Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Drake

World of Warcraft

Drake

It looks as though the Ravager of Worlds has been updating quite a bit while on his multi-world genocide. This one amused me greatly: http://www.cwsargeras.com/2009/03/voldemort-is-pussy.html

"That's right, kids. Because my fists are the size of blue whales, and they're made out of metal that is on fire."

:lol:

Andy
Wrath of the Lich King sure as hell isn't called A Bunch of Noobs Running Around Getting Their Asses Handed To Them
:lol:

Drake

Garrosh. Sheesh. :p

Andy

FGS I'm an arrogant human I can spell it how ever I want, you Horde scum! :p

Drake

"I thought I smelled the stench of Alliance pigs!"

Andy

:p

On a slightly related note, have you noticed an increase in the draw distance? It's always been one of the things that bothered me was the terrain disappearing after you got far enough away from it, but I noticed yesterday while I was on my alt, that from Auberdine in Darkshore, you can see the entire 'stump' of Teldrassil (or at least I can). You could never see that much of it before, and I've always been using max video settings.

Drake

My computer is getting older and more bogged down with accumulating junk so I've had to decrease my settings. Also, I haven't noticed as I don't take trips out to Darkshore very often. :p

Andy

I figured you might pass by that way en route to destroy some of my factions leaders. :p

Andy

Sooo the other day I got invited randomly by my guild leader to a Vault of Archavon 25-man PUG. It's the first Wrath raid I've been to, and I know my gear is pretty crap, so I was a bit worried. Plus I'm a Beast Mastery hunter, so they aren't really top of the DPS rankings at the moment anyway.

We downed Archavon easily enough, and so went to attempt the new boss, Emalon but didn't even reach him, lol. The main tank went down on the trash mobs (never a good sign) so me and the other few guildies I was with decided to leg it. :p

I was pleasantly surpised to be the #8 DPS, as my ranged weapon is still a green item (stupid crossbow from Utgarde Keep heroic won't drop). My guild leader was impressed too and said he'd let me know if he was ever with a group that was looking for another DPS.

So, yesterday I log on and my guildleader asks if I want to join a Naxxramas 25-man PUG. I was like... YES!

So I did, and it was pretty awesome. I was somewhere in the middle of the field in regards to my DPS, but I got a couple of nice drops. :)

We did Arachnid Quarter first, which was pretty cool, although I'll probably have nightmares for weeks after encountering Maexxna... It was an easy enough run as the group was pretty good. There were lots of comments on how good the group was for a PUG (I've heard they are notoriously terrible on heroic raids).

Next we did Plague Quarter, and wiped on Noth the Plaguebringer, although it was mainly due to terrible instructions by the raid leader; the second time round we did it fine. Having seen YouTube videos of the fight, I knew what was coming as soon as I saw Heigan the Unclean's room. Quite entertaining to watch as we wiped. Again, we downed him easy enough on the rematch; it's quite an exhausting fight though!

After that we decided to tackle the Construct Quarter, and were soon quickly wiped by Patchwerk after one of the healers got disconnected and consequently the tanks didn't last too long. Second time lucky this time round too! Gluth proved to be more than a match for the group, however, and the fight was impossible as the he kept healing. After this it decided to call it a night, as it was 3am lol.

Overall it was an enjoyable night though! Kinda hoping they decide to try and finish it off tonight... lol

Like I said before, I got a couple of nice drops:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40074

http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=40193

So, that's a little summary of my crash-course in Wrath-raiding! :D

Drake

Holidays.

It's Children's Week now. I want to kill this stupid pvp achievement. ARGH! I don't pvp. Ever. And all of a sudden I'm supposed to be capping flags and crap against veteran pvpers with uber-gear? Infuriating and unfair.

QQ

CorSec

So don't achieve it.

If achievements aren't hard, they aren't worth doing.

CorSec

I'm glad you enjoyed your adventure.

The new vault boss, Emalon, is not really puggable. It requires a certain amount of gear and co-ordination. He enrages one of his adds and if it's not killed within a certain time limit, it explodes and kills everyone in the raid instantly. They did increase the amount of time it takes for that to happen however.

Gluth heals when the zombies he spawns get close to him, as you're probably aware. The only way to do it is to assign 3 or 4 people to kiting them in packs in the back of the room (usually Hunters and Mages). Inexperienced kiters can make things a little bit messy.

Drake

Oh, I'm doing it. I have two of the four BGs done. I was just venting about Blizzard's inability to care about bad ideas, lol.

CorSec

I just see a lot of crying about this achievement. I don't BG and Arena regularly, but it only took a few hours to earn (one BG for WSG/AB, two each for AV/Eye). Try it with a group of friends if you're having trouble.

By the same token, PvP'ers should be complaining about being forced to run Utgarde Pinnacle with their orphan, but that would be ridiculous.

The achievement itself isn't poorly designed; it just takes more co-ordination than the rest of the Childrens week ones.

Drake

Maybe it was just trying to do it the first couple days that was a pain, with everyone trying to get it all at the same time. I just did EotS today and Horde was holding the Alliance at bay while those of us who needed the achievement capped the flag over and over until the end of the match.

It took me just one AB. I came into the match when it was almost finished and managed to cap the mine right before the game ended. AV took several matches to get. Sheer luck that I ran into a bunker that the Alliance had just recapped and abandoned. WSG shall be my last.

Andy

I got it without too much trouble.

Blizzard have already stated that they aren't removing it from the meta-achievement, as the achievements aren't supposed to be easy.

My criticism of the achievement isn't the fact that it's hard, it's the fact that the tasks are so specific that everybody is trying to do the same thing, leading to a huge lack of balance in the games (ie: nobody is defending in AV).

I would have no objections if it was just "win <battleground> with your orphan", because not everybody is going t obe good at the tasks set, so it isn't fair on the people trying to get the achievement, or more importantly, the people who are trying to enjoy the battlegrounds that are currently flooded with n00bs who can't PvP.

My Warsong Gulch match seemed to last forever (is there a match timer?) because nobody was capturing any flags...

Pssh!

All I need to finish Clildren's Week is to finish Utgarde Pinnacle, for which I have organised a guild run tonight. :)

Andy

Pugged Naxx 10 the other day. :)

We stumbled on Gluth, mainly because I was kiting and as soon as we did a ready check I got DCd; so they all jumped down and nobody was taking care of the zombies. :p

Second attempt when I managed to log back in we got him though. Then we went on to finish it, we wiped once on Sapphiron, and had to take 3 attempts at Kel'Thuzad.

I got a few more nice bits of gear too... Woo! JUST WISH A NICE BOW WOULD DROP FOR ME :mad:

Edited by Andy

CorSec

is there a match timer?

Warsong is the one battleground which has no deciding time factor. A well played defensive team could last for hours. It's been like that for 3 years =(

AV was similar until they implemented the reinforcements change.

Drake

Yeah, I got the WSG part of the achievement today (with the help of a kindly mage who also needed it) and the Alliance was just turtling in their base for much of the match. Thankfully they were dumb and only sent one or two guys at a time to try for our flag. Easy to pick them off and return the flag.

Andy

Hurrah, I got the title last night. Cos I'm awesome like that. :p

Drake

When I was finished with AV, I had around 40 marks of honour. Not just from trying for the achievement...I played it for the quests there before, lol. So I did a few more matches and got myself the Frostwolf Howler. :p

Drake

As an update...

I took up BS on my Paladin (along with enchanting) because I had leveled mining and engineering on my DK. It's really nice because I can mine on my DK, send the mats to my Pally, then make some nice epic gear for both of them and that caster mace for my Shaman.

I also just made the Mechano-hog for my Shammy, as he's the one collecting the mounts. It's a damn sweet ride! The tooltip reads, "Rides and parks a badass Mechano-hog. This is a very fast set of wheels." And the license plate reads "PWN" :D

Andy

Haha yeah I noticed that about the licence plate.

Andy

Okay I'm going to stop making alts now! lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.