Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Princess

I've always been like that. Only I never do get hungry. I just start getting ill, like because my sugar is bottoming out, and someone usually has to yell at me to go eat something. The conversation goes as follows.

me: I feel like crap!

person: How long since you last ate?

me: I dunno...like 12 hours-ish?

person: Shut up and go eat, stupid!

me: Oh. yeah.

:p

Sounds like something that I'd do.

Yay, I have new pain meds that are helping again

Uncle Du

What'd you get now?

Princess

Ultram 50 and flexeril. It seems to be working right now. I think I just needed a change from the vicodin because the pain was getting worse earlier today

Ana

Three cheers for meds that work!

Drake

Hip hip hooray!

Glad you got some sleep! :D

Princess

Hip hip hooray!!!

Andy

I think the little twitch on the inside of my elbow is going to drive me insaner...

It's like it is waiting for me to turn away so it can start twitching while I'm not looking! Except for the times it twitches while I am looking!!

3 hours straight the other day it went for... And it's been going on for like half an hour at a time every hour or two since yesterday afternoon. :(

But aside from that I've been okay, apart from general aches and pains and other weirdness. So yeah, not really that okay. :p

My body has gone on strike I think. Didn't think I'd treated it that badly. lol

Still waiting to get a date for my Nerve Conduction Study too. It better not be on my birthday. That would suck...

Edited by Andy

Princess

Bad furday

Now Prinny will be pain free! :D

Radioactive Isotope

so did that fix it? or will it come back?

Princess

It should be fixed, however there's a chance that the ovary will reattach to the colon :/

Bad furday

Later, that ovary was given a restraining order :p ;)

Princess

Fuuuuuuuuuurdaaaaaaaaay!

They don't think that's what was causing the pain, that the hernia was the culprit there. And actually, for a couple of years now, my left ovary does not like to show up on ultrasound and now we know why

Ana

I'm glad they found the problem! Three cheers for laparoscopy, too. Imagine how long you'd take to heal the old-fashioned way.

Ender

Mmm, I just love post-op recovery. Least fun time of my whole life. Glad you've got the problem fixed though, Prin!

Princess

I'm glad they found the problem! Three cheers for laparoscopy, too. Imagine how long you'd take to heal the old-fashioned way.

But then I would have gotten the entire summer off of work :p

Princess

Well, my belly button is itching like mad which means that I'm healing well there

Princess

*sigh* So I have to call the surgeon tomorrow because I don't think I've really overdone it but I have a lot of pressure where they did the repair. Plus all weekend my throat was irritated from being intubated during surgery and now I still have these evil coughing fits that won't stop. I'm going through liquids and popsicles like mad just to stop from coughing because it hurts to cough.

Princess

And off to the doctor again :???:

Drake

Fail. Quadruple post.

I mean...good luck! :p

Uncle Du

Sheesh. Hurry up and get better! ;)

Princess

Well, according to the doctor, I'm healing well and there was nothing normal about my case, so if this pressure keeps up then I'll need a CT to see if fluid is building up and needs to be drained but to give it a week or two. And if I can go back to work with lifting restrictions then I can return to work next week, otherwise I'm off for a few more weeks

Uncle Du

There was nothing normal about your case?! ;)

Princess

No, because the type of hernia that I had was so rare. He said it probably would have started causing some major problems if something hadn't been done when it was

James the Defender

Wow...I'm glad they found the problem, Prin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.