Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

World of Warcraft

CorSec

I hit 80 Sunday morning. Realm first Blood Elf, and I guess realm third 80. oops.

CorSec

The actual Undercity invasion can be a little tedious. There is effectively no way to fail it (your respective faction leader will destroy everything without breaking a sweat). It's drawn out for quite some time though.

Still, it was an interesting chain.

Andy

Wow, go you getting Realm first. I think all the Realm first 80s have gone on my server... We have a guild who are basically a bunch of no life saddos. http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml?r=A...endance&p=1

Most of them were level 80 by Saturday. And yesterday they were doing the top instance. :roll:

Drake

Grats, CorSec. Take pride in knowing that, across your server, thousands of people consider you a "no life saddo." :p

And we have a couple guilds like that too. Big raiding guilds mostly. Our realm first level 80 was a Blood Elf Paladin. No one was surprised. :lol:

Most of the others, the profession firsts, have been Alliance.

Edited by Drake

Andy

Hmm, I'm not sure what professions to take on for my DK.

My hunter has mining/engineering, although I haven't really levelled it much.

I have a mage that is sadly neglected with tailoring/enchanting.

Tempted to go herbalism/inscription...

Any thoughts?

Drake

I'm running into the same problem. The obvious choice would be blacksmithing since DKs are about the plate and nice weapons. Since your main is a miner, you can put him to use gathering ore and maybe make your second profession an easy gathering skill like skinning or something that doesn't rely on another, like enchanting.

I was going to have my Paladin go miner/blacksmith but I gave him enchanting instead because of the Belf racial bonus.

Edit: Now that I think about it, BS is hell to level so maybe Herbalism/Inscription would be better for you. Plus I hear that there are some sexy Inscriber-only shoulder enchants later on.

Edited by Drake

Drake

I would also like to say that all of the new voices they've added are perfect. Hearing Arthas give his Death Knight speech to you when you first start off is awesome. Then again in Northrend when you hear him speak at the end of a quest in Howling Fjord and in the cutscene, etc. Gives you chills. Same with Putress.

The Tuskarr voices are well done too.

Andy

Yeah. Pretty much everything about the DKs are awesome. So can't really complain. :p

Andy

I used to have a Belf paladin with herb/alchemy... and I remember that being a nice, relatively easy money-earner. lol

Need to restart my belf sometime. But don't think I want to be levelling 4 characters simultaneously. :p

Edited by Andy

Andy

Anyone heard anything about this recently?

Last I heard (at least a year ago) was that they were still looking for a director.

A lot of people (media included) complain that it's silly to make a movie out of a game that has no real plot structure. Apparently they are unfamiliar with Warcraft then, as they would find that the world Blizzard have created has quite a rich history attached to it.

The film was originally set for a 2009 release, but that looks highly unlikely if no progress has been made...

Drake

For me, the deciding factor between rolling an Orc or Blood Elf DK was the voice. Putting racials aside, the Belf had the most maniacal laugh. :evil:

Drake

I know some who had a full roster of level 70s...and eventually level 80s, lol.

Drake

I recall making a post about this a while back. :p

I haven't heard anything different about it either. Then again, I haven't really looked, lol.

Andy

I can't see it though. :p

Drake

I really like how Blizzard has had the Lich King feature much more prominently in quests. Even just solo ones. I just did one in Zul'Drak where I have to enslave a big elite Scourge troll and make it fight the big elite Scourge troll leader. Right at the end, Arthas strolls through a portal and has a little chat with the troll, then kills him for his failure. He lets you live, for some reason, because he is amused at your potential, lol.

I think that Blizzard is trying to make you really want to go for Arthas. Unlike BC where you only really see Illidan once and hear him yelling a couple times. They're hyping him up a lot.

CorSec

Drake, had you done the matching quest line from Grizzly Hills? Drakuru (the scourge troll leader) is an old friend if you've done the chain starting at Granite Springs in Grizzly Hills. (it starts with catching an ice troll). There's an achievement related to completing both quest chains.

And yeah about 50% of the tells I received upon dinging were: 'go outside', 'get a life', 'omg nerd'.

I guess our guild is one of those 'no life saddo' raiding guilds. We secured a fair number of the server firsts for leveling and professions. Our rival guild on the server however, is taking raid content at a much faster pace. We've cleared most of the raids as 10-mans, but we haven't put together a serious 25 man for them yet.

I guess my goal right now is to work on finishing quest content, to get Loremaster. Few zones left.

Drake

Yeah, I've done the Grizzly Hills chain first and I thought that was amusing. :lol:

Drake

Hit 80 on my Shaman yesterday. :D

Andy

Awesome. :D

Andy

There is effectively no way to fail it

Yes, except when I did it and it was bugged, so I died 3 times.

In the end I had like 30% durability, and had to stand around waiting for the NPCs to kill everything. lol

And on a side-note, King Varian Wrynn is a bit of a dick. lol

Drake

He really is. He's blinded by his natural human racism. He judges an entire faction based on the actions of one Orc who kept him as a slave and made him fight in gladiator arenas.

Anyway. Two of the people in my guild got there when the event was just about over so they ran in headlong and promptly died before I called them morons and told them to wait for the restart, lol. Some people really have no sense of patience.

Andy

Haha, nice. :lol:

Drake

If anything, the Horde are the ones who have the right to be dicks. Well, the Orcs at least. They were enslaved and kept in prison camps by the Alliance after the Second War until Thrall busted them out of their apathy with his uber-Shaman powers!

Drake

That is most certainly not a WC3 CD-key. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.