Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Link

Karaoke Lounge

Recommended Posts

Roethlisberger

Bob Marley - Redemption Song

From the album "Legend"

Old pirates, yes, they rob I;

Sold I to the merchant ships,

Minutes after they took I

From the bottomless pit.

But my hand was made strong

By the 'and of the Almighty.

We forward in this generation

Triumphantly.

Won't you help to sing

These songs of freedom? -

'Cause all I ever have:

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.

Have no fear for atomic energy,

'Cause none of them can stop the time.

How long shall they kill our prophets,

While we stand aside and look? Ooh!

Some say it's just a part of it:

We've got to fulfil de book.

Won't you help to sing

These songs of freedom? -

'Cause all I ever have:

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs;

Redemption songs.

---

/Guitar break/

---

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our mind.

Wo! Have no fear for atomic energy,

'Cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time.

How long shall they kill our prophets,

While we stand aside and look?

Yes, some say it's just a part of it:

We've got to fulfil de book.

Won't you help to sing

Dese songs of freedom? -

'Cause all I ever had:

Redemption songs -

All I ever had:

Redemption songs:

These songs of freedom,

Songs of freedom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Green (Welcome to the World) by Sister Hazel off of the album LIft

Welcome to the world, oh yeah

A very unusual place

Don't let that scare you

Welcome to the world, oh yeah

It's in your face

It's all around you

Well it can't go on and on forever

So let it go

And hold on tight

It's all so new

Yeah you're so green

But i'll cover you

So enjoy the view

Yeah you're so green

Until you balance on the earth to find the love that surrounds you

Welcome to the world, oh yeah

It's not your typical space

Just let it hold you

Welcome to the world, oh yeah

Don't quit the race

Let it unfold you

Well it can't go on and on forever

So let it go

And hold on tight

It's all so new

Yeah you're so green

But i'll cover you

So enjoy the view

Yeah you're so green

Until you balance on the earth to find the love that surrounds you

Anywhere you go

I'm gonna be one step behind you

You may not know

But I'll be there

Welcome to the human race

It's a very unusual place

But that's what makes it wonderful

Now your world has just begun

You're a very unusual one

And that's what makes you beautiful

Well it can't go on and on and on forever

So let it go

It will go on and on and on forever

When you go

So hold on

Hold on

Welcome to the world oh yeah

Welcome to the world oh yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

It's time for a Doors medley!

----------------------------------------------------------

The Doors - Break On Through (To the Other Side)

From the album "The Doors"

You know the day destroys the night

Night divides the day

Tried to run

Tried to hide

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side, yeah

We chased our pleasures here

Dug our treasures there

But can you still recall

The time we cried

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side

Yeah!

C'mon, yeah

Everybody loves my baby

Everybody loves my baby

She get high

She get high

She get high

She get high

I found an island in your arms

Country in your eyes

Arms that chain us

Eyes that lie

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side

Break on through, oww!

Oh, yeah!

Made the scene

Week to week

Day to day

Hour to hour

The gate is straight

Deep and wide

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side

Break on through X4

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

---------------------------------------------

The Doors - Light My Fire

You know that it would be untrue

You know that I would be a liar

If I was to say to you

Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire

The time to hesitate is through

No time to wallow in the mire

Try now we can only lose

And our love become a funeral pyre

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire, yeah

The time to hesitate is through

No time to wallow in the mire

Try now we can only lose

And our love become a funeral pyre

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire, yeah

You know that it would be untrue

You know that I would be a liar

If I was to say to you

Girl, we couldn't get much higher

Come on baby, light my fire

Come on baby, light my fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

Try to set the night on fire

-------------------------------------------

The Doors - Roadhouse Blues

From the album "American Prayer"

Ah Keep your eyes on the road,

Your hands upon the wheel.

Keep your eyes on the road

Your hands upon the wheel.

Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,

Gonna have a real good-time.

Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,

They've got some bungalows.

Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,

They've got some bungalows.

They dance for the people

Who like to go down slow.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, all night long.

Do it, Robby, Do it!

You gotta roll, roll, roll,

You gotta thrill my soul, alright.

Roll, roll, roll, roll-a

Thrill my soul.

Ashen-Lady.

Ashen-Lady.

Give up your vows.

Give up your vows.

Save our city.

Save our city.

Ah, right now.

Well, I woke up this morning

And I got myself a beer.

Well, I woke up this morning

And I got myself a beer.

The future's uncertain

And the end is always near.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, baby, roll.

Let it roll, all night long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

Jimmy Eat World

Bleed American

I'm not alone cause the TV's on yeah.

I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills everyday.

And rest, clean your conscious, clear your thoughts with speyside with your grain.

Clean your conscious, clear your thoughts with speyside.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.

Our hearts littering the topsoil.

Tune in and we can get the last call.

Our lives, our coal.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.

Our hearts littering the topsoil.

Sign up it's the picket line or the parade.

Our lives.

I'm not alone cause the TV's on yeah.

I'm not crazy cause I take the right pills everyday.

And rest, clean your conscious, clear your thoughts with speyside with your grain.

Clean your conscious, clear your thoughts with speyside.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.

Our hearts littering the topsoil.

Tune in and we can get the last call.

Our lives, our coal.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.

Our hearts littering the topsoil.

Sign up it's the picket line or the parade, our lives.

(I bled the) greed from my arm.

Won't they give it a rest now?

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt.

Our hearts littering the topsoil.

Tune in and we can get the last call.

Salt, sweat, sugar on the asphalt, our hearts littering the topsoil.

Sign up it's the picket line or the parade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Bob Dylan - Ballad Of A Thin Man

From the album "Highway 61 Revisited"

You walk into the room with your pencil in your hand

You see somebody naked and you say, "Who is that man?"

You try so hard but you don't understand

Just what you will say when you get home

Because something is happening here but you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

You raise up your head and you ask, "Is this where it is?"

And somebody points to you and says, "It's his"

And you say, "What's mine?" and somebody else says, "Well, what is?"

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"

But something is happening and you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

You hand in your ticket and you go watch the geek

Who immediately walks up to you when he hears you speak

And says, "How does it feel to be such a freak?"

And you say, "Impossible!" as he hands you a bone

And something is happening here but you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

You have many contacts among the lumberjacks

To get you facts when someone attacks your imagination

But nobody has any respect, anyway they already expect you to all give a check

To tax-deductible charity organizations

Ah, you've been with the professors and they've all liked your looks

With great lawyers you have discussed lepers and crooks

You've been through all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books

You're very well-read, it's well-known

But something is happening here and you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

Well, the sword swallower, he comes up to you and then he kneels

He crosses himself and then he clicks his high heels

And without further notice, he asks you how it feels

And he says, "Here is your throat back, thanks for the loan"

And you know something is happening but you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

Now, you see this one-eyed midget shouting the word "Now"

And you say, "For what reason?" and he says, "How"

And you say, "What does this mean?" and he screams back, "You're a cow!

Give me some milk or else go home"

And you know something's happening but you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

Well, you walk into the room like a camel, and then you frown

You put your eyes in your pocket and your nose on the ground

There ought to be a law against you comin' around

You should be made to wear earphones

'Cause something is happening and you don't know what it is

Do you, Mr. Jones?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone

From the album "Highway 61 Revisited"

Once upon a time you dressed so fine

Threw bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?

People called said beware doll, you're bound to fall

You thought they were all kidding you

You used to laugh about

People who were hanging out

Now you don't talk so loud

Now you don't seem so proud

About having to be scrounging your next meal

How does it feel, how does it feel?

To be on your own, without a home

Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone

You've gone to the finest schools, alright miss lonely

but you know you only used to get juiced in it

Nobody's ever taught you how to live out on the street

And now you're gonna have to get used to it

You say you never compromise

With the mystery tramp, but now you realize

He's not selling any alibies

As you stare into the vacuum of his eyes

And say do you want to make a deal?

How does it feel, how does it feel?

To be on your own, without a home

Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone

Oh, you never turned around to see the frowns

On the jumpers and the clowns when they did their tricks for you

You never understood that it ain't no good

You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you

You used to ride on your chrome horse with your diplomat

Who carried on his shoulder a siamese cat

Ain't it hard when you discovered that

He really wasn't where it's at

After he took from you everything he could steal

How does it feel, how does it feel?

To be on your own, without a home

Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone

Princess on a steeple and all the pretty people

They're all drinking, thinking that they've got it made

Exchanging all precious gifts

You better take your diamond ring, you better pawn it babe

You used to be so amused

At Napoleon in rags and the language that he used

Go to him he calls you, you can't refuse

When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to loose

You're invisible now, you've got not secret to conceal

How does it feel, how does it feel?

To be on your own, without a home

Like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I'm trying to figure out what my next CD purchase will be. But I can't find one I really want. I've been on Barnes and Noble.com all afternoon listening to short, 20 second samples, and not much is interesting me. Not only do I have to find something I like, but I need to find something my parents won't object to. They don't exactly listen to my music, but whenever I'm listening to Linkin Park my dad gives me a dirty look. I was thinking maybe Yellowcard, but their CD is kind of pop oriented...mostly because they wanted to apeal to the TRL fans. Idiots. I just can't find any good rock music. :cry:

Edit: I originally said "alternative" rock music, since the best local station does alt rock, and has defined my musical tastes. After running a search on Barnes and Noble.com on alternative rock, and it coming up with "Elephunk" the new Black Eyed Peas Album...

Edited by Chickenman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

nvm....the samples suck.

I just listened to the "Down with the Sickness" sample, and it didn't have the chorus, which is the best part of the song.

They didn't have the best part of "All my Life" either.

I've determined these samples are delibratly misleading.

I'm hungry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

I listen to the 30 second or so samples from mtv.com to get a moderate idea of some of the songs I want on burnded CD's. I haven't really been mislead yet, but I'm keeping to established bands that I'm interested in anyway just to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

try honesty.. errr... billy talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

So....this song has been stuck in my head all day, lol...

Frankie Valli

Can't Take My Eyes Off You

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

You'd be like Heaven to touch.

I wanna hold you so much.

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

Pardon the way that I stare.

There's nothing else to compare.

The sight of you leaves me weak.

There are no words left to speak,

But if you feel like I feel,

Please let me know that it's real.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, baby,

And if it's quite alright,

I need you, baby,

To warm a lonely night.

I love you, baby.

Trust in me when I say:

Oh, pretty baby,

Don't bring me down, I pray.

Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay

And let me love you, baby.

Let me love you.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

You'd be like Heaven to touch.

I wanna hold you so much.

At long last love has arrived

And I thank God I'm alive.

You're just too good to be true.

Can't take my eyes off you.

I love you, baby,

And if it's quite alright,

I need you, baby,

To warm a lonely night.

I love you, baby.

Trust in me when I say:

Oh, pretty baby,

Don't bring me down, I pray.

Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay..

Edited by Mara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Chicken, you must buy Nevermind, by Nirvana, now. Unless you already have it, in which case you should get London Calling by the Clash.

Now on to another CD you should get:

Derek and the Dominos - Layla

From the album "Layla and other Assorted Love Songs"

What'll you do when you get lonely

And nobody's waiting by your side?

You've been running and hiding much too long.

You know it's just your foolish pride.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.

Layla, I'm begging, darling please.

Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

I tried to give you consolation

When your old man had let you down.

Like a fool, I fell in love with you,

Turned my whole world upside down.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.

Layla, I'm begging, darling please.

Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Let's make the best of the situation

Before I finally go insane.

Please don't say we'll never find a way

And tell me all my love's in vain.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.

Layla, I'm begging, darling please.

Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

Layla, you've got me on my knees.

Layla, I'm begging, darling please.

Layla, darling won't you ease my worried mind.

*piano part*

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Derek and the Dominos - Bell Bottom Blues

From the album "Layla and other Assorted Love Songs"

Bell bottom blues, you made me cry.

I don't want to lose this feeling.

And if I could choose a place to die

It would be in your arms.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?

Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?

I'd gladly do it because

I don't want to fade away.

Give me one more day, please.

I don't want to fade away.

In your heart I want to stay.

It's all wrong, but it's all right.

The way that you treat me baby.

Once I was strong but I lost the fight.

You won't find a better loser.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?

Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?

I'd gladly do it because

I don't want to fade away.

Give me one more day, please.

I don't want to fade away.

In your heart I want to stay.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?

Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?

I'd gladly do it because

I don't want to fade away.

Give me one more day, please.

I don't want to fade away.

In your heart I want to stay.

Bell bottom blues, don't say goodbye.

I'm sure we're gonna meet again,

And if we do, don't you be surprised

If you find me with another lover.

Do you want to see me crawl across the floor to you?

Do you want to hear me beg you to take me back?

I'd gladly do it because

I don't want to fade away.

Give me one more day, please.

I don't want to fade away.

In your heart I want to stay.

I don't want to fade away.

Give me one more day please.

I don't want to fade away.

In your heart I long to stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

Chicken, you must buy Nevermind, by Nirvana, now.

I really would, but I don't think I'd be able to sneak the cd cover past my parents.

*Points to naked baby, genitals clearly shown*

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chozen

Nirvana is pretty boring.. and pretty similar..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Chicken, you must buy Nevermind, by Nirvana, now.

I really would, but I don't think I'd be able to sneak the cd cover past my parents.

*Points to naked baby, genitals clearly shown*

In that case buy "The Doors: Greatest Hits"

Or any of the other cds I said you should buy

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

Fett- Nice... I love that Dylan album.

Chickenman- (What's The Story) Morning Glory? and Definitely Maybe by Oasis would both be good choices, as well as Color and Shape by Foo Fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chickenman

I listened to the samples for Oasis...kind of...meh. I'll check them out though.

Eventually.

Maybe.

Probably.

*Explodes into millions of white hot fragments*

*Lies on the ground*

*Wonders why your still reading this.*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

*Wonders why your still reading this.*

Hey! Shut up!

*runs off crying*

Edited by Sassy Fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CorSec

Just grabbed myself a burnded Pink Floyd Greatest Hits CD of my own design.

High Hopes

~Pink Floyd

Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young

In a world of magnets and miracles

Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary

The ringing of the division bell had begun

Along the Long Road and on down the Causeway

Do they still meet there by the Cut

There was a ragged band that followed in our footsteps

Running before times took our dreams away

Leaving the myriad small creatures trying to tie us to the ground

To a life consumed by slow decay

The grass was greener

The light was brighter

When friends surrounded

The nights of wonder

Looking beyond the embers of bridges glowing behind us

To a glimpse of how green it was on the other side

Steps taken forwards but sleepwalking back again

Dragged by the force of some sleeping tide

At a higher altitude with flag unfurled

We reached the dizzy heights of that dreamed of world

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition

There's a hunger still unsatisfied

Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon

Though down this road we've been so many times

The grass was greener

The light was brighter

The taste was sweeter

The nights of wonder

With friends surrounded

The dawn mist glowing

The water flowing

The endless river

Forever and ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Elvis Costello - Pump It Up

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "This Year's Model"

I've been on tenterhooks, ending in dirty looks

List'ning to the Muzak, thinking 'bout this 'n' that

She said, "That's that, I don't wanna chitter-chat"

Turn it down a little bit or turn it down flat

Pump it up, when you don't really need it

Pump it up, until you can feel it

Down in the pleasure centre, hell-bent or heaven-sent

Listen to the propaganda, listen to the latest slander

There's nothing underhand that she wouldn't understand

Pump it up, until you can feel it

Pump it up, when you don't really need it

She's been a bad girl, she's like a chemical

Though you try to stop it, she's like a narcotic

You wanna torture her, you wanna talk to her

All the things you bought for her, putting up your temperature

Pump it up, until you can feel it

Pump it up, when you don't really need it

Out in the fashion show, down in the bargain bin

You put your passion out under the pressure pin

Fall into submission, hit-and-run transmission

No use wishing now for any other sin

Pump it up, until you can feel it

Pump it up, when you don't really need it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - Alison

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "My Aim Is True"

Oh, it's so funny to be seeing you after so long, girl

And with the way you look, I understand that you were not impressed

But I heard you let that little friend of mine

Take off your party dress

I'm not gonna get too sentimental

Like those other sticky valentines

'Cause I don't know if you are loving some body

I only know it isn't mine

Alison, I know this world is killing you

Oh, Alison, my aim is true

Well, I see you've got a husband now

Did he leave your pretty fingers lying in the wedding cake?

You used to hold him right in your hand

I bet he took all that he could take

Sometimes I wish that I could stop you from talking

When I hear the silly things that you say

I think somebody better put out the big light

'Cause I can't stand to see you this way

Alison, I know this world is killing you

Oh, Alison, my aim is true

My aim is true

My aim is true

(REPEAT AND FADE)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - Radio Radio

(written by: Elvis Costello)

From the album "This Year's Model"

I was tuning in the shine on the light night dial

Doing anything my radio advised

With every one of those late night stations

Playing songs bringing tears to my eyes

I was seriously thinking about hiding the receiver

When the switch broke 'cause it's old

They're saying things that I can hardly believe

They really think we're getting out of control

Radio is a sound salvation

Radio is cleaning up the nation

They say you better listen to the voice of reason

But they don't give you any choice 'cause they think that it's treason

So you had better do as you are told

You better listen to the radio

I wanna bite the hand that feeds me

I wanna bite that hand so badly

I want to make them wish they'd never seen me

Some of my friends sit around every evening

And they worry about the times ahead

But everybody else is overwhelmed by indifference

And the promise of an early bed

You either shut up or get cut up, they don't wanna hear about it

It's only inches on the reel-to-reel

And the radio is in the hands of such a lot of fools

Tryin' to anaesthetise the way that you feel

Radio is a sound salvation

Radio is cleaning up the nation

They say you better listen to the voice of reason

But they don't give you any choice 'cause they think that it's treason

So you had better do as you are told

You better listen to the radio

Wonderful radio

Marvelous radio

Wonderful radio

Radio, radio

(FADE)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aurelius

ACDC - Back in Black

  • Back in black
    I hit the sack
    I've been too long I'm glad to be back [i bet you know I'm...]
    Yes, I'm let loose
    From the noose
    That's kept me hanging about
    I've been looking at the stars
    'Cause it's gettin' me high
    Forget the hearse 'cause I never die
    I got nine lives
    Cat eyez
    Abusin' every one of them and running wild

    CHORUS:
    'Cause I'm back
    Yes, I'm back
    Well, I'm back
    Yes, I'm back
    Well, I'm back, back
    (Well) I'm back in black
    Yes, I'm back in black

    Back in the back
    Of a Cadillac
    Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
    Yes, I'm in a bang
    With a gang
    They've got to catch me if they want me to hang
    Cause I'm back on the track
    And I'm beatin' the flack
    Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
    So look at me now
    I'm just makin' my play
    Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way

    CHORUS

    Well, I'm back, Yes I'm back
    Well, I'm back, Yes I'm back
    Well, I'm back, back
    Well I'm back in black
    Yes I'm back in black

    hooo yeah
    Ohh yeah
    Yes I am
    Oooh yeah, yeah Oh yeah
    Back in now
    Well I'm back, I'm back
    Back, I'm back
    Back, I'm back
    Back, I'm back
    Back, I'm back
    Back
    Back in black
    Yes I'm back in black


    Out of the sight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

Bumpin' Fresh

Artist: Virginia Coalition

Album: OK to GO

September seventh grade

O.P. shorts on enemies made

I was a new fool at a new school

about to get beat up cuz my clothes

weren't cool

Purple shirt with a koolaid stain

in room 201 I had been detained

last years fashions earned some

face smashins

last years fashions earned some face smashins

they used to get us on pizza day

we used bamafied sneakers

for the getaway

"BK, Turntec, Sportif too"

velcro pouch on my kangaroos

that's ok it was pizza day

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

I took a chance on some

parachute pants

knowin full damn well

that I could not dance

betamak player on breakin two

was the inspiration for my brand new shoes

put the cardboard down and played

kool more dee

the baddest little white boy

you ever did see

highwater tight cuff london fog

highwater tight cuff london fog

little did i know and its sad to say

my bamafied gear was for the sca

my style poor intentions good

you get smacked in the head

if you ain't from the hood

that's ok it was pizza day

that's ok it was pizza day

that's ok it was pizza day

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

that's ok it was pizza day

that's ok it was pizza day

that's ok it was pizza day

now look at me in the 21st century

if I had known then how it would be

I would walked tall with my head

held high

the future mr super fly

although we graduated

and the yearbook pictures faded

we got wisdom to impart to you

trust your fashion sense and your

bobos too

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

Bobos

fresh

my bobos was bumpin fresh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Elvis Costello - (What's So Funny) About Peace, Love And Understanding

From the album "Armed Forces"

As I walk through this wicked world

Searching for light in the darkness of insanity

I ask myself, is all hope lost?

Is there only pain and hatred and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside

There's one thing I want to know

Oh, what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

And as I walk on through troubled times

My spirit gets so down-hearted sometimes

So where are the strong?

And who are the trusted

And where is that harmony (sweet harmony)

'Cause each time I feel it slipping away

Just makes me want to cry

What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Oh, what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

So where are the strong?

And who are the trusted?

And where is that harmony? Sweet harmony

'Cause each time I feel it slipping away

Just makes me want to cry

Oh, what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding

Oh, what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Elvis Costello - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea

From the album "This Year's Model"

Photographs of fancy tricks to get your kicks at sixty-six

He thinks of all the lips that he licks

And all the girls that he's going to fix

She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle

But there's no place here for the mini-skirt waddle

Capital punishment, she's last year's model

They call her Natasha when she looks like Elsie

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Oh no it does not move me

Even though I've seen the movie

I don't want to check your pulse

I don't want nobody else

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Everybody's got new orders

Be a nice girl and kiss the warders

Now the teacher is away

All the kids begin to play

Men come screaming, dressed in white coats

Shake you very gently by the throat

One's named Gus, one's named Alfie

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Oh no it does not move me

Even though I've seen the movie

I don't want to check your pulse

I don't want nobody else

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Photographs of fancy tricks to get your kicks at sixty-six

He thinks of all the lips that he licks

And all the girls that he's going to fix

She gave a little flirt, gave herself a little cuddle

But there's no place here for the mini-skirt waddle

Capital punishment, she's last year's model

They call her Natasha when she looks like Elsie

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Oh no it does not move me

Even though I've seen the movie

I don't want to check your pulse

I don't want nobody else

I don't want to go to Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tsl

Marble Halls

Enya

I dreamt I dwelt in marble halls

With vassals and serfs at my side,

And of all who assembled within those walls

That I was the hope and the pride.

I had riches all too great to count

And a high ancestral name.

But I also dreamt which pleased me most

That you loved me still the same,

That you loved me

You loved me still the same,

That you loved me

You loved me still the same.

I dreamt that suitors sought my hand,

That knights upon bended knee

And with vows no maidens heart could withstand,

They pledged their faith to me.

And I dreamt that one of that noble host

Came forth my hand to claim.

But I also dreamt which charmed me most

That you loved me still the same

That you loved me

You loved me still the same,

That you loved me

You loved me still the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roethlisberger

Pink Floyd - Time

From the album "The Dark Side Of The Moon"

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.

You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again.

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone, the song is over,

Thought I'd something more to say.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink Floyd - Money

From the album "The Dark Side Of The Moon"

Money, get away.

Get a good job with good pay and you're okay.

Money, it's a gas.

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.

New car, caviar, four star daydream,

Think I'll buy me a football team.

Money, get back.

I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack.

Money, it's a hit.

Don't give me that do goody good bulls***.

I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set

And I think I need a Lear jet.

Money, it's a crime.

Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.

Money, so they say

Is the root of all evil today.

But if you ask for a raise it's no surprise that they're

giving none away.

"HuHuh! I was in the right!"

"Yes, absolutely in the right!"

"I certainly was in the right!"

"You was definitely in the right. That geezer was cruising for a bruising!"

"Yeah!"

"Why does anyone do anything?"

"I don't know, I was really drunk at the time!"

"I was just telling him, he couldn't get into number 2. He was asking

why he wasn't coming up on freely, after I was yelling and screaming

and telling him why he wasn't coming up on freely. It came as a heavy

blow, but we sorted the matter out"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

From the album "Wish You Were Here"

So, so you think you can tell

Heaven from Hell,

Blue skys from pain.

Can you tell a green field

From a cold steel rail?

A smile from a veil?

Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade

Your heros for ghosts?

Hot ashes for trees?

Hot air for a cool breeze?

Cold comfort for change?

And did you exchange

A walk on part in the war

For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls

Swimming in a fish bowl,

Year after year,

Running over the same old ground.

What have we found?

The same old fears.

Wish you were here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ender

All Around The World by Oasis

From the album "Be Here Now"

It's a bit early in the midnight hour for me

To go through all the things that I want to be

I don't believe in everything I see

You know I'm blind so why d'you disagree?

(Bridge)

So take me away cos I just don't want to stay

And the lies you make me say

Are getting deeper everyday

These are crazy days but they make me shine

Time keeps rolling by

(Chorus)

All around the world, you've got to spread the word

Tell them what you heard

We're gonna make a better day

All around the world, you've gotta spread the word

Tell them what you heard

You know it's gonna be o.k.

So what you gonna do when the walls come falling down?

You never move you never make a sound

So where you gonna swim with the riches that you found?

If you're lost at sea, well I hope that you drown

I Hope, I Think, I Know by Oasis

From the album "Be Here Now"

They're trying hard to put me in my place

And that is why I've gotta keep running

The future is mine and it's no disgrace

Cos in the end the past means nothing

You tell me I'm free then you tie me down

And from my chains I think it's a pity

What did it cost you to wear my crown

You dont like me why don't you admit it

D'you feel a little down today?

Bet you ain't got much to say?

But your gonna miss me when I'm not there

You know I dont care, You know I dont care

As we beg and steal and borrow

Life is hit and miss and this

I Hope, I Think, I Know

And if I hear the names you call

If I stumble catch me when I fall

Cos baby after all, You'll never forget my name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.