Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Andy

Yeah, what's with the kid? Is it a robot too? Or did the T-1000 kill the real ginger person (I forgot her name) and take over her life? lol

Chickenman

It's a darned good question.

Something that's always bothered me is the "liquid metal" thing, which makes no sense. Liquid metal...fine...but where's all the circuitry and stuff? Without mechanical parts it shouldn't be able to work as a robot.

Drake

Nanotech, dawg.

Chickenman

Ooooh. Been awhile since I've seen the movie.

Andy

They don't actually mention nanotech in the film, I think, but yeah it's functionality suggests it is nanotech. :p

Technically T-1000s can combine together, too. Although the only place this is seen is in T2 3D: Battle Across Time, where there is a giant spider-like mimetic polyalloy terminator that was planned to be made up of a group of T-1000s (although this was also never actually mentioned in the show). It was dubbed the T-1000000, lol.

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

Nanotech though...wouldn't it be easier to just turn into a giant swarm and fly up John Conner's nose and attack his lungs?

Terminator 2: The End.

Andy

No, because the bits can't fly. :p

Andy

Just saw episode 5, I thought it was pretty good. The sub-plot of Bedell (sp?) and Reese in the future was a bit predictable though.

The scenes interjected with reading the Wizard of Oz were well done, I thought.

But

I think the whole kidnapping the kid bit was abit silly... Although Cameron was funny in here interactions with Marty; a bit of an tribute to Arnie's terminator not knowing how to react to small children in T2.

Oh, and they went back to the blood on the wall! Yay, so it did have some relevance to the story. :p

Chickenman

Yeah, the kid was useless, but hey, they needed a B storyline. I love the flashbacks/forwards to the War. It's been awhile since I've seen T1, but the guy who plays Kyle Reese does a fantastic job, from what I remember of his voice, lol.

Kinda liked the military school idea but...the way that they wrapped it up just felt unsatisfying.

Chickenman

No new episode this week. (The one time that I actually wasn't busy during airtime. :???:) Next week, however, Catherine needs a doctor and Derek is surprised by a woman from his past.

Andy

Okay, so I just watched episode 6, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

Not very actiony, but psychologically it was very good. AND they

answered for definite who killed the guy in the first episode. It wasn't very clear at the time but this episodes hints all through, and then finally reveals what happened right at the end.

Was very well done, I thought.

That strike must have done the writers some good, cos they are coming up with some cracking stuff now lol

Chickenman

I typed up an entire review of the psychiatrist episode, but exited the window and then just didn't have the will to start it over.

That was probably my very episode yet. It really delved into every character, really put them under the spotlight and made them examine themselves even as we examined them. Really cool to see the psycological side of them. The fight at the end seemed tacked on and useless. I'm getting bored of how we get a new terminator every week. This one was defeated in what, five minutes? The terminators in the movies were unstoppable nightmares, now they dispatch one every single episode. Come on writers. At least Cromartie has proven resourceful and such. I like him, even if he is a little bland.

Andy

Yeah that is really the only downside.

And there is still more to the T-1000 that we don't know... I'm intrigued. Although I did love that bit where she practically walked right past John, and I can't wait to see the look on their faces when they realise there is another T-1000 running about.

Chickenman

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I can't wait for them to actually combat Catherine. I mean, the original T-1000 was the most relentless villain I've ever seen in a movie. Relentless.

The revelation about Riley last episode definitely took me my surprise. Can't wait to see how that turns out.

They continue to utilize the stupid technique of dubbing music over all the sounds during what should be kickass battle scenes. Although nothing as bad as the Johnny Cash song while Cromartie dispatched an entire SWAT team has happened since, two or three episodes ago, where they finally kill Cromartie in a hail of gunfire and he fires back, standing in the middle of the church. If anything, I would have dubbed the music out, and only utilized the roar of gunfire and the shouts of Sarah and co. *Shrug* It's annoying, and really takes the feeling out of what should be some of the awesomest scenes in the show.

Andy

Yeah that bothers me too.

And that thing about Riley? What a twist, lol.

CorSec

Will probably catch up on this series via DVD.

Mostly because Summer Glau is really hot.

Andy

Pfft, Summer Glau has a silly name. :p

Chickenman

Summer Glau = leet.

It's too bad she'll never be able to play as good a character as River Tamm for the rest of her career, lol.

Drake

Tam...one m. You fail at Firefly.

Chickenman

Agh. I typed it with one M and then debated over it for a few moments. :(

Chickenman

Hulu hasn't uploaded the new episode yet. *cry*

Though I'm glad the show is on a more manageable Friday schedule.

Andy

So I have now seen up to episode 15. I wish the T1000's killing spree wasn't so cheesy; but I guess they have to tone it down for TV, lol.

Andy

Is it just me or was episode 16 a complete waste of time?

Bad furday

I'm eagerly waiting for episode 17....but then I'm biased. I love robots. :D Watching Cameron's interactions with the humans is my favourite part of the show.

And...seeing the preview for this friday's episode.....it looks like she (Cameron) may bring the robot smackdown on Riley ( who I thought seemed unstable

right from the start). *glee*

Chickenman

I liked Riley. :(

And I also liked episode 16. It really tied together the plotline of Sarah's increasing paranoia as she began obsessing over the three dots. And man was that a twist at the end.

If you want a really pointless episode, go with the one with Cameron in the library. Though I liked that episode too. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.