Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

Ender

But regular Corona tastes like cat pee anyway.

Andy

That's what the lime is to hide. ;)

James the Defender

Yuengling is the best lager. (has to be in bottle, though) When choosing a Western European lager, remember: the more is smells like skunk, the better it is...seriously...

Corona needs lime...even then...horrible first beer to try...light...blech...

Miller Lite is probably your best choice for light beer and a good first beer. MGD 64 is as light as it gets, but it has a great, malty taste and finish.

On the ale side: Pale Ales are good, an XPA (Extra Pale Ale) is the American version of a pale ale and is lighter than a normal pale ale. IPAs (India Pale Ales) are fruity on taste and very bitter on finish. They're heavy on the hops..very heavy. The British had to hop it that heavily to preserve the pale ale for its trip to India when they held the country in the 19th C.

I love IPAs. Dogfish Head in Delaware makes a fantastic IPA, but you won't be able to get those if you fon't live that close to Delaware, lol

Uncle Du

Bah, you guys dunno what you're talking about. Corona is great for sittin' on the beach, gettin' wasted away in the sun. :p

Andy

I'm in the UK, we don't have sun. :p

Uncle Du

If you're ever on a beach in the Caribbean then that's when you have to drink one then. :p

Ender

Yeah, Dogfish Head is brilliant, there's a microbrewery in Cleveland called Great Lakes that makes a couple really good IPA's too, they're not hard to find in Ohio and points east.

Mara

If you're ever on a beach in the Caribbean then that's when you have to drink one then. :p

And you need to play some Kenny Chesney. :p

Uncle Du

Never Wanted Nothin' More. ;)

TheUnknown

Umm. How do you know what cat pee tastes like? Enquiring minds want to know. :p

That's what the lime is to hide.

They gave me a lime. I tried it without the lime first, realized it was horrible, and then put the lime juice in. Other than the first few sips, I didn't notice any change. It still blew.

Yuengling is the best lager.

I've heard it's pretty good. I know several people that like it. And it gets good ratings on Beeradvocate.com

Dogfish Head

Second person today that's mentioned that beer being good.

Anyways, I'm going to at least try Newcastle Brown Ale, Yuengling, multiple Sam Adams varieties (Octoberfest, Boston Lager, Boston Ale, etc.), and a local brew here in the Atlanta area called Sweet_water (there's no space, the filter is tripping), which I hear is good.

Edited by TheUnknown

Uncle Du

I did think about my first experience with beer in general, and I recall that I was not a fan right away. Prolly why I drank nothing but liquor for a while. But then I was introduced to more quality beer, and that's when I became a fanatic. ;)

James the Defender

I drank Miller High Life at first...but now I have a much more broad and, uh, refined taste. I still drink Miller MGD, but High Life is disgusting now, to me...

Radioactive Isotope

i'm curious how you came by this information, Ender.

Ender

Umm. How do you know what cat pee tastes like? Enquiring minds want to know. :p

i'm curious how you came by this information, Ender.

Hey, I've had quite a few nights out where senses have been battered far beyond dullness. It's not a complaint, just means I've got more of a life than you! /cockneyaccent So lay arf!

:p

TheUnknown

So, your "life" leads you to drink cat piss? You may look like a Beattle or a member of Oasis, but you're sounding like Ozzy Osbourne. :p

Edited by TheUnknown

Ender

You wouldn't understand, being a non-drinker. :p

Drake

You still haven't denied drinking cat urine. :p

Uncle Du

:rofl:

Bad furday

I heard that one time, at one of Ender's perfomances, a pigeon flew infront of his speakers and disintegrated! :p

Uncle Du

That's the power of rock. ;)

TheUnknown

Well, I tried Sam Adams Octoberfest last night. Better than Corona Light (I finished it!), but still too bitter.

Bad furday

*wanders in* Oohhh...blue and green....being all environmental, eh? ;) :p

Andy

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get back to a more environment-destroying theme soon enough. ;)

Uncle Du

Well, I tried Sam Adams Octoberfest last night. Better than Corona Light (I finished it!), but still too bitter.

Try that Summer Ale they make, I think you may like that. The Fall themed beers are generally more bitter. Apparently that's what brewers think of when they think Fall. :p

You could always find some pumpkin ale too.

Chickenman

Almost had my first beer with my dad the other night, but then just didn't feel like it. I replied that there was no opportunity for ensuing hijinks. He replied that your first beer should be like your first time having sex: It should be in a controlled situation, not in the back of your car with your friends. Then he looked at the floor as though he'd unwittingly exposed a terrible secret.

Best dad ever.