Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Random News Snippets

James the Defender

wow...

Drake

Haha! I loved the BTTF reference at the end.

Drake

Some people just don't know how to use their brains!

Andy

This makes me giggle immaturely:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Leeds-Festival-Toilet-Drama-Online-Hunt-For-Poo-Girl-Allegedly-Rescued-After-Getting-Stuck-In-Loo/Article/200908415372148?lpos=UK_News_Third_Home_Page_Feature_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15372148_Leeds_Festival_Toilet_Drama:_Online_Hunt_For_Poo_Girl_Allegedly_Rescued_After_Getting_Stuck_In_Loo

Bad furday

*dies* Poo Girl.. :p :rofl:

TheUnknown

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/09/08/ny.funeral.wedding/index.html

Read that and try to feel something.

Bad furday

And something cool...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-skull-that-rewrites-the-history-of-man-1783861.html

*Plays All Along the Watchtower..the BSG version* :p ;)

Chickenman

Obama's response to Kanye.

Edited by Chickenman

Princess

The man has the right to call someone a jackass when they act like one. I like how he then asks the press for some slack

Chickenman

I love that clip for the way he talks about the fly-swatting thing. Like you can feel this kind of tired incredulousness he has that the media hypes every single thing he does 1000000000% out of proportion.

Then again, he should probably stop campaigning on television so much now that he's actually won. :p

Radioactive Isotope

i don't care that he said that about Kanye. this is one of the few times i actually agree with the Pres. and i don't think America cares all that much either. that being said, if he doesn't want such comments to be broadcast to the world, he shouldn't say them around cameras. ;)

Andy

Oh dear. He should remove that "made on a Mac" thing... it's actually doing Apple a dis-service with that shoddy website. lol

Chickenman

Roman Polanski Arrested

Good. The man deserves to rot in prison.

But there's this horrible tiny feeling in the back of my mind that entertains the thought of possibly maybe in a million years giving him a free pass because he's one of the greatest directors of all time. It's sick and vile but a totally subconscious thing that I can't control. Is this what being a Michael Jackson fan feels like? (Although to be honest, Michael Jackson probably didn't do it, and Polanski most certainly did.)

But really, ewok him. Asshole.

Edited by Chickenman

Uncle Du

I saw this and I can't help but to think that the Swiss are eventually going to release him and he'll escape back to France. Great filmmaker or not, he's a confessed pedophile. The fact that he's been living free for this long, and reaping the benefits of the film industry is a disgrace. It's sickening that despite his admitted crime, people are so willing to overlook that because he's a "visionary" director. More proof that the more money you have, the more you can get away with. A regular joe would have already served his time and been out, and labeled for life. If he wasn't killed in prison first. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Du

Chickenman

I wholeheartedly agree. Like I said, it's a totally subconscious thing. Regardless of how much I heart Chinatown, I'm really hoping he gets his ass extradited. Leave it to the French government to let a monster run free based on artistic merits, I guess.

From what I've heard, he would have only spent 48 days in jail, as the prosecutor had cut him a deal, but the judge wasn't going to honor it or something.

What a life this guy has had though. Holocaust survivor, the Sharon Tate murder, and then living on the run for the rest of his years until his arrest. They should make a movie about him. :p

Edit: So there's a petition going around demanding the release of Polanski. It appears that the petition is arguing that this was a case of entrapment, which I can't say it is. At least that's what I hope the petition is arguing, not that we should be clearing an escaped pedophile of his crimes.

Signers of the petition include Martin Scorcese, Woody Allen, David Lynch and John Landis. :mad:

Edited by Chickenman

Uncle Du

Haha, Woody Allen. How appropriate. He should know a thing or two about underage girls.

Like I said, they think his artistic ability overrules the laws of a country. Pathetic really.

Chickenman

That's what I thought too, in regards to Woody, but Landis and especially Scorcese are some of my favorite directors. I actually haven't seen any of Lynch's movies yet (Blue velvet is next on my list) but these are all directors I respect

and admire.

Uncle Du

Me too. It's not going to keep from seeing future films that they make, but it really does make me wonder, how do these people really think that they're better than everyone else?

Andy

You have got to be kidding me, lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.