Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Random News Snippets

TheUnknown

This is old, but I'm just now finding it. I've almost bawled here.

Jordan's father, John Tyson, told the Toowoomba Chronicle Jordan could not swim and was terrified of water.

This reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQWxgnFc1fk

Edited by TheUnknown

Andy

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee is coming up and schools around the country are gearing up for a celebratory cooking competition...

The anti-monarchy group Republic is warning schools they may break the law if they take part in a cooking contest to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Republic says involving children in celebrations of the monarchy without teaching them about republicanism as well is a breach of the Education Act.

The government said the rules were not designed to stop children taking part in national events.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-16747153

facepalm.jpg

Edited by beeurd

Pandora

Sounds like the monkey trial.

Ana

... So. A few weeks leading up to the Jubilee, talk for a bit about all the different types of government that exist. There, sorted. Now go make delicious fewdz.

Ana

I'm torn about this... on one hand, the dad's correct. Sorry the kid is stressed, but her life ain't anywhere near bad. And I totally understand how insulting it must be to find out she wrote that stuff.

On the other hand, who doesn't need to vent about their family once in a while? It's bad luck that she vented in print where he could find it... But I know I've said things just as bad about my parents at the height of frustration. At no point did I actually ever think I was honestly going to tell them to pour their own coffee when they ask me to get it, even if I said exactly that.

And either way, a damn waste of technology.

Andy

Confiscate laptop, sure. But why destroy it? It's really wasteful and totally unnecessary. Don't think it sets a good example, really.

And that's my assessment when I ignore my opinions regarding firearms. :p

Ayingel

Well, it didn't seem like it would be an issue for him to ever get another laptop, considering his job

Andy

Hmm, not really the point I was making. I'm not an eco-warrior or anything, but people shouldn't be wasteful just because they can afford to.

Bad furday

I'm disappointed that the vid didn't have a voiceover by a Paul Stojanovich impersonator saying "Tommy Jordan always wanted to be a cowboy...he always wanted to be the big hee-ro!"

And then an ending comment, maybe the common, but not relevenat "This driver's going to be locked up for a long time!" ( which doesn't really go with the scene, but since that appears to be a Windows running computer, might be a meta joke ). :p

read about this days ago on other news gossip sites- the one thing commenters could agree on was that if they were stuck in an HP laptop, like in the vid, they'd destroy it too. :p

Princess

Sometimes you really have to shock someone to get a point across. As the dad said, she's done this before and had her privileges taken away. Something much more drastic was in order, and this is a life lesson that she'll never forget.

I saw some comments that the dad has put up since, and apparently, they found out about it through their family dog's facebook page when they went to upload a picture on there and the girl didn't have the dog blocked asfamily

Andy

Actually, can they find who made the dog a Facebook page and shoot their laptop? :p

Bad furday

That would be better :p

Drake

Congratulations America on finally getting universal healthcare! About time!

• Upvote 1

Pandora

But we're not. All we got was an extra tax. And a new regulation that will destroy actuarial tables.

• Upvote 1

James the Defender

I have to make sure I get a health insurance...I lost my job, lost my insurance, and have to make sure I'm inusured within a month before that "pre-existing condition" thing kicks in. My wife has many conditions and we could be really up the creek...One of her meds cost $84 for 30 days. No generic available.

James the Defender

Of all things going on in Russia with religious groups: Muslim imams beings killed, peaceful worshipers of God being thrown in prison and brought up on false charges of sedition at the behest of the Russian Orthodox church, etc, the mainstream media in America and other countries chooses to focus in on three girls who are being treated unfairly, but actually committed a crime! They are known as The Pussy Riot. They stormed into a church and had an impromptu concert there, blasting the Church. I'm not commenting on their point of view, but it just boggles me mind how so many atrocities are going on in that country involving more than one religious group and the media chooses to harp on this where a crime was actually committed rather than where clergymen are being killed and people are being thrown into prison for no reason...

Uncle Du

Any one else been following the right to work fiasco in Michigan?

http://www.detroitne...ext%7CFRONTPAGE

Prinny and I were discussing this, so I figured, lets get more people involved. ;)

My take is this; I have a pretty staunch anti-union stance. I believe that there was once a need for them, you know, like when they had 8 year olds and sith working in factories. But now, I see unions as being much more detrimental to industry. Just look at what happened to Hostess. I think the fate of that company can placed on the heads of the bakers/tobacco workers/ whatever union. My opinion. I've never been union, and I've never had to be. I get fair compensation for what I do, and quite honestly, if I had to pay union dues out of what I do make, I'd be pretty pissed about it.

The flip side to all that, with this situation in Michigan, is the shady ass way that they're getting this bill passed. There was absolutely no bi-partisanism in any of this. They even went so far as to lock the capitol, and in doing so, locked out some of the legislaters too. The public was never given the opportunity to have a say in this matter. Oh wait, I think there's a word for that: UNCONSTITUTIONAL. These ewoking politicians need to be forced to concede a point when their constituents vehemently disapprove of policy which is being forced down their throat. All this sith sickens me.

• Upvote 1

Ayingel

On a slight tangent, because I feel similarly about unions, people need to relax about the right to work thing and not be so opposed to it. It isn't right to force someone to be a part of something that will take most of their paycheck for a year of dues right before Christmas and put them behind when they're just getting started. It happened to Robert when he was trying to work at UPS, and he quit because he didn't want to be in the union in the first place and we really needed all of the money that they took from him.

Uncle Du

Another reason I can't stand unions. These days I really see them doing more harm than good.

Princess

There's already a lawsuit because it was a violation of the open meeting statute because they locked the capital down to pass it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.