Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Debate Table

chozen

no, i heard an account of it. they do have very strict modesty rules for women and if the rules are not obeyed, the women can be killed for it. same deal with premarital sex.

hahahaha. No that's rubish.

I was winding up GI, that's all.

I know you're not racist.

Ender

ah, NAFTA and GAT. yet another reason i despise Clinton.

Indeed.

Princess

Yes, but the Carribean Free Trade Act was just signed. Don't you think that after seeing the damage that NAFTA did, Bush would be a little hesitant to sign a new free trade act?

Radioactive Isotope

the free trade of goods is one thing. it's another thing entirely to sell jobs back and forth. not that i know what this new thing does anyway since it's summer and i don't care. :p

Princess

Oh you know, free trade just means that companies can import goods from other countries without paying tariffs, so then they can lay off workers here since they can get their product cheaper without having to pay tariffs from other countries

Radioactive Isotope

on the surface, it seems lik a good idea. but, obviously when people are getting laid off, Americans tend to not like it, lol.

chozen

no. Americans don't get laid off. People from other countries get laid off ",lol"

Edited by Glocka Rocka

Radioactive Isotope

Oh you know, free trade just means that companies can import goods from other countries without paying tariffs, so then they can lay off workers here since they can get their product cheaper without having to pay tariffs from other countries

Prin's in Michigan. therefore "here" means America. :p

chozen

meh

Edited by Glocka Rocka

Radioactive Isotope

i'm not even gonna go there.

but sorry, Prin if that offended you.

GI_Admiral

It was a pretty stupid idea...

chozen

yes... some people could be affected by familly members being laid off.

GI_Admiral

Yeah choz...only some :roll:

Princess

No worries JM.

And actually, I was affected by a layoff in my family

GI_Admiral

sorry to hear that, Who got layed off? :???:

Princess

My dad

GI_Admiral

:( ouch sorry to hear that

Princess

Thanks. Things are looking up now though

chozen

I should have italicify the some part. oh well.

m'wins

oh, and that's good to hear Princess.

Edited by Glocka Rocka

Radioactive Isotope

it seems every time my parents get some money saved up, my dad goes back to school. now both of us are probably going to be in college at the same time. i'm happy for my dad, really. but his timing sucks.

Princess

You'll get more financial aid though

Andy

My dad's office closed two years ago. He was a well paid Senior Designer for a contract carpet firm.

He has since been stuck in a low-paying job and we get no extra money from the government.

We can only just afford to keep going as we are, but his work has reduced his contract to monthly, and if he lost it then we would be in big trouble.

GI_Admiral

:( Ouch

Tsl

The school district my dad works at went from 5 buildings this year, to 3 buildings for next year. Luckily he gets to keep his job because of seniority and somesuch, because his building is one that was closed. He'll be in a 4th-8th grade thingy now.

All those kids from 5 buildings being crammed into 3....ugh.

The closures are thanks to the failing budget of the state of Ohio, which, when in trouble, cuts from education first and themselves last. All those unfunded Federal and state mandates, such as the Almighty Shrub's 'No Child Left Behind' act thing aren't helping much either.

GI_Admiral

Same thing happened here...

we had 1 High School, 2 Middle Schools, and 6 Elementary...we had to shut one elementary school down ((Sadly it was mine :'( )).

haha also the All Child Left Behind Act is just as stupid as the Patriot Act...It's a wonder the "political race" is as close as it is...

Also ((last one I promise)) all schools are basically getting screwed. I think for a lot of Michigan schools, sports now cost money, and you have to fund almost any "club" that you want to start yourself.

Edited by Giant Ignoramous