Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Official RPG Discussion Thread

^Hal^

If you don't want to give up your character, you shouldnt be GM/DM

Rogue

That is, if the offer is still available...and if it was available in the first place...Khalee, what do you have to say?

^Hal^

On 2002-04-12 21:29, ROGUEeleven (Sticks) wrote:

Hey, beeurd, could you please help out a little here? Some people are begining to get angry...

Not angry, just pointing out the facts.

Rogue

whatever...anyway, do we agree on Ewing being DM? (just being a mediator...)

E-wing

I agree i should be. :grin:

^Hal^

I don't really mind. oh and FYI, DM stands for Dungeon Master, which I just find amusing considering there are no dungeons in this RPG...

Rogue

I guess you should start the tally....

Czulkang Lah

The title could always be changed to GM, which means Game Master...that's what I've been calling it, until I realized that it also stood for Grand Moff.

Czulkang Lah

Hmm..about E-Wing being GM...If I'm part of the tally, leave my vote out for now. If not, who cares?

Anyway, I think Haladar could possibly make a good GM (DM, whatever). He knows a little about RPGing. If he'd be willing to, I'd vote for him right away.

Besides, no one really has any animosity towards Haladar...heh heh.

E-wing

GM or DM ether is good for me.

Andy

Oh I wih everybody would calm down and get along with eachother

** opens airlock **

bye bye......argh!

** implodes **

(or would I explode... hmmm...)

Rogue

Hey, beeurd...that was a door...and you just ran face first into a wall at 50 miles per hour...

Czulkang Lah

I think you'd explode. The air in your veins would expand and your eyeballs would rupture, along wth your aorta.

Oops...I'm supposed to be exploding.

Boom.

^Hal^

Yeah I've been wonderin about that. What is GM (since DM is dungeonmaster, the person who normally runs an RPG).

And yeah, I wouldn't mind being the DM/GM, and, umm.. E-wing, is your character still gonna exist, cos the GM/DM shouldn't have a character...he should be above the system. Though what the GM/DM can do is create situations. He could make a post that could do something. Example:

Say you make a post that is Michael and Melinda are happily walking down the street.

The GM/DM could then make a post that says:

Suddenly they are jumped by a group of stocholi(sp?) stick wielding bandits and a sith lord.

You would then have to gete your caracter out of the situation.

What te GM/DM cant do is actually dictate where the story is going.

Czulkang Lah

This is what I mean. Haladar knows what he doing, to an extent.

Haladar for GM!!!

Rogue

Sith! Somebody get beeurd some ice...better yet...a bacta tank!

Andy

**cough-cough** (miraculously coming back to life)

maybe we should start again...

E-wing

On 2002-04-12 21:23, Khalee Lah wrote:

Hmm...I was sucked into the bicker vortex without noticing it...So I have come to a conclusion.

E-Wing, be the DM, whatever you want. I want to see how long you can keep this alive.

I will be the DM and i'll do my best to make this thing the best it can be.

Rogue

This is the dream problem all over again...Grand Moff E-Wing. No relation to Tarkin.

Hey, that wasn't very nice....

Rogue

On 2002-04-12 21:19, Haladar wrote:

You use a bad example Rogue. Just how well did the senate work? they degenerated into pointless bickering, adn then one person took all the power, which is more or less what has happened here...

Ya know... all we're doing now is bickering! I'm just trying to help us get organized!

Czulkang Lah

Hmm...I was sucked into the bicker vortex without noticing it...So I have come to a conclusion.

E-Wing, be the DM, whatever you want. I want to see how long you can keep this alive.

^Hal^

No insult meant to e-wing, but so long as he kkeeps getting the story to go exactly how he wants it, we're not going to have any agreement. Do you have any idea how many times he's messaged me telling me to change a post because it didn't fit in with what he was doing. It isn''t up to him where the story goes, but at the moment it is. Totally.

Rogue

Hey, beeurd, could you please help out a little here? Some people are begining to get angry...

E-wing

On 2002-04-12 21:12, Haladar wrote:

E-wing, in the long run, they are right. This plan is a good one, but it isnt how RPGs are supposed to work. They aren't supposed to ahve a specified plot, people are just supposed to make it up as they go along. And if someone gets in the way of sometihng that you're doing with another character, you just have to work round it. There shouldn't be a 'plan' really...

I know that. What did you think I was going to do this for every chapter? No way! This is a one time thing to help us move onto chapter 2. I see chapter 1 as a learning thing. We have all made mistakes in this chapter (Essally Takin). I think it's time we move on. I'm trying to help get us though this. This time.