Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

World of Warcraft

Brumak

Ok...I'm at a critical point with my guild...with my Blood Elf Paladin I am mining/blacksmith...but I have no idea whether or not I should go armor smithing or weapon smithing once I can choose the split. Our guild is primarily rogues considering we are a "mercenary" black ops guild so I would think weapon smithing is a decent way to go but the guild leader requests armor smithing only because I have the highest skill in blacksmithing. Thoughts?

Brumak

Ok...so there a few basic classes one can choose from in World of Warcraft...yet thousands of unique characters given those classes based upon the points distributed within the talent trees.

Considering this game is quite popular (and addicting, I'll add..), what are your favorite talent distributions per class?

I'm currently playing an Undead Rogue, Troll Mage, and Blood Elf Paladin. (I'm a Horde fanatic.)

For my Rogue I have decided to go Subtlety with 5 points into combat for Dual-Wield. I chose Subtlety solely for the purpose of creeping up and poisoning unwary Alliance players near major cities and vanishing away while the vanguard of Horde charge through the contested areas. So far, it has worked flawlessly considering every Iron Forge raid we run me and my guild have been the initial wave....Five rogues split off and neutralize whatever targets we see most threatening just before the main group nears the gates. With us first five, we're able to incapacitate or completely annihilate the scouts nearest Iron Forge before a major warning is let off and from there the Paladins and Shamans take charge.

With my Mage...pretty under leveled considering my other toons, I'm going Ice. I had a hard time choosing between Ice and Arcane...but I figured with Ice I could solo a bit more easily. He's only a level 23 but holy crap are ice mages fun!! Sure, the dps is crap compared to fire...but I love watching things struggle in a block of ice...

And my Paladin...well...I suck with them. They have great potential to be supportive, but I'm better with Priests in that aspect. I'm trying to do a balance of Holy and Protection with him...but I don't know what sort of balance to do. Suggestions?

Drake

Hard to tell since they don't yet have level 80 patterns for the specialty blacksmiths. Personally, I haven't chosen one yet for my Pally since I want to wait to see what they come out with and I really don't feel like going back and mining for old ore again. :p

Edited by Drake

Brumak

Haha I hear that...I'm already sick of being the one that makes armor for the guild (granted I make good gold...but what the hell is that worth in O_o)

The gold is definitely not worth the time invested in farming for the mats...

Edited by Brumak

Drake

My Belf Paladin is specced for Prot AoE grinding. I don't play him all that much except to BS stuff so I haven't really tested out the build since the 3.1 talent reset. This is what I've got for him. It's pretty good for leveling since you can take on several mobs at once and walk away with most of your health. Just need to keep up Seal of Light to keep you healed (or switch to Wisdom if you run low on mana) then use Judgement of Light or Wisdom, opposite of the Seal you have up. Then AoE with Consecration and keep Holy Shield up.

My Tauren Shaman main is, always has been and always shall be Elemental. Originally he was part Resto but now I've dumped my extra points into Enhancement and I've noticed an increase in dps. My glyphs and whatnot all focus on increasing the damage from lightning bolt and lava burst. I'll tell ya...two-shotting most mobs is fun.

My Belf DK is Unholy with Blood up to Imp Rune Tap for self heals. Army of the Dead is OP and crazy fun for solo-ing elites. It also makes mining titanium nodes in mob-packed areas easy.

Drake

Then make them farm their own crap. :p

Brumak

If I didn't rely on their leather and enchanting...I would :p

Drake

What professions do your Rogue and Mage have?

Brumak

Rogue is skinning/leatherworking, mage is alchemy/herbalist.

Drake

Then level an enchanter. :p

Brumak

I remember before Burning Crusade the wonders of tooling around as a Pally with a 1-2 combo: Consecrate and heal yourself :D Wish it were still that simple haha

Unfortunately I don't have WOTLK, so no DK for me :(

Dumb Blizzard. Don't they realize from their OWN game that the Death Knight was the Ante-Paladin from Warcraft 2??

Edited by Brumak

Brumak

I don't need one while we have three lol

We have a Mining/Enchanter, Tailor/Enchanter, and a Jewelcrafting/Enchanter

Edited by Brumak

Drake

That was a Horde Death Knight. This is a Scourge Death Knight. :p

Brumak

In all rights, I don't think Undead should be Horde lol. The Undead should be the Scourge led by Arthas..their own alliance forged with the demons, allied with Illidan, and all the other foul nether-beasts :D That's just my oppinion.

Andy

id say screw what everyone else wants... games are for having fun :p

Drake

CorSec, I've invaded your realm while mine has been down for the whole day. Started up a DK and, according to the starter zone chat, most of the people there were also displaced immigrants.

Keep an eye out for Kallira. :p

Drake

WHOA!

Andy

Installing WoW from scratch is the worst thing ever.

Taken about 9 hours so far. I've lost count, really, but I'm sure I started at about midday and it's 9.20pm now...

Huge patches currently eating all my internet bandwidth. Tsk.

Link

Yeah, I gave up on WoW. It got boring after my second 80.

Andy

lol.

I've gone alt-crazy again...

My hunter is still me only 80 though... Next highest is my level 27 priest. :p

I have a paladin and a warlock at around 20ish... and I started a mage (again) and a death knight (again) today too. :(

Drake

EPIC!

Now that Raimi's on-board, the chances of Bruce Campbell being in the film just went up. :p

CorSec

I'm easing out of WoW right now. Probably going to end up taking a break for some time (the longer the better). The Hard mode implementation for Ulduar kind of polarized our guild and we've had a hard time continuing with the wide spectrum of "skill" present in our raiding roster.

Andy

I've heard of a lot of good guilds that have collapsed because of Ulduar... Being a casual player it kinda makes me LOL a bit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.