Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Roethlisberger

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road

From the album "Born To Run"

The screen door slams, Mary's dress waves

Like a vision she dances across the porch as the radio plays

Roy Orbison singing for the lonely

Hey, that's me and I want you only

Don't turn me home again, I just can't face myself alone again

Don't run back inside, darling, you know just what I'm here for

So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore

Show a little faith, there's magic in the night

You ain't a beauty but, hey, you're alright

Oh, and that's alright with me

You can hide 'neath your covers and study your pain

Make crosses from your lovers, throw roses in the rain

Waste your summer praying in vain

For a savior to rise from these streets

Well now, I ain't no hero, that's understood

All the redemption I can offer, girl, is beneath this dirty hood

With a chance to make it good somehow

Hey, what else can we do now?

Except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair

Well, the night's busting open, these two lanes will take us anywhere

We got one last chance to make it real

To trade in these wings on some wheels

Climb in back, heaven's waiting on down the tracks

Oh oh, come take my hand

We're riding out tonight to case the promised land

Oh oh oh oh, Thunder Road

Oh, Thunder Road, oh, Thunder Road

Lying out there like a killer in the sun

Hey, I know it's late, we can make it if we run

Oh oh oh oh, Thunder Road

Sit tight, take hold, Thunder Road

Well, I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk

And my car's out back if you're ready to take that long walk

From your front porch to my front seat

The door's open but the ride ain't free

And I know you're lonely for words that I ain't spoken

But tonight we'll be free, all the promises'll be broken

There were ghosts in the eyes of all the boys you sent away

They haunt this dusty beach road in the skeleton frames of burned-out Chevrolets

They scream your name at night in the street

Your graduation gown lies in rags at their feet

And in the lonely cool before dawn

You hear their engines rolling on

But when you get to the porch, they're gone on the wind

So Mary, climb in

It's a town full of losers, I'm pulling out of here to win

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days

Buy this album!

I had a friend was a big baseball player

back in high school

He could throw that speedball by you

Make you look like a fool boy

Saw him the other night at this roadside bar

I was walking in, he was walking out

We went back inside sat down had a few drinks

but all he kept talking about was

Glory days well they'll pass you by

Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye

Glory days, glory days

Well there's a girl that lives up the block

back in school she could turn all the boy's heads

Sometimes on a Friday I'll stop by

and have a few drinks after she put her kids to bed

Her and her husband Bobby well they split up

I guess it's two years gone by now

We just sit around talking about the old times,

she says when she feels like crying

she starts laughing thinking about

Glory days well they'll pass you by

Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye

Glory days, glory days

My old man worked 20 years on the line

and they let him go

Now everywhere he goes out looking for work

they just tell him that he's too old

I was 9 nine years old and he was working at the

Metuchen Ford plant assembly line

Now he just sits on a stool down at the Legion hall

but I can tell what's on his mind

Glory days yeah goin back

Glory days aw he ain't never had

Glory days, glory days

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight

and I'm going to drink till I get my fill

And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it

but I probably will

Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture

a little of the glory of, well time slips away

and leaves you with nothing mister but

boring stories of glory days

Glory days well they'll pass you by

Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye

Glory days, glory days

Glory days well they'll pass you by

Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye

Glory days, glory days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

"Take it Away" by the Used

Get down

Wooooooo!

Get down

I'm lying to myself

And this dagger's my excuse

I'm apalled

I Should have paid up

And I left an hour late

I was laid up

I must abuse myself

I'm against all that I've made up

Set in stone the sun will come

And I hate light

You know I hate light

Dont make it look so pretty burning

Burn the sun

Burn the light

Take take take take take take it away

Take my hand

Take my life

Take take take take take take it away

I must have caught something

In the heat of all these dances

I'm a worm with no more chances

And I've lost all doubt

In a chemical romance

I guess I'm bithing

At the thoughts of tarnished hope

It's kind of funny

The only feeling

I'm not in love

You know it's not love

Don't make it look so pretty burning

Burn the sun

Burn the light

Take take take take take take it away

Take my hand

Take my life

Take take take take take take it away

Burn the sun

Burn the light

Take take take take take take it away

Take my hand

Take my life

Take take take take take take it away

Brothers and sisters

I'm right here with you

Cause everyone's got one

I started to kill me

I'm so apathetic in my resentment

Living, loving, knowing this... in my resentment

Take my hand [x8]

Take my life

Take my heart take my mind

Take my life take my life

Burn the sun burn the lights

Take take take take take take it away

Take my hand take my life

Take take take take take take it away

Burn the signs burn the lights

Take take take take take take it away

Take my hand take my life

Take my life

Take my life

Take my life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

This is for one of my closest friends, who I've known since we were in diapers. She's been really depressed latley.

Note: The lyrics arn't right. It just has all the words, not how many times they're sung.

"Fall To Pieces" by Velvet Revolver

It's been a long year

Since you've been gone

I've been alone here

I've grown old

I fall to pieces, I'm falling

Fell to pieces and I'm still falling

Every time I'm falling down

All alone I fall to pieces

I keep a journal of memories

I'm feeling lonely, I can't breathe

I fall to pieces, I'm falling

Fell to pieces and I'm still falling

All the years I've tried

With more to go

Will the memories die

I'm waiting

Will I find you

Can I find you

We're falling down

I'm falling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower

From the album "Electric Ladyland"

There must be some kind of way outta here

said the joker to the thief

There's too much confusion...

I can't get no relief

Business men, they drink my wine

Plowman dig my earth

None were level on the mind

Nobody up at his word

hey, hey

No reason to get excited

The thief he kindly spoke

There are many here among us

Who feel that life is but a joke

But, uh...but you and I, we've been through that

And this is not our fate

So let us stop talkin' falsely now

The hour's getting late, hey

All along the watchtower

Princes kept the view

While all the women came and went

Barefoot servants, too

Outside in the cold distance

A wildcat did growl

Two riders were approaching

And the wind began to howl

-------------------------------------------------------

Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

From the album "Electric Ladyland"

Well, I stand up next to a mountain

And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Yeah

Well, I stand up next to a mountain

And I chop it down with the edge of my hand

Well, I pick up all the pieces and make an island

Might even raise a little sand

Yeah

Cause I'm a voodoo child

Lord knows I'm a voodoo child baby

I want to say one more last thing

I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time

I'll give it right back to ya one of these days

Hahaha

I said I didn?t mean to take up all your sweet time

I'll give it right back one of these days

Oh yeah

If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh

I'll meet ya on the next one

And don't be late

Don't be late

Cause I'm a voodoo child voodoo child

Lord knows I'm a voodoo child

Hey hey hey

I'm a voodoo child baby

I don't take no for an answer

Question no

Yeah

----------------------------------------------------------

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing

From the album "Axis: Bold as Love"

*guitar solo*

Well she's walking through the clouds

With a circus mind that's running round

Butterflies and zebras

And moonbeams and fairy tales

That's all she ever thinks about

Riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me

With a thousand smiles, she gives to me free

It's alright she says it's alright

Take anything you want from me, anything

Anything.

Fly on little wing,

Yeah yeah, yeah, little wing

*shorter guitar solo*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

This may be long but it's pretty funny:

Alice's Restaurant

By Arlo Guthrie

This song is called Alice's Restaurant, and it's about Alice, and the

restaurant, but Alice's Restaurant is not the name of the restaurant,

that's just the name of the song, and that's why I called the song Alice's

Restaurant.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant

Walk right in it's around the back

Just a half a mile from the railroad track

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant

Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on

Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the

restaurant, but Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the

church nearby the restaurant, in the bell-tower, with her husband Ray and

Fasha the dog. And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of

room downstairs where the pews used to be in. Havin' all that room,

seein' as how they took out all the pews, they decided that they didn't

have to take out their garbage for a long time.

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there, and we decided it'd be

a friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump. So

we took the half a ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW

microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed

on toward the city dump.

Well we got there and there was a big sign and a chain across across the

dump saying, "Closed on Thanksgiving." And we had never heard of a dump

closed on Thanksgiving before, and with tears in our eyes we drove off

into the sunset looking for another place to put the garbage.

We didn't find one. Until we came to a side road, and off the side of the

side road there was another fifteen foot cliff and at the bottom of the

cliff there was another pile of garbage. And we decided that one big pile

is better than two little piles, and rather than bring that one up we

decided to throw our's down.

That's what we did, and drove back to the church, had a thanksgiving

dinner that couldn't be beat, went to sleep and didn't get up until the

next morning, when we got a phone call from officer Obie. He said, "Kid,

we found your name on an envelope at the bottom of a half a ton of

garbage, and just wanted to know if you had any information about it." And

I said, "Yes, sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie, I put that envelope

under that garbage."

After speaking to Obie for about fourty-five minutes on the telephone we

finally arrived at the truth of the matter and said that we had to go down

and pick up the garbage, and also had to go down and speak to him at the

police officer's station. So we got in the red VW microbus with the

shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed on toward the

police officer's station.

Now friends, there was only one or two things that Obie coulda done at

the police station, and the first was he could have given us a medal for

being so brave and honest on the telephone, which wasn't very likely, and

we didn't expect it, and the other thing was he could have bawled us out

and told us never to be see driving garbage around the vicinity again,

which is what we expected, but when we got to the police officer's station

there was a third possibility that we hadn't even counted upon, and we was

both immediately arrested. Handcuffed. And I said "Obie, I don't think I

can pick up the garbage with these handcuffs on." He said, "Shut up, kid.

Get in the back of the patrol car."

And that's what we did, sat in the back of the patrol car and drove to the

quote Scene of the Crime unquote. I want tell you about the town of

Stockbridge, Massachusets, where this happened here, they got three stop

signs, two police officers, and one police car, but when we got to the

Scene of the Crime there was five police officers and three police cars,

being the biggest crime of the last fifty years, and everybody wanted to

get in the newspaper story about it. And they was using up all kinds of

cop equipment that they had hanging around the police officer's station.

They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and

they took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles

and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each

one was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,

the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to

mention the aerial photography.

After the ordeal, we went back to the jail. Obie said he was going to put

us in the cell. Said, "Kid, I'm going to put you in the cell, I want your

wallet and your belt." And I said, "Obie, I can understand you wanting my

wallet so I don't have any money to spend in the cell, but what do you

want my belt for?" And he said, "Kid, we don't want any hangings." I

said, "Obie, did you think I was going to hang myself for littering?"

Obie said he was making sure, and friends Obie was, cause he took out the

toilet seat so I couldn't hit myself over the head and drown, and he took

out the toilet paper so I couldn't bend the bars roll out the - roll the

toilet paper out the window, slide down the roll and have an escape. Obie

was making sure, and it was about four or five hours later that Alice

(remember Alice? It's a song about Alice), Alice came by and with a few

nasty words to Obie on the side, bailed us out of jail, and we went back

to the church, had a another thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat,

and didn't get up until the next morning, when we all had to go to court.

We walked in, sat down, Obie came in with the twenty seven eight-by-ten

colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back

of each one, sat down. Man came in said, "All rise." We all stood up,

and Obie stood up with the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy

pictures, and the judge walked in sat down with a seeing eye dog, and he

sat down, we sat down. Obie looked at the seeing eye dog, and then at the

twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles and arrows

and a paragraph on the back of each one, and looked at the seeing eye dog.

And then at twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy pictures with circles

and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one and began to cry,

'cause Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American

blind justice, and there wasn't nothing he could do about it, and the

judge wasn't going to look at the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy

pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each

one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. And

we was fined $50 and had to pick up the garbage in the snow, but thats not

what I came to tell you about.

Came to talk about the draft.

They got a building down New York City, it's called Whitehall Street,

where you walk in, you get injected, inspected, detected, infected,

neglected and selected. I went down to get my physical examination one

day, and I walked in, I sat down, got good and drunk the night before, so

I looked and felt my best when I went in that morning. `Cause I wanted to

look like the all-American kid from New York City, man I wanted, I wanted

to feel like the all-, I wanted to be the all American kid from New York,

and I walked in, sat down, I was hung down, brung down, hung up, and all

kinds o' mean nasty ugly things. And I waked in and sat down and they gave

me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, see the phsychiatrist, room 604."

And I went up there, I said, "Shrink, I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I

wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and

guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill,

KILL, KILL." And I started jumpin up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and

he started jumpin up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down

yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the sargent came over, pinned a medal on me,

sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

Didn't feel too good about it.

Proceeded on down the hall gettin more injections, inspections,

detections, neglections and all kinds of stuff that they was doin' to me

at the thing there, and I was there for two hours, three hours, four

hours, I was there for a long time going through all kinds of mean nasty

ugly things and I was just having a tough time there, and they was

inspecting, injecting every single part of me, and they was leaving no

part untouched. Proceeded through, and when I finally came to the see the

last man, I walked in, walked in sat down after a whole big thing there,

and I walked up and said, "What do you want?" He said, "Kid, we only got

one question. Have you ever been arrested?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the Alice's Restaurant Massacre,

with full orchestration and five part harmony and stuff like that and all

the phenome... - and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, did you ever

go to court?"

And I proceeded to tell him the story of the twenty seven eight-by-ten

colour glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and the paragraph on

the back of each one, and he stopped me right there and said, "Kid, I want

you to go and sit down on that bench that says Group W .... NOW kid!!"

And I, I walked over to the, to the bench there, and there is, Group W's

where they put you if you may not be moral enough to join the army after

committing your special crime, and there was all kinds of mean nasty ugly

looking people on the bench there. Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father

rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me! And

they was mean and nasty and ugly and horrible crime-type guys sitting on the

bench next to me. And the meanest, ugliest, nastiest one, the meanest

father raper of them all, was coming over to me and he was mean 'n' ugly

'n' nasty 'n' horrible and all kind of things and he sat down next to me

and said, "Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay

$50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?"

And I said, "Littering." And they all moved away from me on the bench

there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I

said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand,

and we had a great time on the bench, talkin about crime, mother stabbing,

father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about on the

bench. And everything was fine, we was smoking cigarettes and all kinds of

things, until the Sargeant came over, had some paper in his hand, held it

up and said.

"Kids, this-piece-of-paper's-got-47-words-37-sentences-58-words-we-wanna-

know-details-of-the-crime-time-of-the-crime-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-

you-gotta-say-pertaining-to-and-about-the-crime-I-want-to-know-arresting-

officer's-name-and-any-other-kind-of-thing-you-gotta-say", and talked for

forty-five minutes and nobody understood a word that he said, but we had

fun filling out the forms and playing with the pencils on the bench there,

and I filled out the massacre with the four part harmony, and wrote it

down there, just like it was, and everything was fine and I put down the

pencil, and I turned over the piece of paper, and there, there on the

other side, in the middle of the other side, away from everything else on

the other side, in parentheses, capital letters, quotated, read the

following words:

("KID, HAVE YOU REHABILITATED YOURSELF?")

I went over to the sargent, said, "Sargeant, you got a lot a damn gall to

ask me if I've rehabilitated myself, I mean, I mean, I mean that just, I'm

sittin' here on the bench, I mean I'm sittin here on the Group W bench

'cause you want to know if I'm moral enough join the army, burn women,

kids, houses and villages after bein' a litterbug." He looked at me and

said, "Kid, we don't like your kind, and we're gonna send you fingerprints

off to Washington."

And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder, is a

study in black and white of my fingerprints. And the only reason I'm

singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar

situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a

situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into

the shrink wherever you are ,just walk in say "Shrink, You can get

anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. You know, if

one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and

they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,

they may think they're both f*****s and they won't take either of them.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in

singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an

organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said

fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and

walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is , the Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacre Movement, and

all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the

guitar.

With feeling. So we'll wait for it to come around on the guitar, here and

sing it when it does. Here it comes.

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Walk right in it's around the back

Just a half a mile from the railroad track

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

That was horrible. If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.

I've been singing this song now for twenty five minutes. I could sing it

for another twenty five minutes. I'm not proud... or tired.

So we'll wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part

harmony and feeling.

We're just waitin' for it to come around is what we're doing.

All right now.

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Excepting Alice

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Walk right in it's around the back

Just a half a mile from the railroad track

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

Da da da da da da da dum

At Alice's Restaurant

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I love this song.

"Signing Emo" by MC Lars.

Once upon a time, in the city of Los Angeles...

"Marty, Marty listen to me. Bring me something the kids will cry for.

Get out there, and get us stoked!"

Meet Marty, major label A&R scout, forty years old, gut hanginh out.

Red Ferrari, Marty livinh in L.A. bumps another line to get through the day.

Dumped by his girl, he paid for her liposuction,

His friends call him "Money", in his introduction.

And Marty knows nothing but claims to know it all,

Lose the flat screen TV if he drops the ball.

You're as good as your last hit, find the next big thing.

If he doesn't bring the bling, his cell phone won't ring.

What's the trend, what's new? What's a label scout to do? Office life, Marty 11:32.

The label pres. calls and yells, "Sign more emo!"

How about screamo? "If it sells, sign Nemo,"

"We're down 2%, and BMG knows,

My Daughter likes Dashboard, so get me one of those!"

He checks AP.net, the Scout and more,

yelling band names to his assistant through the door.

The kids like this, who cares if it's great?

So he signs a band called Hearts that Hate.

"Marty... we've got a hit."

Cry tonight. My hands around your hands.

I won't let you die tonight.

Cry tonight. My heart's in your hands.

I won't let you...

Hearts that Hate, Marty goes to their show, up in the club and here we go.

Marty sees a girl in a Simple Plan shirt with a Senses Fail boy, that'll never work.

He finds his label friends in the corner they huddle,

An emo cattle auction, they penetrate the bubble.

They talk about Victory and signing TBS,

Dissing the same bands they just tried to impress.

So the lights go down, the crowd starts to scream,

Hearts that Hate have hit the scene.

Blake on vocals, and lead guitar,

He does a backflip, "Look how different we are!"

They show up at the studio to record it,

A TRL, Billboard Modern Rock hit.

They auto-tune Blake, but he can't tell.

He says, "I've got perfect pitch, damn I sing well."

ProTools, Logic, cut, copy, paste, quantized solos and quantized bass.

Signed, sealed, deliver and sent, across the U.S. and the single went...

Cry tonight. My hands around your hands.

I won't let you die tonight.

Cry tonight. My heart's in your hands.

I won't let you...

Momentum builds, but it all caves in.

Industrial comes back, the pres. needs a NIN.

Marty finds a new band called "Fetal Coil"

And Hearts that Hate try to keep their fans loyal.

They re-work their sound for album number two,

As "Machines of Hate," but their career is through.

They break up and work pushing mops and brooms,

Blake gives guitar lessons in his living room.

Blake gives guitar lessons in his living room,

Blake gives guitar lessons in his living room.

"Can you teach me track five Mr. Blake?"

"Hey, I wrote that song and it goes like this!"

Cry tonight. My hands around your hands.

I won't let you die tonight.

Cry tonight. My heart's in your hands.

I won't let you...

Edited by Chickenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The Kinks - Lola

I met her in a club down in North Soho

Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Cherry Cola

C-O-L-A Cola.

She walked up to me and she asked me to dance.

I asked her name and in a dark brown voice she said, "Lola"

L-O-L-A Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy,

But when she squeesed me tight she nearly broke my spine

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Well, I'm not dumb but I can't understand

Why she walks like a woman and talks like a man

Oh my Lola, lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

Well, we drank champagne and danced all night,

Under electric candlelight,

She picked me up and sat me on her knee,

She said, "Little boy won't you come home with me?"

Well, I'm not the world's most passionate guy,

But when I looked in her eyes,

I almost fell for my Lola,

Lo lo lo Lola, lo lo lo Lola

I pushed her away. I walked to the door.

I fell to the floor. I got down on my knees.

I looked at her, and she at me.

Well that's the way that I want it to stay.

I always want it to be that way for my Lola.

Lo lo lo Lola.

Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls.

It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world,

except for Lola. Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola.

Well I left home just a week before,

and I never ever kissed a woman before,

Lola smiled and took me by the hand,

she said, "Little boy, gonna make you a man."

Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,

but I know what I am and that I'm a man,

so is Lola.

Lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo Lola.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

This one's for Lindsay... thanks for everything you've done for me through this ordeal.

Wonderwall by Oasis

Today is gonna be the day

That they're gonna throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you gotta do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

About you now

Backbeat the word is on the street

That the fire in your heart is out

I'm sure you've heard it all before

But you never really had a doubt

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

about you now

And all the roads we have to walk are winding

And all the lights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I would

Like to say to you

But I don't know how

Because maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day

But they'll never throw it back to you

By now you should've somehow

Realized what you're not to do

I don't believe that anybody

Feels the way I do

About you now

And all the roads that lead you there were winding

And all the lights that light the way are blinding

There are many things that I would like to say to you

But I don't know how

I said maybe

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

I said maybe (I said maybe)

You're gonna be the one that saves me

And after all

You're my wonderwall

I said maybe (I said maybe)

You're gonna be the one that saves me (that saves me) 3X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Wonderwall...tis an okay song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

Breaking the Habit

Linkin Park

Memories consume

Like opening the wound

I'm picking me apart again

You all assume

I'm safer in my room

Unless I try to start again

I don't want to be the one

Who battles always choose

Cuz inside I realize

That I'm the one confused

I don't know what's worth fighting for

Or why I have to scream

I don't know why I instigate

And say what I don't mean

I don't know how I got this way

I know it's not alright

So I'm breaking the habit

I'm breaking the habit tonight

Cultured my cure

I tightly lock the door

I try to catch my breath again

I hurt much more

Than anytime before

I have no options left again

I dont want to be the one

Who battles always choose

Cuz inside I realize

That I'm the one confused

I don't know what's worth fighting for

Or why I have to scream

I don't know why I instigate

And say what I don't mean

I don't know how I got this way

I'll never be alright

So, I'm breaking the habit

I'm breaking the habit tonight

I'll paint it on the walls

Cuz I'm the one that falls

I'll never fight again

And this is how it ends

I don't know what's worth fighting for

Or why I have to scream

But now I have some clarity

to show you what I mean

I don't know how I got this way

I'll never be alright

So, I'm breaking the habit

I'm breaking the habit

I'm breaking the habit tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Eh...that's not one of my favorite LP songs. That and Crawling. And a couple others in Hybrid Theory that's name escapes me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

well, i like it, so meh! :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Dedication to the leetest band of em all. A Zeppelin triple header.

Immigrant Song

~Zeppelin

Ah ah

We come from the land of the ice and snow

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

The hammer of the gods

Will drive our ships to new lands

To fight the horde singing and crying:

Valhalla I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar

Our only goal will be the western shore.

Ah ah

We come from the land of the ice and snow

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

How soft your fields so green,

Can whisper tales of gore,

Of how we calmed the tides of war.

We are your overlords.

On we sweep with threshing oar,

Our only goal will be the western shore.

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins,

For peace and trust can win the day

Despite of all your losing.

Rock and Roll

~Zeppelin

It's been a long time since I Rock and Rolled

It's been a long time since I did the Stroll.

Ooh let me get it back let me get it back

Let me get it back baby where I come from.

It's been a long time been a long time

Been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.

Yes it has.

It's been a long time since the book of love

I can't count the tears of a life with no love.

Carry me back carry me back,

Carry me back, baby, where I come from.

It's been a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

Seems so long since we walked in the moonlight,

Making vows that just can't work right.

Open your arms, opens your arms,

Open your arms, baby, let my love come running in.

It's been a long time, been a long time,

Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Heartbreaker

~Zeppelin

Hey fellas have you heard the news?

You know that Annie's back in town?

It won't take long just watch and see

How the fellas lay their money down.

Her style is new but the face is the same

As it was so long ago

But from her eyes a diff'rent smile

Like that of one who knows.

Well it's been ten years and maybe more

Since I first set eyes on you;

The best years of my life gone by

Here I am alone and blue.

Some people cry and some people die

By the wicked ways of love;

But I'll just keep on rollin' along

With the grace of the Lord above.

People talkin' all around 'bout the way you left me flat,

I don't care what the people say, I know where their jive is at.

One thing I do have on my mind, if you can clarify please do,

It's the way you call me by another guy's name when I try to make love to you!

I try to make love but it ain't no use.

Give it to me, give it!

(Guitar solo)

Work so hard I couldn't unwind,

Get some money saved;

Abuse my love a thousand times,

However hard I tried.

Heartbreaker, your time has come,

Can't take your evil way;

Go away,

Heartbreaker.

Heartbreaker!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

There Goes My Life

Kenny Chesney

All he could think about was I'm too young for this.

Got my whole life ahead.

Hell I'm just a kid myself.

How'm I gonna raise one.

All he could see were his dreams goin' up in smoke.

So much for ditchin' this town and hangin' out on the coast.

Oh well, those plans are long gone.

And he said,

There goes my life.

There goes my future, my everything.

Might as well kiss it all good-bye.

There goes my life.......

A couple years of up all night and a few thousand diapers later.

That mistake he thought he made covers up the refrigerator.

Oh yeah..........he loves that little girl.

Momma's waiting to tuck her in,

As she fumbles up those stairs.

She smiles back at him dragging that teddy bear.

Sleep tight, blue eyes and bouncin' curls.

He smiles.....

There goes my life.

There goes my future, my everything.

I love you, daddy good-night.

There goes my life.

She had that Honda loaded down.

With Abercrombie clothes and 15 pairs of shoes and his American Express.

He checked the oil and slammed the hood, said you're good to go.

She hugged them both and headed off to the West Coast.

And he cried,

There goes my life.

There goes my future, my everything.

I love you.

Baby good-bye.

There goes my life.

There goes my life.

Baby good-bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

And now the Best of all Led Zeppelin songs! The great one itself...

Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven

From the album "Led Zeppelin IV"

There's a lady who's sure

All that glitters is gold

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

When she gets there she knows

If the stores are all closed

With a word she can get what she came for.

Ooh ooh and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall

But she wants to be sure

'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.

In a tree by the brook

There's a songbird who sings,

Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it makes me wonder.

There's a feeling I get

When I look to the west,

And my spirit is crying for leaving.

In my thoughts I have seen

Rings of smoke through the trees,

And the voices of those who standing looking.

Ooh, it makes me wonder,

Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune

Then the piper will lead us to reason.

And a new day will dawn

For those who stand long

And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, Don't be alarmed now,

It's just a spring clean for the May queen.

Yes, there are two paths you can go by

But in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on.

And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go

In case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,

Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow,

And did you know

Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

*awesome guitar solo. THe best ever*

And as we wind on down the road

Our shadows taller than our soul.

There walks a lady we all know

Who shines white light and wants to show

How ev'rything still turns to gold.

And if you listen very hard

The tune will come to you at last.

When all are one and one is all

To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

And now for more!

Moby Dick

~Zeppelin

[insert amazing 30 minute long live Bonham drum solo]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

And now twenty five minute versions of Whole Lotta Love and Dazed and Confused

WHOLE LOTTA LOVE

Led Zeppelin

You need coolin',

Baby I'm not foolin'.

I'm gonna send ya,

Back to schoolin'.

A-way down inside,

A-honey you need it.

I'm gonna give you my love,

I'm gonna give you my love. Ohh.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

You've been learnin',

Um baby I been learnin'.

All them good times baby, baby

I've been year-yearnin'-ah.

A-way, way down inside.

A-honey you need-ah.

I'm gonna give you my love ahh,

I'm gonna give you my love ahh oh!

Whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

I don't want-ah.

( ? )

Ahh, ahh.

Ahh, ahh, ahh.

Ah-ah, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh,

ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh,

ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh,

ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh,

ahh, ahh, ah! No, no, no, no.

Ah.

Lo__rd!!!

Lo-ooh~whoah~ooh-whoah

~ooh-whoah~ooh-whoah!

You've been coolin',

An' baby I've been droolin'.

All the good times, baby

I've been misusin'.

A-way, way down inside,

I'm gonna give ya my love,

I'm gonna give ya every inch of my love,

I'm gonna give ya my love.

Hey!

Alright! Let's go!

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Wanna whole lotta love.

Way down

Way down inside,

own inside,

Woman

Woman you

you need it.

eed.

Lo__rd!!!

My, my, my, my.

My, my, my, my. Whoah!

Shake for me girl.

I wanna be your backdoor man.

Hey, oh. Hey, oh. Hey, oh.

Oooh~ahh__ oh, oh, oh, oh.

Ooh my, my babe.

Keep it coolin' baby.

A-keep it coolin' baby. baby.

A-keep it coolin' baby. babe.

Ah-keep it coolin' baby.

Ahh, ahhh-hahhh~oh~ooh~whoah.

-----------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin - Dazed And Confused

From the album "Led Zeppelin I"

Been Dazed and Confused for so long it's not true

Wanted a woman never bargained for you.

Lots of people talk and few of them know

Soul of a woman was created below. Yeah!

You hurt and abused tellin' all of your lies

Run around sweet baby Lord how they hypnotize.

Sweet little baby I don't know where you've been

Gonna love you baby here I come again.

Every day I work so hard

Bringin' home my hard earned pay

Try to love you baby, but you push me away.

Don't know where you're goin'

Only know just where you've been,

Sweet little baby, I want you again.

Been dazed and confused for so long, it's not true,

Wanted a woman, never bargained for you.

Take it easy baby, let them say what they will.

Will your tongue wag so much when I send you the bill

*passes out after standing onstage for 46 minutes*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Kashmir

~Zeppelin

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face

And stars fill my dream

I'm a traveller of both time and space

To be where I have been

To sit with elders of the gentle race

This world has seldom seen

They talk of days for which they sit and wait

All will be revealed

Talk in song from tongues of lilting grace

Sounds caress my ear

And not a word I heard could I relate

The story was quite clear

Ooh, baby, I been blind

Oh, yeah, mama, there ain't no denyin'

Oh, ooh yes, I been blind

Mama, mama, ain't no denyin', no denyin'

All I see turns to brown

As the sun burns the ground

And my eyes fill with sand

As I scan this razor line

Can I find, can I find where I've been

Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace

Like sorts inside a dream

Leave the path the led me to that place

Yellow desert stream

Like Shangri-la beneath the summer moon

I will return again

As the dust that floats finds you

Will move and search Kashmir

Oh, father of the four winds fill my sails

Cross the sea of years

With no provision but an open face

Along the straits of fear

Oh, when I want, when I'm on my way, yeah

And my feet wear my fickle way to stay

Ooh, yeah yeah, ooh, yeah yeah, but I'm down Ooh, yeah yeah, ooh, yeah yeah, but I'm down, so down

Ooh, my baby, oh, my baby

Let me take you there

Come on, oh let me take you there

Let me take you there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

The best part of Kashmir is definitely the music, but the words are cool.

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog

From the album "Led Zeppelin IV"

Hey, hey mama said the way you move,

Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove.

Ah-ahh child way ya shake that thing,

Gon' make you burn, gon' make you sting.

Hey, hey baby when you walk that way,

Watch your honey drip, I can't keep away.

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, ah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, hah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah ah, ah, hah~ah.

I gotta roll I can't stand still,

Got a flamin' heart can't get my fill.

With eyes that shine, burnin' red,

Dreams of you all through my head.

Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ah-ah.

Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ahhh.

Hey baby, whoah my baby, my pretty baby.

Darlin' makes 'em do it now.

Hey baby, oh my baby, my pretty baby.

Move the way you're doin' now.

Didn't take too long 'fore I found out

What people mean by down and out.

Spent my money, took my car,

Started tellin' her friends she gon' be a star.

I don't know but I been told

A big legged woman ain't got no soul.

Oh yeah, oh yeah hah, ah, hah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah hah, ah, hah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah hah, ah, hah~ah.

Oh yeah, oh yeah hah, ah, yeah.

All I ask for all I pray,

Steady rollin' woman gon' come my way.

Need a woman gonna hold my hand,

Won't tell me no lies, make me a happy man.

Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ah-ah.

Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ah-ah. Ahhh__.

Ohhh ye-ah.

Darlin' makes 'em do it now.

Yeah-yeah. Yeah-yeah. Yeah-yeah.

Darlin' makes 'em do it now.

Babe! Babe!

Wooh, keep doin' it babe.

Hey.

Hey.

Hey.

Hey.

Hey~yeah.

Hey~yeah.

Hey~yeah. Oooh~yeah.

Oooh~ahh.

Darlin' makes 'em do it now.

Darlin' makes 'em do it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Yeah. Go Kashmir go.

The Battle of Evermore

~Zeppelin

Queen of Light took her bow

And then she turned to go,

The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom

And walked the night alone.

Oh, dance in the dark of night,

Sing to the morn - ing light.

The dark Lord rides in force tonight

And time will tell us all.

Oh, throw down your plow and hoe,

Rest not to lock your homes.

Side by side we wait the might

Of the darkest of them all.

I hear the horses' thunder

Down in the valley blow,

I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon,

Waiting for the eastern glow.

The apples of the valley hold,

The seas of happiness,

The ground is rich from tender care,

Repay, do not forget, no, no.

Oh,-------dance in the dark of night,

sing to the morning light.

The apples turn to brown and black, The tyrant's face is red.

Oh the war is common cry, Pick up you swords and fly.

The sky is filled with good and bad

That mortals never know.

Oh, well, the night is long, The beads of time pass slow,

Tired eyes on the sunrise, Waiting for the eastern glow.

The pain of war cannot exceed

The woe of aftermath,

The drums will shake the castle wall,

The ring wraiths ride in black, Ride on.

Sing as you raise your bow,

Shoot straighter than before.

No comfort has the fire at night

That lights the face so cold.

Oh dance in the dark of night,

Sing to the mornin' light.

The magic runes are writ in gold

To bring the balance back, Bring it back.

At last the sun is shining, The clouds of blue roll by,

With flames from the dragon of darkness

The sunlight blinds his eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Kashmir r0xx0rs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

W00t!! Zeppelin rocks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Everyone must bow down to the Led Zeppelin-ness

Led Zeppelin - What Is And What Should Never Be

From the album "Led Zeppelin II"

And if I say to you tomorrow

Take my hand child come with me.

It's to a castle I will take you

Where what's to be they say will be.

Catch the wind see us spin

Sail away leave today

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow

You really shouldn't go

It only goes to show

That you will be mine

By takin' our time. Ooh!

And if you say to me tomorrow

Oh what fun it all would be,

Then what's to stop us, pretty baby,

But What Is And What Should Never Be.

Catch the wind see us spin

Sail away leave today

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow

You really shouldn't go

It only goes to show

That you will be mine

By takin' our time. Ooh!

So if you wake up with the sunrise,

And all your dreams are still as new,

And happiness is what you need so bad,

Girl, the answer lies with you, yeah.

Catch the wind see us spin

Sail away leave today

Way up high in the sky.

But the wind won't blow

You really shouldn't go

It only goes to show

That you will be mine

By takin' our time. Ooh!

Hey, oh

Oh the wind wont blow and we really shouldn't go

and it only goes to show-ow-ow.

Catch the wind, we're gonna see it spin

we're gonna...sail, little girl

do do do, bop bop a do-oh

my my my my my my yeah

Everybody I know seems to know me well

but does anybody know I'm gonna move like hell

------------------------------------------------------------

Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

From the album "Led Zeppelin II"

Leaves are falling all around

It's time I was on my way.

Thanks to you I'm much obliged

For such a pleasant stay.

But now it's time for me to go

The autumn moon lights my way.

For now I smell the rain

And with it pain

And it's headed my way.

Ah sometimes I grow so tired

But I know I've got one thing I got to do

Ramble On

And now's the time the time is now

To sing my song.

I'm goin' 'round the world,

I got to find my girl, on my way.

I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,

Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Got no time to for spreadin' roots,

The time has come to be gone.

And tho' our health we drank a thousand times,

It's time to Ramble On.

Ramble On

And now's the time the time is now

To sing my song.

I'm goin' 'round the world,

I got to find my girl, on my way.

I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,

Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

I ain't tellin' no lie.

Mine's a tale that can't be told,

My freedom I hold dear;

How years ago in days of old

When magic filled the air,

T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor

I met a girl so fair,

But Gollum, and the evil one crept up

And slipped away with her.

Her, her....yea.

Ain't nothing I can do, no.

Ramble On

And now's the time the time is now

To sing my song.

I'm goin' 'round the world,

I got to find my girl, on my way.

I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On,

Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Gonna ramble on, sing my song

Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby...

Gonna work my way, round the world

I can't stop this feelin' in my heart

Gotta keep searchin' for my baby

I can't find my bluebird!

I'd listen to my bluebird sing but I can't find my blue bird

A-keep-a ramblin' baby

*the funny thing about this is the place that I got these lyrics from had people arguing if this song had references to LOTR*

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Communication Breakdown

~Zeppelin

Hey girl stop what you're doin'!

Hey girl you'll drive me to ruin.

I don't know what it is that I like about you

But I like it a lot.

Won't let me hold you

Let me feel your lovin' charms.

Communication Breakdown

It's always the same

I'm having a nervous breakdown

Drive me insane!

Hey girl I got something I think you ought to know.

Hey babe I wanna tell you that I love you so.

I wanna hold you in my arms, yeah!

I'm never gonna let you go,

'Cause I like your charms.

Communication Breakdown

It's always the same

I'm having a nervous breakdown

Drive me insane!

Communication Breakdown

It's always the same

I'm having a nervous breakdown

Drive me insane!

(Communication Breakdown) I want you to love me all night...

(Communication Breakdown) I want you to love me all night

(Communication Breakdown) I want you to love me

(Communication Breakdown) I want you to love...yeah! I want you to love!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Ok, one more Zep song before I break the trend

Led Zeppelin - When The Levee Breaks

From the album "Led Zeppelin IV"

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay.

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan

Lord mean old levee taught me to weep and moan

Got what it takes to make a mountain man leave his home

Oh well oh well oh well.

Don't it make you feel bad

When you're tryin' to find your way home

You don't know which way to go?

If you're goin' down South

They go no work to do,

If you don't know about Chicago.

Aah, aah, aah.

Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

Now, cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good,

When the levee breaks, mama, you got to move.

All last night sat on the levee and moaned,

All last night sat on the levee and moaned,

Thinkin' 'bout me baby and my happy home.

Going, go'n' to Chicago,

Go'n' to Chicago,

Sorry but I can't take you.

Going down, going down now, going down.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - Watching The Detectives

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "My Aim Is True"

Nice girls, not one with a defect

Cellophane shrink-wrapped, so correct

Red dogs under illegal legs

She looks so good that he gets down and begs

She is watching the detectives

"Ooh, he's so cute"

She is watching the detectives

When they shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot

They beat him up until the teardrops start

But he can't be wounded 'cause he's got no heart

Long shot at that jumping sign

Invisible shivers running down my spine

Cut to baby taking off her clothes

Close-up of the sign that says "We never close"

He snatches at you and you match his cigarette

She pulls the eyes out with a face like a magnet

I don't know how much more of this I can take

She's filing her nails while they're dragging the lake

She is watching the detectives

"Ooh, he's so cute"

She is watching the detectives

When they shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot

They beat him up until the teardrops start

But he can't be wounded 'cause he's got no heart

You think you're alone until you realize you're in it

Now fear is here to stay, love is here for a visit

They call it instant justice when it's past the legal limit

Someone's scratching at the window, I wonder who is it?

The detectives come to check if you belong to the parents

Who are ready to hear the worst about their daughter's disappearance

Though it nearly took a miracle to get you to stay

It only took my little fingers to blow you away

Just like watching the detectives

Don't get cute

It's just like watching the detectives

I get so angry when the teardrops start

But he can't be wounded 'cause he's got no heart

Watching the detectives

It's just like watching the detectives

Watching the detectives

Watching the detectives

*fade*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.