Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Roethlisberger

Pink Floyd - Have a cigar

From the album "Wish You Were Here"

Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar.

You're gonna go far, fly high,

You're never gonna die,

You're gonna make it if you try;

They're gonna love you.

Well I've always had a deep respect,

And I mean that most sincerely.

The band is just fantastic,

that is really what I think.

Oh by the way, which one's Pink?

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

We're just knocked out.

We heard about the sell out.

You gotta get an album out.

You owe it to the people.

We're so happy we can hardly count.

Everybody else is just green,

Have you seen the chart?

It's a helluva start,

It could be made into a monster

If we all pull together as a team.

And did we tell you the name of the game, boy,

We call it Riding the Gravy Train.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Eagles - Hotel California

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair

Warm smell of colitas rising up through the air

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light

My head grew heavy, and my sight grew dimmer

I had to stop for the night

There she stood in the doorway;

I heard the mission bell

And I was thinking to myself,

'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'

Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way

There were voices down the corridor, I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California

Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)

Plenty of room at the Hotel California

Any time of year, you can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain, 'Please bring me my wine'

He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since 1969'

And still those voices are calling from far away

Wake you up in the middle of the night

Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California

Such a lovely Place (such a lovely face)

They livin' it up at the Hotel California

What a nice surprise, bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling, the pink champagne on ice

And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'

And in the master's chambers, they gathered for the feast

They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was running for the door

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before

'Relax' said the nightman, We are programed to receive.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave

*Great double-lead guitar solo*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cream - White Room

In the white room with black curtains near the station.

Blackroof country, no gold pavements, tired starlings.

Silver horses ran down moonbeams in your dark eyes.

Dawnlight smiles on you leaving, my contentment.

I'll wait in this place where the sun never shines;

Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

You said no strings could secure you at the station.

Platform ticket, restless diesels, goodbye windows.

I walked into such a sad time at the station.

As I walked out, felt my own need just beginning.

I'll wait in the queue when the trains come back;

Lie with you where the shadows run from themselves.

At the party she was kindness in the hard crowd.

Consolation for the old wound now forgotten.

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.

She's just dressing, goodbye windows, tired starlings.

I'll sleep in this place with the lonely crowd;

Lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves.

*Sick guitar solo*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The best songs from Team America

America, F*** Yeah from Team America

----------------------------------------------------

I'm So Ronery - Kim Jong Il

I'm so ronery. So ronery. So

ronery and sadry arone. Dere's

no one, just me onry, sitting on

my rittle throne.

I wook rearry hard and make up

great plans. But nobody

listens, no one understands...

Seems that no one takes me

SER-RI-ROUS-REEEEEEEEE...

And so... I'm rone-ry... A rittle

rone-ry... Poor rittle me.

Dere's nobody I can rerate to.

Feel rike a bird in a cage. It's

kind of sirry...But not rearry...

Because it's firring my body

with rage!

I 'm the smartest most clever,

most physically fit but nobody

seems to rearize it.

When I change the world maybe

they'll notice meeeeeeeeee---

until then I'll just be

lonely...poor little me...

I'm so rone-ryyyyyy.

-------------------------------------

Pearl Harbor Sucked and I Miss You - Gary

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark

when he made Pearl Harbor.

I miss you more than that movie missed the point

and that's a lot girl. And now, now you've gone away

and all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked

and I miss you.

I need you like Ben Affleck needs acting school.

He was terrible in that film.

I need you more than Cuba Gooding needed a bigger part.

He's way better than Ben Affleck and now,

all I'm trying to say is Pearl Harbor sucked and I miss you.

Why does Michael Bay get to keep on making movies.

I guess Pearl Harbor sucked just a little bit more than

I miss you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Trogdooooooorrrr!

Trogdoooooorrrrr!

Trogdor was a man!

Uh...Then he was a dragon man..

Uh....Then he was just a dragon...

But he was still Trogdooooooooor!

Trogdoooooor!

Burninating the countryside, burninating the peasants,

Burninating all the people, and their thatched roof cottages!

Thatched roof cottages!

And the Trogdor comes in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Bob Dylan - Bob Dylan's 115th Dream

(written by: Bob Dylan)

From the album "Bringin' It All Back Home"

I was riding on the Mayflower when I thought I spied some land

I yelled down to Captain Arab *pronounced like Ahab, but with R*, I'll have ya understand,

Who came running to the deck and said "Boys! Forget the whale -

We're goin' over yonder. Cut the engines. Change the sails."

"Haul on that bowline!" we sang that melody,

Like all tough sailors do when they're far away at sea.

"I think I'll call it America." I said as we hit land.

I took a deep breath. I fell down, I could not stand.

Captain Arab he starting writing out some deeds

And said "Let's build us a fort and start buying the place with beads.?

Just then a cop come down the street crazy as a loon

And throws us all in jail for carryin' harpoons.

Aw, me, I busted out - don't even ask me how,

I went lookin' for some help, I walked past a Guernsey cow

Who directed me down to the Bowery slums

Where people carried signs around sayin' "BAN THE BUMS!".

I jumped right in line, sayin' "I hope that I'm not late"

When I realized I hadn't eaten for five days straight.

I went into a restaurant lookin' for the cook -

I told him I was the editor of a famous etiquette book.

The waiter he was handsome and he wore a powder blue cape.

I ordered up some suzette, I said "Could you please make that crepe?"

Just then the whole kitchen exploded from boiling fat -

Food was flyin' everywhere - I left without my hat.

I didn't mean to be nosey so I went into a bank

To try to get some bail for the boys back in the tank.

They asked me for some collateral and I pulled down my pants.

They threw me in the alley, when up comes this girl from France

Who invited me to her place. I went, but she had a friend

who knocked me out an' robbed my boots an' was I on the street again.

I went up to a big house with a U.S. flag upon display.

I said "Can you please help me out, I got some friends down the way."

The man said "Get out of here or I'll tear you limb from limb."

I said "You know, they refused Jesus, too." He said "You're not him.

Get out of here before I break your bones. I'm not your pop."

I decided to have him arrested and went looking for a cop.

I ran back outside and got into a cab

I ran out the other door - this English man said "Fab!"

As he saw me leap a hotdog stand and a chariot that stood

Parked across from a building advertising brotherhood.

I ran right through the door like a hobo sailor does,

But it was just a funeral parlor and the man asked me who I was

I repeated that all my friends were in jail, with a sigh.

He gave me his card and said "Call me if they die."

I shook his hand and said goodbye and went back out on the street,

When a bowling ball came down the road and knocked me off my feet.

A pay phone was ringin' - and it just about blew my mind -

When I picked it up an' said "hello", this foot came through the line!

Well about this time I was fed up at trying to make a stab

At gettin' any help for my friends and Captain Arab.

I needed a coin to flip, like either heads or tails,

Would let me know if I should go back to ship or back to jail.

So I hocked my sailor's suit an' I got a coin to flip.

It came up tails, it rhymed with sails, so I made it back to the ship.

Well I got back and took the parking ticket off the mast.

I was ripping it to shreds when this Coast Guard boat went past.

They asked me my name and I said "Captain Kidd".

They believed me but they wanted to know exactly what I did.

I said "For the Pope of Eyruke I was employed"

They let me go right away, they were very paranoid.

Well the last I heard of Arab he was stuck on the side of a whale

That was married to the deputy sheriff of the jail,

But the funniest thing was - as I was leavin' the bay -

I saw three ships sailing and they were all headed my way.

So I asked the Captain what his name was an' how come he didn't drive a truck??

He said his name was Columbus an' I just said "Good luck..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Fool In The Rain by Led Zeppelin

(O.A.R. and The Robert Randolph Band did a great cover of this)

Well there?s a light in your eye that keeps shining

Like a star that can?t wait for the night

I hate to think I?ve been blinded baby

Why can?t I see you tonight?

And the warmth of your smile starts a-burnin?

And the thrill of your touch gives me fright

And I?m shaking so much, really yearning

Why don?t you show up, make it all right?

Yeah, it?s all right.

And if you promised you?d love so completely

And you said you would always be true

You swore that you would never leave me, baby:

What ever happened to you?

And you thought it was only in movies

As you wish all your dreams would come true

It ain?t the first time believe me, baby

I?m standin here feeling blue

Yeah I?m blue

Now I will stand in the rain on the corner

I?ll watch the people go shuffling downtown

Another ten minutes no longer

And then I?m turning around

The clock on the wall?s moving slower

My heart it sinks to the ground

And the storm that I thought would blow over

Clouds the light of the love that I found

Now my body is starting to quiver

And the palms of my hands getting wet

I?ve got no reason to doubt you baby,

It?s all a terrible mess

I?ll run in the rain till I?m breathless

When I?m breathless I?ll run till I drop, hey

The thoughts of a fool?s kind of careless

I?m just a fool waiting on the wrong block, oh yeah

Light of the love that I found...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve

Cos? it?s a bittersweet symphony this life...

?cause it?s a bittersweet symphony, this life

Trying to make ends meet , you?re a slave to the money then you die.

Try to make ends meet

I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down...

You?re a slave to money then you die

You know the one that takes you to the places where all the pain lives , yeah.

I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down

You know the one that takes you to the places

No change, I can change, I can change, I can change,

Where all the veins meet yeah,

But I?m here in my mould , I am here in my mould.

But I?m a million different people from one day to the next...

No change, I can change

I can?t change my mould , no,no,no,no,no,no,no

I can change, I can change

But I?m here in my mold

Well I never pray,

I am here in my mold

But tonight I?m on my knees, yeah.

But I?m a million different people

I need to hear some sounds that recognise the pain in me, yeah.

From one day to the next

I let the melody shine, let it cleanze my mind , I feel free now.

I can?t change my mold

But the airwaves are clean and there?s nobody singing to me now.

No, no, no, no, no

No change, I can change, I can change, I can change,

Well I never pray

But I?m here in my mould , I am here in my mould.

But tonight I?m on my knees yeah

And I?m a million different people from one day to the next

I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah

I can?t change my mould, no,no,no,no,no,no,no

I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now

But the airways are clean and there?s nobody singing to me now

(well have you ever been down? )

(I can change, I can change...)

No change, I can change

I can change, I can change

Cos? it?s a bittersweet symphony this life.

But I?m here in my mold

Trying to make ends meet, trying to find some money then you die.

I am here in my mold

You know I can change, I can change, I can change,

And I?m a million different people

But I?m here in my mould, I am here in my mould.

From one day to the next

And I?m a million different people from one day to the next.

I can?t change my mold

I can?t change my mould, no,no,no,no,no,no,no

No, no, no, no, no

I can?t change

(I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down)

I can?t change

(I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down)

(it justs sex and violence melody and silence)

?cause it?s a bittersweet symphony, this life

(been down)

Try to make ends meet

(ever been down)

Try to find some money then you die

(ever been down)

I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down

You know the one that takes you to the places

Where all the things meet yeah

You know I can change, I can change

I can change, I can change

But I?m here in my mold

I am here in my mold

And I?m a million different people

From one day to the next

I can?t change my mold

No, no, no, no, no

I can?t change my mold

No, no, no, no, no,

I can?t change

Can?t change my body,

No, no, no

I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down

I?ll take you down the only road I?ve ever been down

Been down

Ever been down

Ever been down

Ever been down

Ever been down

Have you ever been down?

Have you?ve ever been down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

The Beatles pwn all!

You're Going To Lose That Girl

Artist: The Beatles

Album: Help!

You're gonna lose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

If you don't take her out tonight

You're gonna find her gone (You're gonna find her gone)

And I will take her out tonight

And I will treat her kind (I'm gonna treat her kind)

You're gonna lose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

If you don't treat her right, my friend

You're gonna find her gone (You're gonna find her gone)

And I will treat her right, and then

You'll be the lonely one (You're not the only one)

You're gonna lose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose... (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

I'll make a point of takin' her away from you (Watch what you do) yeah

The way you treat her, what else can I do?

[GUITAR] (You're gonna lose that girl)

[GUITAR] (You're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose... (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

I'll make a point of takin' her away from you (Watch what you do) yeah

The way you treat her, what else can I do?

If you don't take her out tonight

You're gonna find her gone (You're gonna find her gone)

And I will take her out tonight

And I will treat her kind (I'm gonna treat her kind)

You're gonna lose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lo-o-ose that girl (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose that girl)

You're gonna lose (Yes, yes, you're gonna lose) that girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

John Lennon - Imagine

From the album "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world... You-u-u-u-u

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

-----------------------------------------------

Don McLean - American Pie

(written by: Don MacLean)

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

That music used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could make those people dance

And maybe they'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver

With every paper I'd deliver

Bad news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember if I cried

When I read about his widowed bride

But something touched me deep inside

**The day the music died**

So...

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Did you write the book of love

And do you have faith in God above

If the Bible tells you so?

Now do you believe in rock and roll?

Can music save your mortal soul?

And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him

'cause I saw you dancin' in the gym

You both kicked off your shoes

Man, I dig those rhythm and blues

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck

With a pink carnation and a pickup truck

But I knew I was out of luck

The day the music died

I started singin'

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Now, for ten years we've been on our own

And moss grows fat on a rolling stone

But, that's not how it used to be

When the jester sang for the king and queen

In a coat he borrowed from James Dean

And a voice that came from you and me

Oh and while the king was looking down

The jester stole his thorny crown

The courtroom was adjourned

No verdict was returned

And while Lenin read a book on Marx

The quartet practiced in the park

And we sang dirges in the dark

The day the music died

We were singin'

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Helter skelter in a summer swelter

The birds flew off with a fallout shelter

Eight miles high and falling fast

It landed foul on the grass

The players tried for a forward pass

With the jester on the sidelines in a cast

Now the half-time air was sweet perfume

While sergeants played a marching tune

We all got up to dance

Oh, but we never got the chance

'cause the players tried to take the field

The marching band refused to yield

Do you recall what was revealed

The day the music died?

We started singin'

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Oh, and there we were all in one place

A generation lost in space

With no time left to start again

So come on Jack be nimble, Jack be quick

Jack Flash sat on a candlestick

'cause fire is the devil's only friend

And as I watched him on the stage

My hands were clenched in fists of rage

No angel born in Hell

Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night

To light the sacrificial rite

I saw Satan laughing with delight

The day the music died

He was singin'

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

I met a girl who sang the blues

And I asked her for some happy news

But she just smiled and turned away

I went down to the sacred store

Where I'd heard the music years before

But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed

The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed

But not a word was spoken

The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most-

the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost-

They caught the last train for the coast

The day the music died

And they were singing

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Bye, bye Miss American Pie

Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye

Singin' this'll be the day that I die

This'll be the day that I die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

John Lennon - Imagine

From the album "Imagine"

Imagine there's no heaven

It's easy if you try

No hell below us

Above us only sky

Imagine all the people

Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries

It isn't hard to do

Nothing to kill or die for

And no religion too

Imagine all the people

Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can

No need for greed or hunger

A brotherhood of man

Imagine all the people

Sharing all the world... You-u-u-u-u

You may say I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us

And the world will live as one

pfft... the communistzor.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The only semi-communist part of the song is the part where he says "Imagine no possesions."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

or y'know... the whole... people's war beside me... and well... the whole song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GI_Admiral

I agree with Choz.

No HEaven No Hell means a uniform religion that says there is no heaven or hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

No heaven or hell is simply atheist. Atheist doesn't mean communist. Beautiful song, anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Beatles - Helter Skelter

From "The White Album"

When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride

Till I get to the bottom and I see you again

Do you, don't you want me to love you

I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you

Tell me, tell me, tell me

Come on tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter

Will you, won't you want me to make you

I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you

Tell me, tell me, tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out

Helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter

Look out, cause here she comes

When I get to the bottom

I go back to the top of the slide

Where I stop and I turn and I go for a ride

And I get to the bottom and I see you again

Well do you, don't you want me to make you

Tell me, tell me, tell me the answer

You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer

Look out

Helter skelter, helter skelter, helter skelter

Look out helter skelter

She's coming down fast

Yes she is

Yes she is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

From the album "Electric Ladyland"

There must be some kind of way out of here

Said the joker to the theif

There's too much confusion

I can't get no relief

Business men they drink my wine

Plowmen dig my earth

None will level on the wine

Nobody of it is worth

No reason to get excited

The thief he kindly spoke

There are many here among us

Who feel that life is but a joke

But you and I we've been through that

And this is not our fate

So let us talk falsely now

The hour's getting late

Hey

All along the watchtower

The princess kept the view

While all the women came

And went bare feet servants too

Outside in the cold distance

A wild cat did growl

Two riders were aproaching

And the wind began to howl

Hey

Oh

All along the watchtower

Hear you sing around the watch

Gotta beware gotta beware I will

yeah, Oh baby

All along the watchtower

Edited by Roethlisberger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Drake

"Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin from Halo 2.

They fall in line

One at a time

Ready to play

[i can?t see them anyway]

No time to lose

We?ve got to move

Steady your hand

[i am losing sight again]

Fire your guns

Its time to run

Blow me away!

[i will stay unless I may]

After the fall

We?ll shake it off

Show me the way!

Only the strongest will survive!

Lead me to heaven when we die!

I have a shadow on the wall!

I?ll be the one to save us all!

There?s nothing left

So save your breath

Lying and wait

[Caught inside this tidal wave]

You?re covers blown

No where to go

Holding your fate

[Knowing that I will walk alone]

Fire your guns

Its time to run

Blow me away!

[i will stay unless I may]

After the fall

We?ll shake it off

Show me the way!

Only the strongest will survive!

Lead me to heaven when we die!

I have a shadow on the wall!

I?ll be the one to save us all!

You wanted it back

Only the strongest will survive!

Lead me to heaven when we die!

I have a shadow on the wall!

I?ll be the one to save us all!

Save us all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Beck - Where It's At

Buy this album!

From the album "Odelay"

There's a destination a little up the road

From the habitations and the towns we know

A place we saw the lights turn low

Jig-saw jazz and the get-fresh flow

Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts

Two turntables and a microphone

Bottles and cans and just clap your hands and just clap your hands

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Take me home in my elevator bones!

That was a good drum break

Pick yourself up off the side of the road

With your elevator bones and your whip-flash tones

Members only, hyponotizers

Move through the room like ambulance drivers

Shine your shoes with your microphone blues

Hirsutes with your parachute flutes

Passing the dutchie from coast to coast

Let the man Gary Wilson rock the most

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

What about those who swing both ways: AC-DC's

Two turntables and a microphone

Two turntables and a microphone

Two turntables and a microphone

Two turntables and a microphone

Two turntables and a microphone

Two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Oh, dear me. Make Out City is a two-horse town

That's beautiful, Dad

Get my microphone

There's a destination a little up the road

From the habitations and the towns we know

A place we saw the lights turn low

Jig-saw jazz and the get-fresh flow

Pulling out jives and jamboree handouts

Two turntables and a microphone

Bottles and cans and just clap your hands and just clap your hands

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

Where it's at

I got two turntables and a microphone

I got plastic on my mind

Telephone plastic baby

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimi-Hendrix - Voodoo Child(Slight Return)

From the album Electric Ladyland

Well, I stand up next to a mountain

And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Yeah

Well, I stand up next to a mountain

And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island

Might even raise a little sand

Yeah

Cause I'm a voodoo child

Lord knows I'm a voodoo child baby

I want to say one more last thing

I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time

I'll give it right back to ya one of these days

Hahaha

I said I didn?t mean to take up all your sweet time

I'll give it right back one of these days

Oh yeah

If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh

I'll meet ya on the next one

And don't be late

Don't be late

Cause I'm a voodoo child voodoo child

Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

Hey hey hey

I'm a voodoo child baby

I don't take no for an answer

Question no

Yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Peter Tosh - Equal Rights

Everyone is crying out for peace, yes

None is crying out for justice

Everyone is crying out for peace, yes

None is crying out for justice

I don?t want no peace

I need equal rights and justice

I need equal rights and justice

I need equal rights and justice

Got to get it, equal rights and justice

Everybody want to go to heaven

But nobody want to die

Everybody want to go up to heaven

But none of them, none of them want to die

I don?t want no peace

I man need equal rights and justice

I?ve got to get it, equal rights and justice

I really need it, equal rights and justice

Just give me my share, equal rights and justice

What is due to Ceasar

You better give it on to Ceasar

And what belong to I and I

You better, you better give it up to I

Cause I don?t want no peace

I need equal rights and justice

I need equal rights and justice

I?ve got to get it, equal rights and justice

I?m a fighting for it, equal rights and justice

Everyone heading for the top

But tell me how far is it from the bottom

Nobody know, but everybody fighting to reach the top

How far is it from the bottom

I don?t want no peace

I want equal rights and justice

I need equal rights and justice

I?ve got to get it, equal rights and justice

I really need it, equal rights and justice

Everyone is talking about crime

Tell me who are the criminals

I said everybody is talking about crime, crime

Tell me who, who are the criminals

I really don?t see them

I don?t want no peace

I need equal rights and justice

We?ve got to get equal rights and justice

And there?ll be no crime, equal rights and justice

There?ll be no criminals, equal rights and justice

Everyone is fighting for equal rights and justice

Israel is fighting for equal rights and justice

Down in Angola, equal rights and justice

Down in Botswana, equal rights and justice

Down in Zimbabwe, equal rights and justice

Down in Rhodesia, equal rights and justice

Right here in Jamaica, equal rights and justice

Edited by Roethlisberger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Back When

Tim McGraw

Don't you remember

The fizz in a pepper

Peanuts in a bottle

At ten, two and four

A fried bologna sandwich

With mayo and tomato

Sittin' round the table

Don't happen much anymore

We got too complicated

It's all way over-rated

I like the old and out-dated

Way of life

Back when a hoe was a hoe

Coke was a coke

And crack's what you were doing

When you were cracking jokes

Back when a screw was a screw

The wind was all that blew

And when you said I'm down with that

Well it meant you had the flu

I miss back when

I miss back when

I miss back when

I love my records

Black, shiny vinyl

Clicks and pops

And white noise

Man they sounded fine

I had my favorite stations

The ones that played them all

Country, soul and rock-and-roll

What happened to those times?

I'm readin' Street Slang For Dummies

Cause they put pop in my country

I want more for my money

The way it was back then

Back when a hoe was a hoe

Coke was a coke

And crack's what you were doing

When you were cracking jokes

Back when a screw was a screw

The wind was all that blew

And when you said I'm down with that

Well it meant you had the flu

I miss back when

I miss back when

I miss back when

Give me a flat top for strumming

I want the whole world to be humming

Just keep it coming

The way it was back then

Back when a hoe was a hoe

Coke was a coke

And crack's what you were doing

When you were cracking jokes

Back when a screw was a screw

The wind was all that blew

And when you said I'm down with that

Well it meant you had the flu

I miss back when

I miss back when

I miss back when

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

U2 - Vertigo

From the album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and from the Apple commercial

Uno, dos, tres, catorce

Turn it up loud, captain

Lights go down it's dark

The jungle is your head, can't rule your heart

I'm feeling so much stronger than before

Your eyes are wide

and though your soul it can?t be bought

you might be wondered

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

I'm at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!!)

It's everything I wish I didn't know

Except you give me something

I can feel, feel!

The night is full of holes

'Cause bullets rip the sky

of ink with gold

they twinkle

as the boys play rock and roll

they know that they can't dance

at least they know

I can't stand the beat

I'm asking for the check

girl with crimson nails

Has Jesus around her neck

swinging to the music x2

Whoa x4

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

I'm at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!)

It's everything I wish I didn't know

But you give me something

I can feel, feel!

(Bono talks over Edge's guitar Solo)

All of this, all of this can be yours x3

just give me what I want

and no one gets hurt

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

We?re at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!)

lights go down, and all I know

Is that you give me something

I can feel your love teaching me how

Your love is teaching me how

How to kneel

Kneel!

Yeah 15x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Over and over again

Nelly featuring Tim McGraw

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

And I can't keep picturing you with him

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause it's all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again

And I can't take it yeah I can't shake it

Nooo

I can't wait to see you

Want to see if you still got that look in your eyes

That one you had for me before we said our goodbyes

And it's a shame that we got to spend our time

Being mad about the same things

Over and over again

About the same things

Over and over again

Ohh

But I think she's leaving

Ooh man she's leaving

I don't know what else to do

(I can't go on not loving you)

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

And I can't keep picturing you with him

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again yeah

And I can't take it yeah I can't shake it

Nooo

I remember the day you left

I remember the last breath you took right in front of me

When you said that u would leave

I was too damn stubborn to try to stop you or say anything

But I see clearly now

And this choice I made keep playing in my head

Over and over again

Playing my head

Over and over again

Ohh

I think she's leaving

Ooh man she's leaving

I don't know what else to do

(I can't go on not loving you)

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

And I can't keep picturing you with him

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again

And I can't take it I can't shake it

Nooo

(Now that I've realizes that I'm going down

From all this pain you've put me through

Everytime I close my eyes I lock it down

I can't go on not loving you)

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

And I can't keep picturing you with him

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again

And I can't take it I can't shake it

Nooo

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

And I can't keep picturing you with him

And it hurts so bad, yeah

Cause its all in my head

I think about it over and over again

I replay it over and over again

And I can't take it I can't shake it

Nooo

Over and Over again

Over and Over again

Cause it's all in my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

U2 - Vertigo

From the album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and from the Apple commercial

Uno, dos, tres, catorce

Turn it up loud, captain

Lights go down it's dark

The jungle is your head, can't rule your heart

I'm feeling so much stronger than before

Your eyes are wide

and though your soul it can?t be bought

you might be wondered

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

I'm at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!!)

It's everything I wish I didn't know

Except you give me something

I can feel, feel!

The night is full of holes

'Cause bullets rip the sky

of ink with gold

they twinkle

as the boys play rock and roll

they know that they can't dance

at least they know

I can't stand the beat

I'm asking for the check

girl with crimson nails

Has Jesus around her neck

swinging to the music x2

Whoa x4

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

I'm at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!)

It's everything I wish I didn't know

But you give me something

I can feel, feel!

(Bono talks over Edge's guitar Solo)

All of this, all of this can be yours x3

just give me what I want

and no one gets hurt

Hello, Hello

(Hola!)

We?re at a place called Vertigo

(D?nde est?!)

lights go down, and all I know

Is that you give me something

I can feel your love teaching me how

Your love is teaching me how

How to kneel

Kneel!

Yeah 15x

Love it....but I dont' get why they count "1, 2, 3, 14." :p

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Underwear Goes Inside The Pants

Lazyboy

Why is marijuana not legal? Why is marijuana not legal?

It's a natural plant that grows in the dirt.

Do you know what's not natural?

80 year old dudes with hard-ons. That's not natural.

But we got pills for that.

We're dedicating all our medical resources to keeping the old guys erect,

but we're putting people in jail for something that grows in the dirt?

You know we have more prescription drugs now.

Every commercial that comes on TV is a prescription drug ad.

I can't watch TV for four minutes without thinking I have five serious diseases.

Like: "Do you ever wake up tired in the morning?"

Oh my god I have this, write this down. Whatever it is, I have it.

Half the time I don't even know what the commercial is:

people running in fields or flying kites or swimming in the ocean.

I'm like that is the greatest disease ever. How do you get that?

That disease comes with a hot chick and a puppy.

The schools now: It is all about self-esteem in the schools now.

Build the kids' self-esteem, make them feel good about themselves.

If everybody grows up with high self-esteem, who is going to dance in our strip clubs?

What's going to happen to our porno industry?

These women don't just grown on trees.

It takes lots of drunk dads missing dance recitals before you decide to blow a goat on the internet for fifty bucks.

And if that disappears, where does that leave me on a Friday night with my new high speed connection?

Masterminds are another word that comes up all the time.

You keep hearing about these terrorists masterminds that get killed in the middle east.

Terrorists masterminds.

Mastermind is sort of a lofty way to describe what these guys do, don't you think?

They're not masterminds.

"OK, you take bomb, right? And you put in your backpack. And you get on bus and you blow yourself up. Alright?"

"Why do I have to blow myself up? Why can't I just:"

"Who's the ewoking mastermind here? Me or you?"

Americans, let's face it: We've been a spoiled country for a long time.

Do you know what the number one health risk in America is?

Obesity. They say we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic.

An epidemic like it is polio. Like we'll be telling our grand kids about it one day.

The Great Obesity Epidemic of 2004.

"How'd you get through it grandpa?"

"Oh, it was horrible Johnny, there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere."

Nobody knows why were getting fatter? Look at our lifestyle.

I'll sit at a drive thru.

I'll sit there behind fifteen other cars instead of getting up to make the eight foot walk to the totally empty counter.

Everything is mega meal, super sized. Want biggie fries, super sized, want to go large.

You want to have thirty burgers for a nickel you fat ewoker. There's room in the back. Take it!

Want a 55 gallon drum of Coke with that? It's only three more cents.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.

Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?

Of course not.

You got to spend a long time in your own locker with your underwear shoved up your ass before you start to think,

"You'll see. I'm going to take of the world of computers! I'll show them."

We're in one of the richest countries in the world,

but the minimum wage is lower than it was thirty five years ago.

There are homeless people everywhere.

This homeless guy asked me for money the other day.

I was about to give it to him and then I thought he was going to use it on drugs or alcohol.

And then I thought, that's what I'm going to use it on.

Why am I judging this poor nerfherder.

People love to judge homeless guys. Like if you give them money they're just going to waste it.

Well, he lives in a box, what do you want him to do? Save it up and buy a wall unit?

Take a little run to the store for a throw rug and a CD rack? He's homeless.

I walked behind this guy the other day.

A homeless guy asked him for money.

He looks right at the homeless guy and says why don't you go get a job you bum.

People always say that to homeless guys like it is so easy.

This homeless guy was wearing his underwear outside his pants.

Outside his pants. I'm guessing his resume isn't all up to date.

I'm predicting some problems during the interview process.

I'm pretty sure even McDonalds has a "underwear goes inside the pants" policy.

Not that they enforce it really strictly, but technically I'm sure it is on the books.

Edited by Tsl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Love it....but I dont' get why they count "1, 2, 3, 14." :p

It annoys me when people are so literal. It sounds better as "Catorce" than "Cuatro."

It is funny, though I have a feeling Bono knows what he's saying.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

David Bowie - Heroes

I

I will be king

And you

You will be queen

Though nothing will

Drive them away

We can beat them

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

Just for one day

And you

You can be mean

And I

I'll drink all the time

'Cause we're lovers

And that is a fact

Yes we're lovers

And that is that

Though nothing

Will keep us together

We could steal time

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

For ever and ever

What d'you say

I

I wish you could swim

Like the dolphins

Like dolphins can swim

Though nothing

Will keep us together

We can beat them

For ever and ever

Oh we can be Heroes

Just for one day

I

I will be king

And you

You will be queen

Though nothing

Will drive them away

We can be Heroes

Just for one day

We can be us

Just for one day

I

I can remember

Standing

By the wall

And the guns

Shot above our heads

And we kissed

As though nothing could fall

And the shame

Was on the other side

Oh we can beat them

For ever and ever

Then we can be Heroes

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

We can be Heroes

We can be Heroes

Just for one day

We can be Heroes

We're nothing

And nothing will help us

Maybe we're lying

Then you better not stay

But we could be safer

Just for one day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

Love it....but I dont' get why they count "1, 2, 3, 14." :p

It annoys me when people are so literal. It sounds better as "Catorce" than "Cuatro."

It is funny, though I have a feeling Bono knows what he's saying.

I realized it sounds better. :p

I was just sayin'.

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.