Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Chickenman

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Bad furday

I liked the episode with Cameron in the library...I want to see more like that :p

Oh...and Summer Glau guest stars on tonight's Big Bang Theory! :D *glee* CBS, 8 pm EsT. ;)

Chickenman

So she does. My sister just screamed "John, Summer Glau!!!" from across the house. I told her to shut up. :p

Bad furday

Haha, your sis betraying your infatuation :p But yes...I enjoyed the episode :D

Chickenman

I was telling her to shut up because she was screaming across the house like a jackass. :p

Andy

Episode 17 was pretty good,

sucks about Riley though. Wonder what will happen with evil b**** woman now, she has a bit of explaining to do when Derek gets back, lol.

Chickenman

John Henry is damned adorable.

Andy

Aww, Chicken has a crush. :p

Bad furday

Again. :p

John Henry; "Would you like to play with one of the Toa?" - Terminator playing with Legos? Brilliant! Though a not so obvious tie in to Lego Mindstorms...build your own Lego robots! ;)

And also, in last week's episode, John Henry had a HAL moment! :D

I eagerly await our robot overlords....as long as they look like Cameron. ;) :hehe:

Bad furday

*glee-cackle*

I just down from the Isle of Skye

I'm no very big but I'm awful shy

All the lassies shout as I walk by,

"Donald, Where's Your Trousers?"

Let the wind blow high and the wind blow low

Through the streets in my kilt I go

All the lassies cry, "Hello!

Donald, where's your trousers?"

I went to a fancy ball

It was slippery in the hall

I was afeared that I may fall

Because I nay had on trousers

I went down to London town

To have a little fun in the underground

All the Ladies turned their heads around, saying,

"Donald, where's your trousers?"

The lassies love me every one

But they must catch me if they can

You canna put the breeks on a highland man, saying,

"Donald, where's your trousers?"

Andy

For god's sake you can't sing a Scottish song without a Scottish accent. :mad:

It should be pronounced "troosers" in this song. GEEEZ. So irritating.

But anyway; ZOMG!?

They killed Charley in the last episode, and Derek in this one! AND Sarah got arrested!? WHAT MADNESS!!!

The finale looks set to be pretty explosive, lol.

Chickenman

I wasn't too surprised about Charley, though it did sadden me. Derek took me by surprise, I thought he'd at least make it to the finale. Add that to Riley and Jesse and these writers have gotten effing ruthless. At least I hope it's the writers ratcheting up the carnage and the tragedy, and not tying up loose ends in expectation of being cancelled.

:( That said, I'd rather the show ends on a high note rather than cancelled mid-season. And Friday's episode looks like it'll be a very high note.

Andy

I wasn't surprised by Charley; just surprised they brought him back just to kill him. lol

And Derek was a bit... abrupt. lol Was like "Hey!" *BANG* "Oh, he's dead lets go". Didn't even build up to it or anything, was a bit random.

Chickenman

I didn't see it coming either. And I loved it for that. It was realistic. I mean that's how someone dies in a gunfight. One second they're healthy, and the next moment they're dead without even knowing it. He didn't get a cheesy hero death where he dies disarming the bomb or throws himself in front of the assasin's bullet to buy time for another character to escape (not really, as he didn't slow the terminator down at all). We're so used to a main character like Derek, who's survived so many gunfights in the series, we don't expect him to go down that easy because we have this Hollywood concept of how a hero is killed. He got a soldier's death instead.

Meanwhile, Charley's death was also handled tremendously well, even if they did that damned excessive slow motion action scene again. (Which has ruined just about every good gun fight this season.) He stood his own and got that very hero's death that Derek was denied, because Charley is the everyman that got thrown into this against his will. Sarah's discovery of the body was perfect too. I initially thought he was dead, then saw the dead body of enemy (Terminator again? I watched at 3 in the morning) which made me think maybe he did survive, but probably not, then finally we saw the dock and his body wasn't on it, so I was a little elated to see that Charley had died. Then Sarah looked over the side of the dock. Perfect.

Riley's too, come to think of it. After a life of being pushed around she finally fought back and inflicted her share of pain onto Jesse. Thus, she was finally freed from her servitude and especially her helplessness.

This is a damned good show. :p

Andy

You thought too much about that. :p

Bad furday

*has read all the redacted posts* Indeed :D

Chickenman

You thought too much about that. :p

Hello...film student. :p

Chickenman

What the kriff just happened? :crazy:

Andy

I'm not sure. :|

Bad furday

John henry defeated the Umber Hulk...and learned how to cheat.

"Twenty!!!" :p

Well apparently, Cameron gave John Henry her chip, as I assume that her robot body wasn't up to doing much more.

"Will you join us?" - like on the flashback to the sub mission- Cameron didn't want John to know that she understood JohnHernry/Weaver's message, so she sent Ellison out.

Cameron/John on the bed. Was that jaw droppingly hot or what? ;)

Weaver-the eel and the eel-like thingy during the sub mission.

Apparently, John has jumped to a future where because he has already jumped ahead in time, the Resistance gets started without John Connor. Derek hasn't gone back, and neither has Kyle. Allison (Allison, from Palmdale!) is there as well, showing John that Cameron was based on a real person.

Either way..a cunning piece of writing, perfect for either a season or series finale.

I really do hope there's a third season :p :D

Edited by Bad furday
Cameron told me to

Andy

Or they just haven't been sent back yet, as it would be pretty impossible John to exist in a reality where Kyle wasn't sent back at all.

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

That's the thing though. Terminator tends to operate in a universe where going back in time changes things or going back in time follows causality.

Andy

It's very contradictory at times. But then it's a show about time travel, so that may be an inherent part of the premise.

I always took the view that the future actually WAS set, but SCC seems to have blown that theory right out of the water. :p

I think all the discrepancies encountered in S2 of SCC must be related to

John jumping forwards in the finale

But we can't build a proper picture without knowing what happens after the S2 finale. :???:

Chickenman

Fox will cancel the show and about a year later we'll get a comic series.

Chickenman

Good article on why Fox shouldn't cancel the series.

He's right about the marketing. Fox has no kriffing clue how to market a television series, and rather than letting some heads roll in that department, they cancel fantastic, fantastic shows.

You've already ruined Firefly and Arrested Development, Fox. Even tried to get ride of Family Guy. Twice. Just please don't ewok with us anymore. You truly make excellent programming, but what you really excel at is breaking fanboys' hearts. Stop it. ewoking stop it.

Andy

I heard they have cancelled it, but I'm willing to bet that is idle speculation... Although I doubt they will step forward and say "hey, we've cancelled Terminator", right before the film is due to come out. In fact, they could technically wait to see how well T4 does...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.