Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Random News Snippets

Drake

*sigh* Extremists. These people put good religion in a bad light.

Uncle Du

Du was alive when he was still in a band. ;)

BURN!

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn B, I've been sittin' here for like a minute now trying to think of a comeback, and you've blanked me!! I tip my hat to you Sir!! ;)

Yay, some more idiot Christians live up to the stereotype that some of us have been trying to break away from. Thanks dips***s.

Drake

Seriously. I never went to my own prom, because I was a loser, but I went to the grad parties and there was plenty of rock music and dancing. I went to a Christian high school.

Andy

If I'm reading that right, he went to a prom at a different school? If so, then what the hell does it have to do with his own school?

That school has some messed up rules too, my school wasn't that strict and it was a Roman Catholic school. :p

Uncle Du

If I looked at that article correctly, there was an excerpt from the school charter that said dancing and rock and roll were banned. Ohhhhh no, not the evil rock and roll!!!

So what do they say about Christian rock bands, like the Newsboys, DC Talk....ok, so it's been awhile since I listened to it, and I might be dating myself....again. :p

Any way. It's like we're back in the 50's when Elvis movin' his hips was taboo. Gimme an f-in break.

Bad furday

Watch out Du! If you're on tv, they'll only show you from the waist up! And complain that you and your wife sleep in the same bed! :p

Ana

By joining his school, he basically signed away his right to have any fun. Apparently that also applies to his life outside of his school as well, until he graduates.

I say, wow, way to be overcontrolling, school.

Bad furday

Another child left behind :p

Chickenman

It's the way that those rules shut out culture and freedom of expression that scares me. I mean, to stop someone from dancing? That's like, the purest form of expression there is. And this comes from someone who can't dance, whose dancing consists of headbanging and pogoing. I mean, it's just such a freeing expression of oneself and one's emotions. If anything, the denomination this school caters to (or whatever) should be embracing dancing. Dancing in religion have a looooong history of going hand in hand. And it's when religion starts shutting down freedom of expression that it grows terrifying. Cause that's not just shutting out a differing viewpoint, that's shutting out a forum in which to express that viewpoint. That's when the border between religion and cultism gets blurred. It's when a Church accepts multiple forums of communication, and is willing to have an honest discussion about various viewpoints, that that Church is really at it's best.

Uncle Du

You're like, wicked smart dude Sometimes I feel inadequate. ;)

Edited by Du

Chickenman

Not particularly. I just ramble incoherently in big paragraphs that look like they have more depth then they actually do.

Then I eat cake.

Uncle Du

Yes, but I read those paragraphs, and they (usually) make sense. ;)

Drake

That's not a church, it's a school.

Chickenman

I assumed it was aligned with a particular denomination or something. *shrug*

I was also speaking at times generally and at times specifically.

And again, I was rambling. :p

Edited by Chickenman

Princess

It's a fundamental baptist school, somewhat like PCC I assume

Radioactive Isotope

*facepalm*

now, i've seen schools crack down on "grinding," which i don't have a problem with. this is rediculous. if it were me, i'd be real tempted to tell them where they can shove that diploma and take the GED exam instead.

Edited by Radioactive Isotope

Chickenman

((Spoiler tags for inappropriate language, but its important to the post and the issue so I hope the warning is enough.))

My school was unsuccessful at best with putting an end to the scourge of grinding. One time they printed on the tickets that "freak style" dancing was not allowed, which just made people giggle. Then at a meeting in the auditiorium they described in depth what grinding constituted as, which was awkward and hilarious. But they never did a thing about it. And while its clearly inappropriate dancing, it's a symptom. When you're allowing the DJ to play songs about

ejaculating on a woman's

face, you're lucky that grinding is all they're doing.

Although I'll admit, it's damn fun. :p

Uncle Du

:rofl:

Bad furday

I...I have the urge to dance and grind now :p

*looks around for a lady*

Edited by Bad furday

Drake

That is surprising and awesome. Lucky lady. :D

Bad furday

Hehe

Prince William: I like to bake Shepherd's pie. I use a masher!

Ms. Masters: You're doing it wrong!

:p

Uncle Du

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Bad furday

You know what to do now, B. Find something that warrants a complaint and write to Her Majesty! ;) :p

Drake

And pretend that you're over 100 years old and British because I think that's the only way you'll get stuff done. :p

Edited by Drake

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.