Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

TheUnknown

Quick! Someone find a link to post on his boards talking about bars, Jack Daniels, Sam Adams, beer, alcohol, etc. Surely, he has something.

Edited by TheUnknown

Uncle Du

Does the site have a good search feature? :p

TheUnknown

Oh, when posting said link, make sure it's in the wrong forum.

Uncle Du

:rofl:

The last time I tried to go to it, it said that the site had been temporarily shut down due to a user agreement violation. :p

Radioactive Isotope

*snerk*

TheUnknown

I'm being stalked across the Internet by a U.S. Senate candidate.

Andy

In a good or bad way?

TheUnknown

Slightly bad.

Here's the story: I have website (http://2010garacetracker.wetpaint.com/) that keeps up with the elections here in Georgia in 2010. I also frequent the political blogs for discussion. One blog mentioned him and said he was planning to spend most of his time campaigning in rural Georgia, to which I replied he was going to lose because he was ignoring the areas where most Georgians live, most Georgia voters live, and where the people who would consider voting for him live.

I got to another political blog and post that we (Georgia Democrats) have a candidate and say he's "decidedly not top tier but better than nothing." He then replies that that should be his slogan.

Then, he follows me to my site and sends me a message.

It's not as creepy or funny as it sounds, but everywhere it happens, he's always ranting about money and insiders keeping him out the race ("I'm not the type of candidate who's supposed to be running.")

Mara

Crazy.

Uncle Du

Whoa, that's crazy!

(maybe he wants to hire you) ;)

James the Defender

After returning unwanted stuff to Bed, Bath, and Beyond from our reception, we had plenty of money on store credit. Caity let me buy a set of four beer glasses: Wheat, Pilsner, Ale, and Stout. Currently, I'm drinking a stout.

Hehe, I love my glasses, and my wife......

.....not necessarily in that order :p

Uncle Du

Your secret's safe here. ;)

Princess

Here's a toast to Ezri, who managed to get banned over at SW.com too... *drinks*

• Upvote 1

Uncle Du

Cheers!

I think every now and then, we should check in and see how his website is doing. ;)

Bad furday

Haha!

And do look into that, Unknown. With your college field, and politics being a great interest of yours, this could be a benefit/internship if he hired you. :)

Chickenman

Hopefully he doesn't follow you to this site though. :p

Uncle Du

That would be even more weird if he was a SW fan. :p

TheUnknown

LOL. I mentioned on Swing State Project (a political blog that focuses heavily on elections more than policy discussions. Liberal bent, but there are Republicans there) that Hadley had filed with the Federal Elections Commission (a step needed for candidates to raise money). Someone replied to my post talking about the dearth of info on the guy. Hadley then replies to that post with another typical post, which included this:

I'm just a regular guy who wants to represent his state in DC. For now, I'll pass on putting up the same old campaign website with the information that everyone disregards. People are hurting and it's time to stop playing games. The corporations and special interests can take care of themselves.

He's not going to have a website? He's going to campaign in an area of the state that is decreasing in population (either literally or in proportion to the Atlanta area) and won't vote for a Democrat period and certainly not a black Democrat from said Atlanta area instead of campaigning in the area of the state where the voters live, especially voters that would consider voting Democratic? Huh?

I've also noticed that he never mentions any real solutions or stances. Healthcare? Education? Foreign policy? Hell, tell me what you're going to do about the problem of money in politics, other than hamstringing yourself by not having a website.

And do look into that, Unknown. With your college field, and politics being a great interest of yours, this could be a benefit/internship if he hired you.

It might end up being like that episode of Family Guy where Brian works for Stewie, and I'm having to give a presentation to the guy in a disguise.

That would be even more weird if he was a SW fan.

"Today, I am lauching my campaign for Supreme Chancellor. However, I will not campaign on Coruscant and Alderaan and Corellia but on Tattooine and Rhen Var and Belkadan. I also will not launch the same old HoloNet site. The Trade Federation and the Commerce Guild can fend for themselves."

Edited by TheUnknown

Uncle Du

LOL. I mentioned on Swing State Project (a political blog that focuses heavily on elections more than policy discussions. Liberal bent, but there are Republicans there) that Hadley had filed with the Federal Elections Commission (a step needed for candidates to raise money). Someone replied to my post talking about the dearth of info on the guy. Hadley then replies to that post with another typical post, which included this:

I'm just a regular guy who wants to represent his state in DC. For now, I'll pass on putting up the same old campaign website with the information that everyone disregards. People are hurting and it's time to stop playing games. The corporations and special interests can take care of themselves.

"Today, I am lauching my campaign for Supreme Chancellor. However, I will not campaign on Coruscant and Alderaan and Corellia but on Tattooine and Rhen Var and Belkadan. I also will not launch the same old HoloNet site. The Trade Federation and the Commerce Guild can fend for themselves."

Well, he's gonna have that rural vote all hemmed up! :p

James the Defender

We made a drink last night. It's 4 1/2 parts Sprite, 1 part Peach Schnapps, and 1/2 part Butter Shots. We call it Galactic Guzzler :D

I also enjoyed my Sangria laden peaches:D

Uncle Du

Sounds good!

Bad furday

Well, he's gonna have that rural vote all hemmed up! :p

That Tatooine vote will really swing things for him. I mean, he'll get that elusive Sandpeople vote! And if he appeals to the Hutts, the financial backing of the mob/galactic crime/trade syndicate! :p :D

Chickenman

(Guess who doesn't have mod privileges on the iPhone?)

Edited by Chickenman

Chickenman

I am sick of politicians in the pocket of organized crime like the Hutts.

What we need is a Coruscant outsider.

Andy

(Guess who doesn't have mod privileges on the iPhone?)

Serves you right for trying to show off. :p