Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

The Blue Harvest Cantina

James the Defender

I do have to say I think that it's weird that you're not allowed to pump your own gas in Jersey.

And we still have the lowest gas prices in the nation. But it's nice not having to do it in the elements. In the cold, rain, snow, blazing heat, hail, tornadoes, CAT 5 hurricanes, etc...

They get paid to do it, but I don't.

And I hate the fact that when I go out of state I have to put in an EXACT amount of money. I can't just say, "Fill it regular: cash, please."

Ana

I hate having my gas pumped for me. Makes me feel like I'm some helpless lump. Also, heck if I'm handing over my credit card to random dudes at gas stations. I always make a point to fill up right before hitting the Oregon border, and can make it through to Washington on that tank, so I don't have to deal.

Oregon also does not give cold meds without a prescription. When my sister lived in Salem, I ended up mailing her NyQuil. I mean, come on, it's a freaking cold, and in this economy who can afford to see a doctor just for a scrip to get NyQuil for a bloody cold? My overall impression of Oregon is that it doesn't trust people at all. They want to treat you like a toddler on a leash.

Mara

Oregon is also filled with hippies and eco-freaks.

James the Defender

I hate having my gas pumped for me. Makes me feel like I'm some helpless lump. Also, heck if I'm handing over my credit card to random dudes at gas stations.

Use cash :p

Uncle Du

I always liked going to the Jersey shore when I was a kid cause my Dad would let me pay the attendant. ;)

At the gas station. :p

Edited by Du

Andy

Here when you pay by card you don't give anyone your card... You just put it in the machine yourself... There is no reason for the cashier to even touch it. :p

Ender

That's the way it is most places here, but some of my favorite pizza places and stuff around have the swipe behind the counter.

Uncle Du

There's still a lotta places around here where you have to hand your card over to the cashier.

James the Defender

Where I work, one can do either.

Uncle Du

Well, WaWa is pretty much the most awesome place on the face of the Earth. I miss having one around! :cry:

James the Defender

Now, my wife works for one of our lesser competitors, lol

Ender

So, the one-week update on the Alfa... it was greeted by the owner of my favorite Italian place, Rossini's, with an enormous hug and several muttered, incredulous curses, followed by free wine, which was an epic win. Only issue I can find with it is that the turn indicators don't make the usual clicking noise, which I very much appreciate, but it's taking some getting used to. Also, my Metro card has been gathering dust on the counter because I've been driving it so much.

Uncle Du

AM PM?

Sheetz? lol

So, the one-week update on the Alfa... it was greeted by the owner of my favorite Italian place, Rossini's, with an enormous hug and several muttered, incredulous curses, followed by free wine, which was an epic win. Only issue I can find with it is that the turn indicators don't make the usual clicking noise, which I very much appreciate, but it's taking some getting used to. Also, my Metro card has been gathering dust on the counter because I've been driving it so much.

Free wine FTW!!

James the Defender

AM PM?

Sheetz? lol

Nah. Sheetz is more of a central/western Pennsy thing, lol. We have a very South Jersey store called Heritage's. They're inferior in every aspect except their breakfast sandwiches. They're made with real egg cracked fresh on the spot before making..oh, incredible, lol

Uncle Du

Haha, sounds delicious! So wait, I thought WaWa used fresh eggs too...

And yea, we have Sheetz here. It's OK, but it's no WaWa. The cool thing is here, they're competing with Subway, so you can get 4 dollar foot longs at Sheetz, lol.

Radioactive Isotope

*collapses in booth*

ugh. need sleep.

James the Defender

Haha, sounds delicious! So wait, I thought WaWa used fresh eggs too...

And yea, we have Sheetz here. It's OK, but it's no WaWa. The cool thing is here, they're competing with Subway, so you can get 4 dollar foot longs at Sheetz, lol.

Our eggs are fresh...before they form them into patties and freeze them to ship them to us...

Subway is our main sandwich competitor. Dunkin' Donuts our main coffee competitor. McDonald's is our main breakfast sandwich competitor, and our main fuel competitor is Sonoco.

Uncle Du

I swear I've seen a dude at a WaWa in Virginia preparing fresh eggs. Well, I guess you would know better. ;)

WaWa has better sandwiches than anyone out there. Screw subway!! :p

Mara

I loves Subway! :p

James the Defender

I swear I've seen a dude at a WaWa in Virginia preparing fresh eggs. Well, I guess you would know better. ;)

WaWa has better sandwiches than anyone out there. Screw subway!! :p

I agree! When you ask for a footlong at Subway you get three HALF pieces of cheese. At Wawa, you get 3 full slices of cheese on a Classic.

And, if he was cracking those eggs, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Corporate is trying new stuff all of the time. That may have been a test for that particular store or region. That would be awesome if we made ours fresh...we'd consume all at that point, lol :p

TheUnknown

I tried my first beer: Corona Light. Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever ingested.

Andy

That's because light beer is the worst drink ever created. ;)

TheUnknown

I hear Sam Adams Light isn't that bad.

Ender

Eh. I second Beeurd, light beer is an abomination to all that is good and manly.

*Hoists a Sam Smith's Imperial Stout in salute, and downs*

Uncle Du

Sam Adams light isn't bad. I never liked Corona light, it's just not any where near as good as a regular Corona with a fresh lime.