Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi (Spoiler free as of Ascension)

James the Defender

I just bought it! Unfortunately, I have soooooooooo much work to do for my last semester of college that I won't be able to read it until May :cry:

Andy

I might pick it up and read it then go back and carry on with LotF, which I have forgotten where I am up to... I know I have Exile, but I haven't read it... Can't find Tempest though so can't remember if I have it or have read it. :???:

But yeah FotJ looks interesting :)

Radioactive Isotope

i'm hoping i can get to this one and a couple others before the big crack-down study time for my boards.

Andy

I was shocked they did that to poor Valin though; they are ruining all the Jedi Punks! :p

Mara

Got a hold on it at the library... should have it soon.

Bad furday

I was shocked they did that to poor Valin though; they are ruining all the Jedi Punks! :p

Noooooo :p

Well....there's always Lowie...and his drum kit. :p

Mara

Finished it Friday night, and, well.... I still don't know if I like this particular storyline or not.

I mean, seriously... the fate of the Jedi/Luke's freedom rests on what the hell whiny boy was doing on his little silly 5-year sabbatical? I know that Luke has nothing else to do, but, still... you'd think they would come up with a better adventure for him and Ben for these nine books.

I just hope that this plotline doesn't become the center; I think the point of Daala and the Republic not sure about wanting to keep the Jedi around/trying to enforce strictures on them should be the main focus. As much as I like Luke and Ben, I'm not sure I could stomach eight books of them wandering the galaxy trying to figure out what Jacen was up to when he disappeared.

Along with that, is the whole Valin/Seff thing... It's just... I dunno, far fetched to me. Especially that they think it has to do with Jacen. If it did, why didn't it show up until TWO YEARS AFTER? Blah.

I did enjoy getting some of the Rogues back to help on Kessel--I won't even talk about THAT plotline--but I wished Janson was there. But Wedge is pretty cool.

And Jag and Jaina are back together? Yay! I want more of that storyline, please.

Anyway, here's hoping that Omen is better. Not that Outcast was horrible... I just thought it was stretching a lot of things too far and getting unbelievable (which is saying something, coming from a make-believe universe...)

Radioactive Isotope

Finished it Friday night, and, well.... I still don't know if I like this particular storyline or not.

I mean, seriously... the fate of the Jedi/Luke's freedom rests on what the hell whiny boy was doing on his little silly 5-year sabbatical? I know that Luke has nothing else to do, but, still... you'd think they would come up with a better adventure for him and Ben for these nine books.

Eh. I disagree. Luke was charged with delriction (sp?) of duty in not stopping Jacen's rampage before it got out of hand. To me it makes sense that if Luke can prove that he couldn't have seen it coming, he would not be guilty of failing to take action.

I do think Tahiri made a good point about Jacen being broken. I hope they explore that avenue further, which I suspect they will.

Along with that, is the whole Valin/Seff thing... It's just... I dunno, far fetched to me. Especially that they think it has to do with Jacen. If it did, why didn't it show up until TWO YEARS AFTER? Blah.

Again, I don't think it's all that far fetched. Symptoms of any illness--mental or physical--can take years to manifest. That, or they can be mistaken for other things. Flu-like symptoms? Could be your garden variety flu bug, could be AIDS. Odd thoughts intruding on your mind? Could just be stress and exhaustion. Or psychosis.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Mara

Totally didn't see this till now....

Eh. I disagree. Luke was charged with delriction (sp?) of duty in not stopping Jacen's rampage before it got out of hand. To me it makes sense that if Luke can prove that he couldn't have seen it coming, he would not be guilty of failing to take action.

I do think Tahiri made a good point about Jacen being broken. I hope they explore that avenue further, which I suspect they will.

I suppose so, but I don't think it's totally Luke's fault, though. But, that's always Luke, always putting the blame on his shoulders.. Hopefully he figures something out soon. I have a feeling the GA will try to take more power from the Order if Luke is gone too long. No offense to Kenth Hamner.

Again, I don't think it's all that far fetched. Symptoms of any illness--mental or physical--can take years to manifest. That, or they can be mistaken for other things. Flu-like symptoms? Could be your garden variety flu bug, could be AIDS. Odd thoughts intruding on your mind? Could just be stress and exhaustion. Or psychosis.

Yeah, but I just find the whole situation way too convenient.

Anyway... started on Omen last night. Three, four chapters, and I'm still on the same few characters. Ugh. I'm not sure I like Christie Golden. I like it better when it switches around to different scenes, back and forth. 'Sides, Jysella is kind of boring.

Oh, well. At least there's a Falleen Jedi Knight in it, hehehe.

And here's the first look at the cover art for book 4, Backlash (other cover arts links ^ up there):

http://starwars.com/vault/books/news20090615.html

Ben looks so... young.

Edited by Mara

Mara

Okay, so Omen was better than Outcast. I'm really starting to enjoy the interplay between Luke and Ben... even though it's a little bittersweet at times because 1/3 of their family is missing. But it's still enjoyable.

However, I'm still finding it hard to grasp that Jacen is somehow meddling in the lives of the Jedi from his grave. I grant that he was somewhat smart, but at the end there he was all just blinded by his 'mission.' I really doubt that he would have had the foresight to plan ahead for his death by turning Jedi into ticking time bombs.

Even so, it's nice to get a little information on what he did on his little sojourn for five years, the people he met with.

And I'm happy that Ben decided to skip on the flow-walking thing, learning a lesson the hard way.

And.... JAG AND JAINA! Yay!!

Looking forward to Abyss... what's in the Maw... and what other random Jedi will 'get sick.'

Edited by Mara

Princess

Didn't like the ending and didn't think it was worthy of a hardcover though it was interesting

Bad furday

Haven't read it yet, but I think it'd be hilarious if it were F?te of the Jedi :p

Andy

Haven't read it yet, but I think it'd be hilarious if it were F?te of the Jedi :p

LOL :rofl:

Mara

:roll:

Hmm... I think they will all be hardcovers, though, if I remember right. I doubt all 9 of them deserve it. :p

Bad furday

An eye-roll. How original...yet unsurprisingly typical.

Princess

We should take a pool on how many times Mara can roll her eyes in a week

Mara

So I finished it last night, and, man, I was happy to finally get to a book in this series that was interesting. I could barely put it down.

Just a few thoughts at the moment:

Ugh, the Mandos are back... *pounds head against wall*

And inserting in Jacen to make us feel sorry for him? Puh-leese. I will never forgive that sorry excuse for a man.

I am liking the continued interaction between Luke and Ben. I wantz more. <3

And it's good to see something finally coming to answer what is making all the young Knights go 'crazy.' However, it seems a bit "out there" to me. Oh, well. It does seem plausible, anyway.

So looking forward to Backlash.

Andy

I wish they'd just say that he turned back to the light-side just before he died, just so Wookieepedia will stop arguing about whether his character page should be titled his birth name or Darth name. :roll:

Radioactive Isotope

One of these days I'll get to read it. :wail:

Princess

I finished Abyss while I was in the hospital last week and I would like to say, FINALLY we're getting somewhere.

Mara

I wish they'd just say that he turned back to the light-side just before he died, just so Wookieepedia will stop arguing about whether his character page should be titled his birth name or Darth name. :roll:

Pfft. They'll probably still argue it, either way.

Andy

They can't because they already have a consensus on the issue. ;)

Mara

Heck, even if it's set in stone, there will still be the wet noodles trying to argue it back.

Andy

Heck, even if it's set in stone, there will still be the wet noodles trying to argue it back.

Ooh pretty quote pattern. :D

Princess

:offtopic:

Edited by Princess

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.