Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

How Was Your Day?

Mara

My weekend wasn't so great either.

Uncle Du

Ugh. I promise I will not take for granted this schedule that I have right now.

*crosses heart*

Andy

my guess is, opens right after closing and has three closing shifts in a row...

opens right after closing would be kinda illegal... but three closes in a row is pretty close :p

Vergere

I hated closing when I worked at an amusement park. Had to wait until every bloody visitor was gone before I could close up, then clean up the studio, then meander the park to the front to drop off the money we made. And they didn't even give us partners. >.< If people like scary places, try an after-hours amusement park at 2 am. :p With haunted house music playing in the building behind you. :p -shudder- I'm kinda happy I don't work there still.

Ayingel

my guess is, opens right after closing and has three closing shifts in a row...

opens right after closing would be kinda illegal... but three closes in a row is pretty close :p

sith i've done that. the loop hole is that the store closed at eleven, but it didn't mean that the dishes were done. and, you know, we all had to wait until they were done...sometimes at 12:30...and i had to be back between 5:30 and 6:00 am

Andy

That sucks. Here the law says that you must have 11 consecutive hours between shifts, So if I start at 6am one day, I can't work past 7pm the day before.

Edited by Andy

Ayingel

there's some sort of law here too...

Jake Durron

Hmmm, well I'm getting over the flu, I'm working like 50-60 hours a week and going to school full time and I'm seriously SERIOUSLY in debt... like... 7,600 dollars and um I'm really hungry but can't keep anything down and had the profound realization that I can't afford to lose weight right now because I can't afford new pants, something I realized when I had to rig my apron strings to be my belt today because my pants were dangerously close to falling off... which should be a good thing I guess....

oh btw when I mean weight, I mean like 30 pounds and 17.5 inches lost over my body in one month.

Radioactive Isotope

if you need to get new clothes, i'd suggest consignment or second-hand stores. i've picked up jeans for less than $1 sometimes. that way you're not spending a fortune on clothes that will be too big for you in a couple months. :)

Jake Durron

yes but the problem is that even though I've lost lots of weight, I'm still bigger than jeans you can find there and i can't find kackhi's in my size yet and its for work... so they have to look pristine...

Ayingel

well i just had an interview, and i have two tomorrow before i leave for the wedding...i think i'm going insane...

Mara

Pretty good.. I got to go home from work early. :D

We lost power... again... :roll:

Andy

I wish we'd have a power cut... But then when we do, I still don't get to go early usually. In case it comes back on :roll:

Radioactive Isotope

when i actually start working in my field, i can get a day off if i spill Technitium on the cameras. :D not like i'd ever do that, of course.......:shifty:

yesterday was pretty good. the highlight of my day was helping Rob put together his new bed. it's one of those nice Sleep Number beds with the dual chambers so one side can be firm and the other can be squishy.

Mara

I wish we'd have a power cut... But then when we do, I still don't get to go early usually. In case it comes back on :roll:

Oh, we had to hang around for an hour doing nothing. Just in case. And waiting to see what the big bosses said.

Uncle Du

yesterday was pretty good. the highlight of my day was helping Rob put together his new bed. it's one of those nice Sleep Number beds with the dual chambers so one side can be firm and the other can be squishy.

You have to put those together yourself? What a rip off!

Radioactive Isotope

well, you have to put in the air chambers and the little foam frame thingies. it's not really that much assembly and it's easy.

Uncle Du

Aren't those things really expensive though?

Princess

when i actually start working in my field, i can get a day off if i spill Technitium on the cameras. :D not like i'd ever do that, of course.......:shifty:

I want one of those beds.

My day was ok, but it'll be better now because I've decided to change the rules to this annoying lil game that I've been playing with a co-worker.

Ayingel

my day's getting better ^^. btw, if anyone wants a heads up, we're calling parts of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and some other areas around Virginia next week, so if a laura calls from expedite resort marketing, or some resort, it's probably me ^^

but really, yesterday sucked...i found some random red area on the top of my head near the forehead and i don't know what it is and it really hurts...

Uncle Du

Sheesh, as if I don't get enough telemarketers calling me everyday. :p

Mara

my day's getting better ^^. btw, if anyone wants a heads up, we're calling parts of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and some other areas around Virginia next week, so if a laura calls from expedite resort marketing, or some resort, it's probably me ^^

but really, yesterday sucked...i found some random red area on the top of my head near the forehead and i don't know what it is and it really hurts...

Maybe you'll be the first telemarketer to pronounce our last name right. :p

Ayingel

maybe ^^ i've only gotten one wrong so far

Mara

Heh.

I tend to hang up on people, telemarketers or not, if they can't pronounce our last name. I'm just like "No, so and so doesn't live here. Sorry."

'Cause they don't. ;)

Ayingel

i use to do that too, but then we started to need to take them because the hospital couldn't pronounce our name half of the time

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.