Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Mara

Yeah, saw that. As a mentor for Han. Someone who is some sort of criminal. But he couldn't/wouldn't say much more about it haha. Disney, ya know.

I'm betting he's another smuggler or something like that.

Andy

Harrelson has apparently been confirmed as Garrish Shrike

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-woody-harrelson-garris-shrike-han-solo/

It's not clear yet whether they are sticking to the EU version of the character or doing something of their own. I'd imagine that since they are keeping the name they will keep at least shine of the back story.

Edit:-

Apparently Pablo Hidalgo has cast doubt on this;

Edited by Andy

Mara

Hmm.  Well, if it's true, it'd be pretty cool to have another Legends character canonized, even if it would be a different version most likely.

I went looking for the Variety interview, to see which question Pabs might be referring to, but they won't let me read the full article without subscribing. :p

Either way, we will find out soon enough, one or way or another.

Andy

Yeah, stupid paywalls. :p

Andy

So, Donald Glover and Billy Dee Williams were spotted having lunch together as filming for the Han Solo movie gets going.

I imagine he was there to provide a bit of direction to his younger self, but apparently he has been saying he's not done playing Lando himself yet.

Now, given how TFA mirrored ANH, it wouldn't surprise me if Lando turned up halfway through The Last Jedi.

Either that or the Han Solo film could be told as a flashback with Billy Dee and Harrison Ford appearing briefly, but that's just wild speculation.

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovieweb.com%2Famp%2Fhan-solo-movie-billy-dee-williams-lando-return%2F#a-53ce2fcf-b1cd-4348-9429-ff3337908f59

k.a.mara

That flashback idea would be awesome !

(if it takes place)

Would make the movie that much better.

Andy

It would be cool...

I imagine Lando sitting in a cantina in the aftermath of The Force Awakens telling people tales of his old friend Han Solo.

Maybe they should have hired me as a writer. ;)

• Upvote 1

Uncle Du

Wow I am so out of touch with the SW world at this point.  Far cry from 17 years ago lol.

Mara

I was thinking a flashback could be cool for this, too. Or at least, just a bit of a flash-forward at the end with 'current' Han and Lando or something. (Well, not current current... but you know what I mean ha).

And I know there are some fans who think Finn is Lando's son. (Because the only black guys have to be related, right? :p)

Edited by Mara

Mara

So I saw Thandie Newton is apparently in talks to join the film.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't like her. (For a very silly but long-harbored reason). :p

Andy

I don't think I'm familiar with her work, although  I see she is in Westworld which I have been meaning to get around to watching.

Mara

I first saw her on ER, like, probably 20 years ago or so now.  That b stole Dr. Carter, and I hated her. :p

Plus she's in my least favorite Mission: Impossible movie.

I am kind of pulling for her to be a CGI/mo-cap character if she gets cast. :p

Mara

Well, a bit of a directorial shake-up, eh?

Mara

Updating this to the official title...

• Upvote 1

Mara

Some teaser art has leaked online, apparently. Disney is claiming it's not official.

But whether fan-made or not, it's still pretty cool, no?

https://twitter.com/theswlegacy/status/946064130762510336/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joblo.com%2Fmovie-news%2Fnew-plot-details-and-possible-teaser-art-for-solo-a-star-wars-story-arrive-144

Also, possible plot tidbits from Empire magazine.

Edited by Mara

Andy

I'm just going to leave these here...

Edited by Andy

Mara

Dude, I've watched the teaser like a dozen times hahha.

Really digging the music.

AND SPACE KRAKEN THING. Like what?

Andy

I'm assuming that is the Kessel run at the end. And was that Maz Kanata in the middle?

I need to do a trailer breakdown article...

Mara

Nah, it's an entirely different species.  It looks kind of like a monkey and has four arms.

(I've watched a few trailer breakdown vids lol)

Andy

Ah, I haven't had time to have a proper close look. It did look like her at the first brief glance. :p

Mara

Haha, yeah, I know.

Also there is a rumor swirling that we will get brief cameos of both Vader and Boba Fett.

Andy

I wouldn't be surprised with a Boba Fett cameo, I don't think a Vader cameo is all that necessary though. :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.