Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi (Spoiler free as of Ascension)

James the Defender

I just finished Outcast, finally, and my thoughts...not that they matter :p

I liked it, a lot. I thought the legal stuff was great, and finally Luke fesses up to being indecisive. If he had offed Jacen before or as soon as he turned instead of being, "Oh, well, I don't know" the galaxy would have been better off.

I love Allston's writing, particularly in the beginning when Jag and Jaina are first alone and Jaina says, "You've been planning an Imperial invasion of Alliance space for a while now." It took a few minutes to understand exactly what she meant, lol. I also like the name of Wedge's R2: Roll-On. It was hilarious!

I could've done without the Kessel storyline, though the thing contacting Allana has to have some meaning soon, and please don't tell me if it does or doesn't in the next book or two; I want to read it for myself.

I found myself absorbed in the fight between Chara and Ben. I thought it was just fantastic! I love staves. Well, that's it. Other than that, I just can't see why everyone is bashing this book.

Mara

I just finished Outcast, finally, and my thoughts...not that they matter :p

I liked it, a lot. I thought the legal stuff was great, and finally Luke fesses up to being indecisive. If he had offed Jacen before or as soon as he turned instead of being, "Oh, well, I don't know" the galaxy would have been better off.

I love Allston's writing, particularly in the beginning when Jag and Jaina are first alone and Jaina says, "You've been planning an Imperial invasion of Alliance space for a while now." It took a few minutes to understand exactly what she meant, lol. I also like the name of Wedge's R2: Roll-On. It was hilarious!

I could've done without the Kessel storyline, though the thing contacting Allana has to have some meaning soon, and please don't tell me if it does or doesn't in the next book or two; I want to read it for myself.

I found myself absorbed in the fight between Chara and Ben. I thought it was just fantastic! I love staves. Well, that's it. Other than that, I just can't see why everyone is bashing this book.

Honestly, I don't really remember Outcast. :p

James the Defender

I just finished Omen last night...

It moved way too slowly and it was honestly quite boring until about 7/10 of the way through.

I don't like the whole Tribe of the Sith thing. It's...annoying... Golden was funny, at times, and I liked that. Jag and Jaina...all I can say is...finally...and, oh boy, this should be interesting until the end of this series. I like Jag. He's pretty cool.

I liked Outcast much better. I have started Abyss and I shall hopefully soon be finished.

Edited by James the Defender

Mara

I just finished Omen last night...

It moved way too slowly and it was honestly quite boring until about 7/10 of the way through.

I don't like the whole Tribe of the Sith thing. It's...annoying... Golden was funny, at times, and I liked that. Jag and Jaina...all I can say is...finally...and, oh boy, this should be interesting until the end of this series. I like Jag. He's pretty cool.

I liked Outcast much better. I have started Abyss and I shall hopefully soon be finished.

Agreed with your Jaina and Jag comment.

Drake

There's a spoiler tag in the title so don't worry about hiding them.

I'm not certain how I feel about this tribe of the Sith business. It's interesting and different but, until it has more relevance to everything else, I'll wait to cast judgement.

And I hope someone assassinates Daala.

James the Defender

I hear that! And Tyrr, too, for that matter. Both are so annoying. Of course, I'm not finished Abyss, so I'm prolly not as avid of a hater of both as y'all are now...I'll get there before the next book comes out.

Drake

I haven't read Abyss yet so I'm basing it on the same amount of information you have. ;)

James the Defender

Oh, lol, okay.

The Aing-Tii were pretty cool. I thought Golden did a good job with them. Overall, for her first SW book, it wasn't too bad. I feel bad for her b/c she's sandwiched between two incredible SW authors.

And she took the Hebrew word Sanhedrin and changed the "n" to an "m" and called it an Aing-Tii monk, lol. The Sanhedrin was the Jewish high judicial court.

So, who's going to be the next lead character to be offed?

Drake

Actually, Sanhedrim was the name for their ships but I caught the name too. :p

And I don't want to think about who's going next. I think at least one of the Jedi Masters.

I'm looking forward to Allana and her new pet nexu. When Golden first mentioned the nexu cubs, I knew that Allana was going to get one. It's going to be fun when she grows up. :D

James the Defender

Riding it will be a challenge :p

And Ben said the name might mean, "pilgrin," or "monk," or something like that. :p

Mara

I enjoyed the bit on the Aing-Tii, too...a lot more than the Kel Dor in Outcast. And it was a lot better than those crazies in the Maw in Abyss.

I think perhaps I wasn't a huge fan of Outcast because it seemed they were trying to bring out all the subplots right away without much explanation. Plus, I just didn't buy some of it anyway.

Omen, I enjoyed, if only because we get better information. And despite the crazies in the Maw, I did like Abyss.

James the Defender

I'm just starting in the Maw w/ Luke and Ben. It's nuts.

Mara

That's putting it lightly. :p

James the Defender

I finished Abyss. It was...creepy...to the max... I didn't like Denning's character development, especially concerning Jag. Out of the three books, I actually thought Golden's was the best character development.

Anyway, Abyss was almost too creepy to read. I found it...difficult to believe, like some keep insisting about these books, and the fact that Luke and Ben kill most of the Sith with blasterfire seemed really inconsistent with the how the Sith are portrayed in the rest of the book.

But, the one saving grace for Denning in my eyes: BARABEL! I love BARABEL! They are so AWESOME! I'm looking forward to Backlash but I'm not...The time to January will pass in months, years...or in an instant...after all, time matters not to those beyond the shadows... :roll:

James the Defender

It won't let me edit the post, therefore I have to post twice...

I read on Wookiepedia that Zekk is scheduled to make an appearance in this series... Can't they just let the whole Jaina-Zekk-Jag love triangle alone and let it die? I was rooting for Jag the whole time that was going on since it started in the past, like, 3 series... I disliked and disbelieved Denning's take on Jag's loyalties, which makes me believe he likes Zekk and is going to ruin a good thing here...

Mara

Ugh. Well, maybe they have to add him in because the Zekk stand-alone novel was cancelled, and we have to know what happened to him at the end of the LotF series.

Anyway, I do agree with you about the creep factor of Abyss. Do you believe that their dead family members are actually there?

James the Defender

I'm...not sure... It certainly seemed that way. After all, the Force is explained by having many entities is in. Everyone assimilates into the Force. So, it can be assumed that they are. But why there? Why at the Maw? Why in Sinkhole Station? If I was a Force apparition, I'd rather spend my time in a different place, somewhere close to friends and family, perhaps, I don't know. I have no explanation for this.

Mara

Yeah, I have the same feelings. Like, I want to believe they wouldn't hang out there, but... I'm not sure where else they would be, you know? Besides just being 'everywhere.' I mean, Mara did visit Luke earlier in the Legacy series--so was that before she came to this lake in the Maw?

I dunno... it's all kind of strange. Plus, I'm not sure I really believe Jacen/ghost Jacen/fake Jacen/whomever he was, about how he was sorry. I mean, if I was ghost Mara, I would pummel ghost Jacen if we were both in that lake.

James the Defender

lol, like having David Duke and Louis Farrakhan in the same pool.

And something else that I can comprehend...tracking your own blood in the Force even if it's lightyears away. I mean, does a drop of blood have that much Force aura or signature?

Mara

I wouldn't have thought so, even if it's so old, but... *shrug*

James the Defender

Has the series been reformatted? I saw on Borders' website that Backlash is due out in paperback on March 3. However Omen is due out May 10th in paperback...Did I miss something?

Answered my own question...Borders has it as a pprback, but for $27.00. The release date went from Jan. 26 to March 9. Does anyone know why?

Mara

Nope... I had been wondering why Backlash seemed delayed myself. Maybe some editing was needed? :p

James the Defender

lol, editing out some ill-timed Zekk insertion, eh? lol

James the Defender

So, speculation: which of the major characters is going to die before the series is over? Can't be Luke, Han, or Leia. Lucas already established that with Vector Prime... So, who dies? Daala, I think. I doubt it will be Jaina. Maybe Ben? Nah. Whom?

Mara

Why, is there supposed to be someone who dies?

I don't think it can be Ben. (Haven't read Legacy comics yet, but it seems unlikely from the little I do know).

Jaina, either.

Maybe Zekk? :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.