Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Chickenman

I think T4 will do well too. It's good to have that on our side.

Drake

Even if it does, this is Fox we're talking about.

Chickenman

I know. :(

And I agree with the article, where he says the focus of the marketing should be about the mother-son bond, and that this is a deep, deep drama, rather than saying "Hey fanboys, here's a scantily clad Summer Glau!"

Edited by Chickenman

CorSec

"Hey fanboys, here's a scantily clad Summer Glau!"

WHERE

Drake

Right here!

600full-summer-glau.jpg

Bad furday

I vant to be under her um-ber-ella- ella- ella -ella... :p;);)

Andy

That picture makes no sense.

Drake

The puddle is not from rain.

;)

Andy

So I figured... lol

Bad furday

Clearly, Cameron needs to be taken to maintenance. She's leaking :p

Andy

Officially not being renewed by Fox. Booo! :(

Chickenman

Fox Execs explain why they killed SCC and kept Dollhouse

As for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Fox executives viewed that series quite differently. "Terminator has completed its run," Reilly said flatly. "And I think it had a nice little run. It was a good show. It was not an either/or [with Dollhouse]. We did see it tailing off a bit. It had a nice creative core, but ultimately we made the bet on Dollhouse for the night. We had some other shows we thought would make a better profile for the night. So that's it for Terminator." Dollhouse will follow two comedies, the new series Brothers and the returning Til Death.

According to Reilly, Terminator "was not an inexpensive show," and Fox had to "make some choices on the night. But, ultimately, we looked at the ratings track on Monday, where it had a pretty consistent run, and then on Friday, where it moved to. And that trend line was not pointing in the right direction. ... But we make no apologies for that show. We had a huge launch for that show, as you remember. We gave it a lot of support and some consistent scheduling. We tried, and felt it was time to move on."

Of course the trend was different when you changed the night of the show, you assholes! In fact, let me point you to the next article:

Syfy should pick up SCC

Sarah Connor got a bad break being sentenced to Friday night, in its failed effort to make it a hot babe night alongside Doll House, a show so doomed the finale will appear on DVD. The switch was catastrophic, taking a show viewed by 11.4 million and witling it down to 4.7 million. For a major network under 5 million is death, but it's more than double Battlestar Galactica, which averaged around 2.1 million viewers, proving once again that a network failure is a basic cable bonanza.

I'm thoroughly floored that Sarah Connor could get more than half the views of Battlestar Motherewoking Galactica, and yet still get cancelled. And just to repeat, on Mondays, Terminator was getting 11.4 million viewers. Then the schedule change brings it down to 4.7 million, and that idiot Fox executive blames the show? What the ewok? God damn it, Fox.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is actually to inspire hope, apparently Syfy execs are interested. One of them even twittered their interest to the mass public. So, you know. It's not quite over yet. We've lost the war, but that doesn't mean we can't make insurgent strikes at the victors. ;)

Bad furday

Excellent. :D:evil: :evil:

Yes...at work, the resident geeks, along with myself :p were discussing how BSG wouldn't have lasted 4 + seasons on network cable, but it pulled in, for SciFi ( now SyFy :p ) fantastic numbers.

Bad furday

I've been rewatching seasons 1 and now 2 on DVD..I must say, after watching the episodes within a closer timeframe ( minutes of each other, as opposed to once a week), I really see how well the story flows. Loved the scene where John is locked in the fallout shelter with the T888 ( on standby), and he has to take the key off its neck to unlock the door. John has a look on his face that makes one think that just like anyone else in that situation, he's trying hard not to crap himself. :p

Also...for the moment, I'm not hating Riley so much. At the moment :p

Chickenman

I never minded Riley.

And the show had such great writing, acting, everything. Just a waste.

Sticks

So got into this show a few months ago and watched all the seasons back to back...needless to say the fact that it got canceled put together with the way the last episode ended pissed me off more than a little :/

Bad furday

I've been cackling over this:

http://io9.com/5572951/terminator-the-sarah-connor-cursing-chronicles

Chickenman

That was actually way more amusing than i thought it would be. They found some great contexts to play around with. Good one, Furday.

Bad furday

The SyFy channel is airing right now, the first two episodes in syndication! :D

Perhaps....they're just airing them for syndication and filler...perhaps...they're testing viewer response for something planned ( we can only hope feverishly-it's not like Summer's doing anything now- thanks to the thankfully canceled idiocy that was...The Cape) :shifty::lol: ;)

Andy

I've been cackling over this:

http://io9.com/5572951/terminator-the-sarah-connor-cursing-chronicles

Excellent. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.