Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Princess

Yup, my kidney function is to die for according to the doctor that admitted me. And I've been informed that I need to be vomiting blood to see House. :p Pretty much everyone is telling me that I'll need surgery now to be diagnosed. But my boss is being nice and telling me to take all the time that I need to get well which is good because I don't think that I can work our instruments on vicodin, which isn't really working anyways

Radioactive Isotope

here's hoping they figure it out soon.

ugh, i'm so sick of rain. and the hot, miserable, steamyness that comes after the rain. i finally got around to staining my nightstand over the weekend, but now i might have to postpone putting the finish on because of the rain. *sniffcry*

Princess

Well, I have 2 doctor's appointments tomorrow, one with my PCP at 9am and another one with the GYN at 4pm

James the Defender

So I go to the ER on Sat. night b/c I've been taking way too much Motrin and I'd been having black stool and I was severely nauseated. So, they take a stool wipe, that came up clean. Blood tests were good, x-rays and EKG for chest pain were good.

They wanted to examine my stomach for blood. So they try to shove a tube up my nose to get to my stomach, which I can understand b/c the nasal cavity leads to the throat. I'd forgotten that my nose is extraordinarily sensitive. My left nostril began to bleed immediately and I was in intense pain. The right side they numbed and got the tube down my throat some but I couldn't breathe or swallow. I refused it at that point and commenced sobbing into Caity's shoulder. It was so traumatic and so painful!

Yesterday all the RNs around me said, "Why didn't they go through your mouth?!" I said, "Hey, it's [the name of the hospital;] what do you expect?"

So, they diagnosed me with gastritis and told me to stop the Motrin and put me on Prilosec and gave me some vicodin, which I'm reticent to take.

So, yeah, fun stuff! The things I do to my body!

Princess

Oooh you can join the vicodin junkies group with me! Sounds like you've got a GI bleed to me, if you start feeling weak, go back to the hospital stat

Andy

Is everyone ill at the moment? lol

Doctors appointment tomorrow for me... Yay.

James the Defender

Oooh you can join the vicodin junkies group with me! Sounds like you've got a GI bleed to me, if you start feeling weak, go back to the hospital stat

My stool has been clear since before the hospital visit, but I'm keeping tabs on myself.

Princess

Apparently. And James, remember, do not take Tyelenol while on Vicodin. They both have acetomenophen in them and you'll end up OD'ing

Bad furday

I was really worried before the wedding that everyone in my family would give me something, as they were starting to get sick. I had to treat them all as potential carriers, and commenced a rigorous ritual of hand washing with soap, etc, etc....

I wasn't sick :D

I'm not sick now either :D ;)

Uncle Du

My goodness, my few days of stomach bug isn't crap compared to you all!!

I hope everyone gets well soon, so we can consume copious amounts of alcohol together at some point. :D

Andy

Nerve Conduction Study here I come! Wooooo! *grumbles*

At least I'll be able to get a day off work for it lol

James the Defender

Apparently. And James, remember, do not take Tyelenol while on Vicodin. They both have acetomenophen in them and you'll end up OD'ing

I'm not taking the vicodin unless I'm in extreme pain. I'm not taking any painkiller right now. I'm too scared, lol

Princess

Why are you scared? Being in pain all the time is not good for you. It does bad things to your blood pressure

Uncle Du

Dude, take the painkillers, for real. It'll help.

Ana

Wow, it's not just me.

I was officially diagnosed yesterday with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Which I was pretty sure of already, because really, I'm not sleeping twelve to sixteen hours a day just for the heck of it. But now it's official, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll be able to work around this, and even the thought of going back to school in this state sends me into borderline-panic attack territory. Awesome.

Dear Summer,

On the behalf of myself and everyone else here at GB, I would like to strongly protest you. We're all sick and in pain. You're kinda sucking. WE DEMAND A DO-OVER.

James, take the painkillers. Vicodin's nothing to be scared of. Contrary to Prinny's insinuations, you don't immediately turn into Dr. House on them.

Drake

I'm not sick.

:p

Mara

Me either. :p

Ender

I feel quite nice, myself.

Princess

Wow, it's not just me.

I was officially diagnosed yesterday with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Which I was pretty sure of already, because really, I'm not sleeping twelve to sixteen hours a day just for the heck of it. But now it's official, and I'm trying to figure out how I'll be able to work around this, and even the thought of going back to school in this state sends me into borderline-panic attack territory. Awesome.

Dear Summer,

On the behalf of myself and everyone else here at GB, I would like to strongly protest you. We're all sick and in pain. You're kinda sucking. WE DEMAND A DO-OVER.

James, take the painkillers. Vicodin's nothing to be scared of. Contrary to Prinny's insinuations, you don't immediately turn into Dr. House on them.

*agrees with Ana's letter* And no, you don't turn into House immediately, I just like making House jokes.

And on that note, someone figure out what the hell is wrong with me! My GYN can't find anything wrong GYN speaking so now I'm stuck waiting for an appointment for a general surgeon because my GYN won't take me to surgery without a general surgeon in case there's something more serious wrong with me that he can't fix.

Andy

YOU WILL BE. *plots*

Aww, I think that's what we call ME over here... Kinda sucks whatever it's called really, but at least you have a diagnosis for sure and can start planning around it.

Uncle Du

This summer can go F itself.

Winter come back!

Edited by Du

Bad furday

*James Brown cackle-sing*

I feeeeeel nice! Sugar and spice! :D :p

Princess

*growls* Apparently the general surgeon can't be arsed to "work me in" to the schedule until next Thursday just for an office appointment. I can't live like this in constant pain for another week. I just can't!

Drake

Self-induced coma time?

Edit: Also...KEEP YOUR MEDICAL BUSINESS IN THIS HERE NEW THREAD!!

Edited by Drake

Princess

I'm about ready to see how well vicodin and alcohol mix

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.