Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Princess

The Medical Frigate

Princess

You can take 2400mg of ibuprofen a day

James the Defender

But please eat with it! I didn't do that and now I have gastritis. I take 40mg omeprazole/day b/c of that.

Ayingel

My side is killing me, but I think I've narrowed it down to three things...

I either have:

A subluxating rib.

My work injury is flaring up.

My kidney scars are going nuts because of the storm coming.

Ayingel

Losing your voice and working on the phones do not bode well for a paycheck.

Pandora

Two colds in one season. Epic levels of suckage.

Ayingel

I think I'm going to urgent care after work :(

Princess

Still got the crud?

I'd be feeling great if I could houck up this wad of phlegm in the back of my throat that won't go away

Ayingel

My ear is feeling funny...almost like an infection, but there's no drainage or real hearing loss or any sort of constant pain, just a little discomfort and I can't yawn to change the pressure--started ringing today as well. And now I've started coughing more often (which I think can be a good thing)--but it's pretty dry. The person who I may have gotten the cold from ended up going to the doctor today because she was so miserable--she ended up with a new inhaler, steroids, and antibiotics...the clinics here are just so full of people with the flu...

Princess

The flu is going around hard right now.

Ayingel

Feeling some definite kidney pain again. I just hope when I can finally make it to the doctor that there's something there (even though nothing is just fine) so that they can do something about it. Or that when I go for my yearly physical that my physician will finally check me for cysts.

Princess

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Princess

I think I have a stress fracture

Radioactive Isotope

Did a GI bleed scan on a patient today and the bleed was MASSIVE. As soon as we put the guy under the camera we could see it. Stupid radiologist dragged his feet on actually calling it and wanted more imaging. Eventually the surgeon got involved and the patient refused surgery and transfusions. He went DNR, comfort measures only. It's only a matter of time. :(

Princess

:(

Ayingel

I don't know what's wrong with me. Just felt so terrible lately. Can you get the flu twice in one year?

Princess

You could, but it's unlikely

Pandora

What the hell, I'll stick this here. So one of my labmates sent around a link to the lab the other day. This is so awesome. It's neuropsychopharmacology for dummies.

Mouse Party

Ayingel

MY hand has been hurting a lot more lately. Today it hurt just before a large storm rolled in, but now it's swollen and throbbing. Hoping the ice pack cools down soon :(

Princess

My hand is hurting like hell today

Radioactive Isotope

Being sick sucks. Being sick on vacation really sucks. Today I've had a piece of toast and a glass of apple juice, both of which I threw up not long after. My entire body hurts, I'm running a fever, and my body is determined to violently expel anything I put in it. Make it stop. :wail:

Ayingel

Full-on vertigo this morning.  

Pandora

I hope you feel better! I'm sticking with the allergy congestion theory. Allegra D (or the generic version) works positive wonders for me when I'm so stuffed up I'm dizzy. I swear I can feel the mucus pop and drain like twenty minutes after I take it. Which is gross and a total overshare, but yeah. :p

Ayingel

It's gone now, today, which is what makes the whole thing weird.  I haven't had any other allergy symptoms--my equilibrium has been find the rest of the time, unlike when I usually have a cold.   I've also been experiencing signs of extreme stress and panic issues, so I'm almost chalking it up to that.  

Pandora

Aha, that's very likely it. Stress/anxiety does weird sith to the body.

Ayingel

Seems like that might be the cause, and I'm getting things finalized at the chiropractor tomorrow for more of a diagnosis.  I went in for an emergency appointment yesterday and had a strange adjustment on my neck (had to do it from a weird angle) as well as an adjustment done on my ears that adjusted my canals.  I'm already feeling tons better

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.