearable

What appears in you is a clearer view cos you're too crazy

Lifeless

To know the definition for what life is

Priceless

For you because I put you on the hype sith

You like it?

Gunsmokin' righteous with one token

Psychic among those

Possess you with one go

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless,but not for long

The future is coming on

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless, but not for long

The future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

The essence the basics

Without it you make it

Allow me to make this

Child, like in nature

Rhythm

You have it or you don't that's a fallacy

I'm in them

Every sprouting tree

Every child apiece

Every cloud you see

You see with your eyes

I see destruction and demise

Corruption in disguise

From this f****n' enterprise

Now I'm sucking to your lies

Through Russ, though not his muscles but the percussion he provides

with me as a guide

But y'all can see me now cos you don't see with your eye

You perceive with your mind

That's the inner

So I'm gonna stick around with Russ and be a mentor

With a few rhymes so m***** f*****s

Remember where the thought is

I brought all this

So you can survive when law is lawless

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead

No squealing, remember

(that it's all in your head)

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless, but not for long

The future is coming on

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad

I got sunshine, in a bag

I'm useless, but not for long

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future is coming on

It's coming on

It's coming on

My future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

me prefers ramble on and communication breakdown.. but me prefers Hendrix more..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

that's pretty old fett.. well.. 3 years ish old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

and to continue my spam.....!!!!11

The lights go out and I can't be saved

Tides that I tried to swim against

Have brought me down upon my knees

Oh I beg, I beg and plead singing

Come out of things unsaid

Shoot an apple off my head and a

Trouble that cant be named

A tiger's waiting to be tamed singing

You are

You are

Confusion never stops

Closing walls and ticking clocks

Gonna come back and take you home

I could not stop that you now know singing

Come out upon my seas,

Cursed missed opportunities

Am I a part of the cure

Or am I part of the disease, singing

You are, you are, you are

You are, you are, you are

And nothing else compares

And nothing else compares

And nothing else compares

You are

You are

Home, home where I wanted to go

Home, home where I wanted to go

Home, home where I wanted to go

Home, home where I wanted to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

w00t for Coldplay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

The Gorillaz are pretty old...still a cool song...but cooler music vid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Gorillaz are pretty old

It's not old as the other songs I've been posting (like these next ones):

The Grateful Dead - Uncle John's Band

From the album "Workingman's Dead"

Well the first days are the hardest days,

Don't you worry any more, 'Cause when life looks like easy

Street, there is danger at your door.

Think this through with me, let me know your mind.

Woh - oh, what I want to know, is are you kind?

It's a buck dancer's choice my friend; better take my advice.

You know all the rules by now and the fire from ice.

Will you come with me, won't you come with me?

Woh - oh, what I want to know, will you come with me?

Goddamn, well I declare, have you seen the like?

Their walls are built of cannonballs, their motto is

Don't tread on me. Come hear Uncle John's Band playing

To the tide, come with me, or go alone.

It's the same story the crow told me;

It's the only one he knows.

Like the morning sun you come and like the wind you go.

Ain't no time to hate, barely time to wait,

Woh - oh, what I want to know, where does the time go?

I live in a silver mine and I call it Beggar's Tomb;

I got me a violin and I beg you call the tune

Anybody's choice, I can hear your voice.

Woh - oh, what I want to know, how does the song go?

Come hear the Uncle John's Band by the riverside

Got some things to talk about, here beside the risin' tide

Come hear Uncle John's Band playing to the tide,

Come on along, or go alone,

He's come to take his children home.

Woh - oh, what I want to know, how does the song go?

Come hear Uncle John's Band by the riverside,

Got some things to talk about here beside the risin' tide.

Come hear Uncle John's Band playing to the tide, come on

Along or go alone, he's come to take his children home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grateful Dead - Casey Jones

From the album "Workingman's Dead"

Driving that train, high on cocaine,

Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed.

Trouble ahead, trouble behind,

And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

This old engine makes it on time,

Leaves Central Station 'bout a quarter to nine,

Hits River Junction at seventeen to,

At a quarter to ten you know it's travlin' again.

Driving that train, high on cocaine,

Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed.

Trouble ahead, trouble behind,

And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

Trouble ahead, Lady in red,

Take my advice you'd be better off dead.

Switchman's sleeping, train hundred and two is

On the wrong track and headed for you.

Driving that train, high on cocaine,

Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed.

Trouble ahead, trouble behind,

And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

Trouble with you is the trouble with me,

Got two good eyes but you still don't see.

Come round the bend, you know it's the end,

The fireman screams and the engine just gleams...

Driving that train, high on cocaine,

Casey Jones is ready, watch your speed.

Trouble ahead, trouble behind,

And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

And you know that notion just crossed my mind.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Grateful Dead - Truckin'

From the album "American Beauty"

Truckin' got my chips cashed in. Keep truckin', like the do-dah man

Together, more or less in line, just keep truckin' on.

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street.

Chicago, New York, Detroit and it's all on the same street.

Your typical city involved in a typical daydream

Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings.

Dallas, got a soft machine; Houston, too close to New Orleans;

New York's got the ways and means; but just won't let you be, oh no.

Most of the cast that you meet on the streets speak of true love,

Most of the time they're sittin' and cryin' at home.

One of these days they know they better get goin'

Out of the door and down on the streets all alone.

Truckin', like the do-dah man. Once told me "You've got to play your hand"

Sometimes your cards ain't worth a dime, if you don't lay'em down,

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;

Other times I can barely see.

Lately it occurres to me What a long, strange trip it's been.

What in the world ever became of sweet Jane?

She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same

Livin' on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine,

All a friend can say is "Ain't it a shame?"

Truckin', up to Buffalo. Been thinkin', you got to mellow slow

Takes time, you pick a place to go, and just keep truckin' on.

Sittin' and starin' out of the hotel window.

Got a tip they're gonna kick the door in again

I'd like to get some sleep before I travel,

But if you got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in.

Busted, down on Bourbon Street, Set up, like a bowlin' pin.

Knocked down, it get's to wearin' thin. They just won't let you be, oh no.

You're sick of hangin' around and you'd like to travel;

Get tired of travelin' and you want to settle down.

I guess they can't revoke your soul for tryin',

Get out of the door and light out and look all around.

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;

Other times I can barely see.

Lately it occurres to me What a long, strange trip it's been.

Truckin', I'm a goin' home. Whoa whoa baby, back where I belong,

Back home, sit down and patch my bones, and get back truckin' on.

Hey now get back truckin' home.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

System of a down

Legend of Zelda - Link

Link, he come to town

Come to save the princess zelda

Ganon took her away

Now the children don?t play

But they will when link saves the day

Hallelujah!

Now link, fill up your hearts

So you can shoot your sword with power

And when you?re feeling all down

The fairy will come around

So you?ll be brave, and not a sissy coward

Now link has saved the day

Put ganon in his grave

So now zelda is free

And now our hero shall be

Link! I think your name shall go down into history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

And now... the coolest sounding song ever...

Inside a heart of summer soul

Don't let them take it away

Cause inside's something solid gold

So don't let them throw it away

Words, they mean nothing

So you can't hurt me

I said words, they mean nothing

So you can't stop me

I said your eyes, they say nothing

So you can't hurt me

(On summer days like these)

I said words they mean nothing

So you can't hurt me

Follow your own path from here

So don't listen to what they say

(They don't know nothing)

Cause inside, you've a heart of gold

So don't let them take this away

Words, they mean nothing,

So you can't hurt me

(On summer days like these)

I said words, they mean nothing,

So you can't stop me

(On summer days like these)

I said your eyes, they say nothing,

So you can't fault me

I said words, they mean nothing,

So you can't hurt me

Inside a heart of pure soul

A sun rising and falling away, like your soul

Cause here comes something wonderful

So don't let them throw it away

Words, they mean nothing

So you can't hurt me

(On summer days like these)

I said words they mean nothing

So you can't stop me

(On summer days like these)

I said your eyes, they say nothing,

So you can't stop me

(On summer days like these)

I said words, they mean nothing,

So you can't hurt me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

U2 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out of

From the album "All That You Can't Leave Behind"

I'm not afraid of anything in this world

There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard

I'm just trying to find a decent melody

A song that I can sing in my own company

I never thought you were a fool

But darling, look at you

You gotta stand up straight, carry your own weight

These tears are going nowhere, baby

You've got to get yourself together

You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment

And you can't get out of it

I will not forsake, the colours that you bring

But the nights you filled with fireworks

They left you with nothing I am still enchanted by the light you brought to me

I still listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see

And you are such a fool

To worry like you do I know it's tough, and you can never get enough

Of what you don't really need now... my oh my

You've got to get yourself together

You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it

Oh love look at you now

You've got yourself stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it

I was unconscious, half asleep

The water is warm till you discover how deep...

I wasn't jumping... for me it was a fall

It's a long way down to nothing at all

You've got to get yourself together

You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it

Don't say that later will be better now

You're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it

And if the night runs over

And if the day won't last

And if our way should falter

Along the stony pass

And if the night runs over

And if the day won't last

And if your way should falter

Along the stony pass It's just a moment

This time will pass

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues

From the album "Bringing It All Back Home"

Johnny's in the basement

Mixing up the medicine

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government

The man in the trench coat

Badge out, laid off

Says he's got a bad cough

Wants to get it paid off

Look out kid

It's somethin' you did

God knows when

But you're doing it again

You better duck down the alleyway

Lookin' for a new friend

The man in the coonskin cap

In the big pen

Wants eleven dollar bills

But you only got ten

Maggie comes fleet foot

Face full of black soot

Talkin' that the heat put

Plants in the bed but

The phone's tapped anyway

Maggie says that many say

They must bust in early May

Orders from the D.A.

Look out kid

Don't matter what you did

Walk on your tip toes

Don't try "No Doz"

Better stay away from those

That carry around a fire hose

Keep a clean nose

Watch the plain clothes

You don't need a weather man

To know which way the wind blows

Get sick, get well

Hang around a ink well

Ring bell, hard to tell

If anything is goin' to sell

Try hard, get barred

Get back, write braille

Get jailed, jump bail

Join the army, if you fail

Look out kid

You're gonna get hit

But users, cheaters

Six-time losers

Hang around the theaters

Girl by the whirlpool

Lookin' for a new fool

Don't follow leaders

Watch the parkin' meters

Ah get born, keep warm

Short pants, romance, learn to dance

Get dressed, get blessed

Try to be a success

Please her, please him, buy gifts

Don't steal, don't lift

Twenty years of schoolin'

And they put you on the day shift

Look out kid

They keep it all hid

Better jump down a manhole

Light yourself a candle

Don't wear sandals

Try to avoid the scandals

Don't wanna be a bum

You better chew gum

The pump don't work

'Cause the vandals took the handles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Denis Leary - Traditional Irish Folk Song

Buy this album!

From the album "No Cure For Cancer"

They come over here and they take all our land

They chop of our heads and they boil them in oil

Our children are leaving and we have no heads

We drink and we sing and we drink and we die

We have no heads, we have no heads

They come over here and they chop off our legs

They cut off our hands and put nails in our eyes

O'Grady is dead and O'Hanrahan's gone

We drink and we die and continue to drink

O'Hanrahan, no O'Hanrahan

They buried O'Neill down in Country Shillhame

The poor children crying a fe dee din de

Hin fle di din fle di din fle de din de

In hey bibble bibble hey bibble bibble hey fle bibble de

O'Hanrahan, no O'Hanrahan

We drink and we sing and we drink and we sing, hey!

We drink and we drive and we puke and we drink, hey!

We drink and we fight and we bleed and we cry, hey!

We puke and we smoke and we drink and we die, hey!

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Grateful Dead - Dire Wolf

From the album "Workingman's Dead"

In the timbers to Fennario, the wolves are running round,

The winter was so hard and cold, froze ten feet 'neath the ground.

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

I sat down to my supper, 'twas a bottle of red whisky,

I said my prayers and went to bed, that's the last they saw of me.

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

When I awoke, the Dire Wolf, six hundred pounds of sin,

Was grinning at my window, all I said was "Come on in".

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

The Wolf came in, I got my cards, we sat down for a game.

I cut my deck to the Queen of Spades, but the cards were all the same.

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

In the backwash of Fennario, the black and bloody mire,

The Dire Wolf collects his dues, while the boys sing 'round the fire.

Don't murder me, I beg of you, don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

No, no, no don't murder me. I beg of you,

Don't murder me. Please, don't murder me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

"Fat Lip" by Sum 41

Storming through the party like my name was El ninio

When I'm hangin' out drinking in the back of an El Camino

As a kid, I was a skid and no one knew me by name.

I trashed my own house party cause no body came.

I know I'm not the one you thought you knew back in high school

Never going, never showing up when we had to.

attention that we crave don't tell us to behave,

I'm sick of always hearing act your age.

I don't want to waste my time

become another casualty of society.

I'll never fall in line

Become another victim of your conformity

And back down.

Because you don't

Know us at all we laugh when old people fall.

But what would you expect with a conscience so small.

Heavy metal and mullets it's how we were raised.

Maiden and priest were the gods that we praised

Cause we like having fun at other peoples expense and,

Cutting people down is just a minor offence then,

It's none of your concern, I guess I'll never learn.

I'm sick of being told to wait my turn.

I don't want to waste my time

become another casualty of society.

I'll never fall in line

Become another victim of your conformity

And back down.

Don't count on me, to let you know when.

Don't count on me, I'll do it again.

Don't count on me, it's the point you're missing.

Don't count on me, cause I'm not listening.

Well I'm a no goodnick lower middle class brat,

Back packed and I don't give a sith about nothing.

You be standing on the corner talking all that kufuffin.

But you don't make sense from all the gas you be huffing.

Then if the egg don't stain you'll be ringing off the hook,

You're on the hit list wanted in the telephone book.

I like songs with distortion, to drink in proportion.

The doctor* said my mom should have had an abortion.

I don't want to waste my time

become another casualty of society.

I'll never fall in line

Become another victim of your conformity

And back down.

Waste my time with them

Casualty of society.

Waste my time again,

Victim of your conformity

And back down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Leonard Cohen - Everybody Knows

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed

Everybody knows that the war is over

Everybody knows the good guys lost

Everybody knows the fight was fixed

The poor stay poor, the rich get rich

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking

Everybody knows that the captain lied

Everybody got this broken feeling

Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets

Everybody wants a box of chocolates

And a long stem rose

Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby

Everybody knows that you really do

Everybody knows that you've been faithful

Ah give or take a night or two

Everybody knows you've been discreet

But there were so many people you just had to meet

Without your clothes

And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never

Everybody knows that it's me or you

And everybody knows that you live forever

Ah when you've done a line or two

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming

Everybody knows that it's moving fast

Everybody knows that the naked man and woman

Are just a shining artifact of the past

Everybody knows the scene is dead

But there's gonna be a meter on your bed

That will disclose

What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble

Everybody knows what you've been through

From the bloody cross on top of Calvary

To the beach of Malibu

Everybody knows it's coming apart

Take one last look at this Sacred Heart

Before it blows

And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Oh everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes

Everybody knows

Everybody knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Strawberry Wine

Deana Carter

He was working through college on my grandpa's farm.

I was thirsting for knowledge and he had a car.

I was caught somewhere between a woman and a child.

When one restless summer we found love growing wild.

On the banks of the river on a well beaten path.

It's funny how those memories they last.

Like strawberry wine and seventeen.

The hot July moon saw everything.

My first taste of love oh bittersweet.

Green on the vine.

Like strawberry wine.

I still remember when thirty was old.

And my biggest fear was September when he had to go.

A few cards and letters and one long distance call.

We drifted away like the leaves in the fall.

But year after year I come back to this place.

Just to remember the taste.

Of strawberry wine and seventeen.

The hot July moon saw everything.

My first taste of love oh bittersweet.

Green on the vine.

Like strawberry wine.

The fields have grown over now.

Years since they've seen the plow.

There's nothing time hasn't touched.

Is it really him or the loss of my innocence.

I've been missing so much.

Like strawberry wine and seventeen.

The hot July moon saw everything.

My first taste of love oh bittersweet.

Green on the vine.

Like strawberry wine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant

An effervescing elephant

With tiny eyes, and great big trunk

Once whispered to the tiny ears

The ears of one inferior

That by next June he?d die, oh yeah!

Because the tiger would roam

And the little one said oh my goodness I must stay at home

And every time I hear a growl

I?ll know the tiger?s on the prowl

And I?ll be really safe you know

The elephant he told me so

And everyone was nervy, oh yeah!

And the message was spread

To zebra, mongoose, and the dirty hippopotamus

Who wallowed in the mud and chewed

His spicy hippo plankton food

And tended to ignore the word

Preferring to survey a herd

Of stupid water bison, oh yeah!

And the jungle took fright

And ran around for all the day and the night

But all in vain because you see

The tiger came and said to me,

You know I wouldn?t hurt not one of you

I much prefer something to chew

You?re all too scant, oh yeah!

He ate the elephant...

------------------------------------------------------

Buffalo Springfield - Broken Arrow

The lights turned on and the curtain fell down,

And when it was over it felt like a dream,

They stood at the stage door and begged for a scream,

The agents had paid for the black limousine

That waited outside in the rain.

Did you see them, did you see them?

Did you see them in the river?

They were there to wave to you.

Could you tell that the empty quivered,

Brown skinned Indian on the banks

That were crowded and narrow,

Held a broken arrow?

Eighteen years of American dream,

He saw that his brother had sworn on the wall.

He hung up his eyelids and ran down the hall,

His mother had told him a trip was a fall,

And don't mention babies at all.

Did you see him, did you see him?

Did you see him in the river?

He were there to wave to you.

Could you tell that the empty quivered,

Brown skinned Indian on the banks

That were crowded and narrow,

Held a broken arrow?

The streets were lined for the wedding parade,

The Queen wore the white gloves, the county of song,

The black covered caisson her horses had drawn

Protected her King from the sun rays of dawn.

They married for peace and were gone.

Did you see them, did you see them?

Did you see them in the river?

They were there to wave to you.

Could you tell that the empty quivered,

Brown skinned Indian on the banks

That were crowded and narrow,

Held a broken arrow?

-------------------------------------------------------

Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

There's something happening here

What it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun over there

Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

What a field-day for the heat

A thousand people in the street

Singing songs and carrying signs

Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Paranoia strikes deep

Into your life it will creep

It starts when you're always afraid

You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Stop, now, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Stop, children, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

"Self Esteem" by Offspring

I wrote her off for the tenth time today

And practice all the things I would say

But she came over

I lost my nerve

I took her back and made her dessert

Now I know I'm being used

That's okay man cause I like the abuse

I know she's playing with me

That's okay cause I got no self esteem

We make plans to go out at night

I wait till 2 then I turn out the light

All this rejection's got me so low

If she keeps it up I just might tell her so

When she's saying that she wants only me

Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends

When she's saying that I'm like a disease

Then I wonder how much more I can spend

Well I guess I should stick up for myself

But I really think it's better this way

The more you suffer

The more it shows you really care

Right? Yeah yeah yeah

Now I'll relate this little bit

That happens more than I'd like to admit

Late at night she knocks on my door

Drunk again and looking to score

Now I know I should say no

But that's kind of hard when she's ready to go

I may be dumb

But I'm not a dweeb

I'm just a sucker with no self esteem

When she's saying that she wants only me

Then I wonder why she sleeps with my friends

When she's saying that I'm like a disease

Then I wonder how much more I can spend

Well I guess I should stick up for myself

But I really think it's better this way

The more you suffer

The more it shows you really care

Right? Yeah yeah yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

From the album "Grace"

(Written by Leonard Cohen)

I heard there was a secret chord

that David played and it pleased the Lord

But you don't really care for music, do you?

Well it goes like this :

The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift

The baffled king composing Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Well your faith was strong but you needed proof

You saw her bathing on the roof

Her beauty and the moonlight overthrough ya

She tied you to her kitchen chair

She broke your throne and she cut your hair

And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Baby I've been here before

I've seen this room and I've walked this floor

I used to live alone before I knew ya

I've seen your flag on the marble arch

But love is not a victory march

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

There was a time when you let me know

What's really going on below

But now you never show that to me do ya

But remember when I moved in you

And the holy dove was moving too

And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Well, maybe there's a God above

But all I've ever learned from love

Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya

It's not a cry that you hear at night

It's not somebody who's seen the light

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

Hallelujah

----------------------------------------------------

And now on a lighter note:

The Beatles - I Am The Walrus

From the album "Magical Mystery Tour"

I am he as you are he as you are me

and we are all together

See how they run like pigs from a gun

see how they fly

I'm crying

Sitting on a cornflake

Waiting for the van to come

Corporation T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday

Man you've been a naughty boy

you let your face grow long

I am the eggman

they are the eggmen

I am the walrus

Goo goo g' joob

Mr. City policeman sitting

pretty little policemen in a row

See how they fly like Lucy in the sky

See how they run

I'm crying

I'm crying, I'm crying, I'm crying

Yellow matter custard

Dripping from a dead dog's eye

Crabalocker fishwife

Pornographic priestess

Boy, you've been a naughty girl

you let your knickers down

I am the eggman

They are the eggmen

I am the walrus

Goo goo g' joob

(Instrumental Break)

Sitting in an English garden

waiting for the sun

If the sun don't come you get a tan

from standing in the English rain

I am the eggman

(Spoken: "how do you do sir")

They are the eggmen

(Spoken: "the man maintains a fortune")

I am the walrus

Goo goo g' joob Goo Goo Goo g' joob

Expert, texpert choking smokers

don't you think the joker laughs at you

(Ho ho ho hee hee hee hah hah hah)

See how they smile like pigs in a sty

See how they snide

I'm crying

Semolina Pilchard

climbing up the Eiffel tower

Elementary penguin singing Hare Krishna

Man, you should have seen them kicking

Edgar Allen Poe

I am the eggman

They are the eggmen

I am the walrus

Goo goo g' joob

Goo goo goo g' joob

Goo goo g' joob

goo goo goo g' joob

goo goo

juba juba juba

juba juba juba

juba juba juba

juba juba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Fett- Just out of curiosity, do you ever run out of songs? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

Artist: Journey

Song: Don't Stop Believin'

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world

She took the midnight train goin' anywhere

Just a city boy, born and raised in south Detroit

He took the midnight train goin' anywhere

A singer in a smokey room

A smell of wine and cheap perfume

For a smile they can share the night

It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting, up and down the boulevard

Their shadows searching in the night

Streetlights people, living just to find emotion

Hiding, somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill,

everybody wants a thrill

Payin' anything to roll the dice,

just one more time

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh, the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Don't stop believin'

Hold on to the feelin'

Streetlight people

_______________________________

Artist: Poison

Song: I Want Action

I want action tonight

Satisfaction all night

I grab my hat and I

Grab my shoes

Tonight I'm gonna hit

The streets and cruise

Down the main strip and

Check it out

With those schoolgirls

A hangin' around

Now I'm a sucker for a pretty face

I don't care if she's in leather or lace

Cause I'm just lookin' for a little kiss

Chorus:

I want action tonight

Satisfaction all night

You've got the love I need tonight

Long legs and short skirts

These girls hit me where it hurts

I can't wait to get my hands on them

I won't give up until they give in

Now I'm not lookin' for a love taht lasts

I need a shot and I need it fast

If I can't have her, I'll take her and make her

Chorus

Hey, sweetheart, slide on in here

No, not in the front, jump in the back

Why?

Cause there's something back there I want to show ya

I want action tonight

Satisfaction all night

Ah, come on honey, I wasn't that bad!

Oh, well

Chorus

___________________________

Artist: Poison

Song: Every Rose Has It's Thorn

We both lie silently still in the dead of the night

Although we both lie close together

We feel miles apart, inside

Was it somethin? I said or somethin? I did

Did my words not come out right

Tho? I tried not to hurt you

Tho? I tried

But I guess that?s why they say every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Jus tlike every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Yea it does

I listen to our favorite song playin? on the radio

Hear the DJ say love?s a game of

Easy come and easy go

But I wonder does he know

Has he ever felt like this

And I know that you?d be here right now

If I could have let you know somehow I guess

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorn

Though it?s been a while now

I still feel so much pain

Like the knife that cuts you

The wound heals, but the scar, that scar remains.

I know I could have saved our love that night

If I?d know what to say

Instead of making love

We both made our separate ways

Now I hear you?ve found somebody new

And that I never meant that much to you

To hear that tears me up inside

And to see you cuts me like a knife, I guess

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

Every rose has its thorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mickey

Artist: Blondie

Song: Heart Of Glass

Once i had a love and it was a gas, soon turned out had a heart of glass.

Seemed like the real thing, only to find mucho mistrust.

Love's gone behind.

Once i had a love and it was divine.

Soon found out i was losing my mind.

It seemed like the real thing but i was so blind.

Mucho mistrust.

Love's gone behind.

In between "what i find is pleasing" and "i'm feeling fine", love is so confusing.

There's no peace of mind if i fear i'm losing you.

It's just no good, you teasing like you do.

Lost inside adorable illusion and i cannot hide.

I'm the one you're using, please don't push me aside.

We coulda made it cruising, yeah.

Yeah, riding high on love's true bluish light.

Once i had a love and it was a gas, soon turned out to be a pain in the ass.

Seemed like the real thing only to find mucho mistrust.

Love's gone behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Fett- Just out of curiosity, do you ever run out of songs? :p

No. (But I'll never post a Boston, Foreigner, Kansas, or Journey song because I hate them with a passion).

Beck - Loser

In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

butane in my veins so i'm out to cut the junkie

with the plastic eyeballs, spray paint the vegetables

dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose

kill the headlights and put it in neutral

stock car flamin' with a loser and the cruise control

baby's in Reno with the vitamin D

got a couple of couches sleep on the love seat

someone keeps sayin' I'm insane to complain

about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt

don't believe everything that you breathe

you get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve

so shave your face with some mace in the dark

savin' all your food stamps and burnin' down the trailer park

(yo cut it)

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

(double-barrel buckshot)

Soy un perdedor

i'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me?

Forces of evil in a bozo nightmare

banned all the music with a phony gas chamber

'cuz one's got a weasel and the other's got a flag

one's got on the pole shove the other in a bag

with the rerun shows and the cocaine nose job

the daytime crap with the folksinger slop

he hung himself with a guitar string

slap the turkey neck and it's hangin' on a pigeon wing

you can't write if you can't relate

trade the cash for the beef for the body for the hate

and my time is a piece of wax fallin' on a termite

who's chokin' on the splinters

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

(get crazy with the cheeze whiz)

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

(drive-by body pierce)

(yo bring it on down)

soooooooyy....

(I'm a driver I'm a winner things are gonna change I can feel it)

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

(I can't believe you)

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

[repeat]

(Sprechen sie Deutches, baby)

Soy un perdedor

I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?

(Know what I'm sayin'?)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Clash - Straight to Hell

From the album "Combat Rock"

If you can play on the fiddle

How's about a British jig and riddle?

Speaking King's English in quotation

As railhead towns feel the steel mills rust water froze

In the generation

Clear as winter ice

This is your paradise

There ain't no need for ya

Go straight to hell boys

Y'wanna join in a chorus

Of the Amerasian blues?

When it's Christmas out in Ho Chi Minh City

Kiddie say papa papa papa papa-san take me home

See me got photo photo

Photograph of you

Mamma Mamma Mamma-san

Of you and Mamma Mamma Mamma-san

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.

It ain't Coca-Cola it's rice.

Straight to hell

Oh Papa-san

Please take me home

Oh Papa-san

Everybody they wanna go home

So Mamma-san says

You wanna play mind-crazed banjo

On the druggy-drag ragtime U.S.A.?

In Parkland International

Hah! Junkiedom U.S.A.

Where procaine proves the purest rock man groove

and rat poison

The volatile Molatov says-

psst... *repeat a few times*

Hey chico we got a message for ya...

Vamos vamos muchachos

From alphabet city all the way A to Z, dead, head

Go straight to hell

Can you really cough it up loud and strong

The immigrants

They wanna sing all night long

It could be anywhere

Most likely could be any frontier

Any hemisphere

No man's land and there ain't no asylum here

King Solomon he never lived round here

Go straight to hell boys

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.