Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

Debate Table

GI_Admiral

if you say so...

But to be honest (and not for the sake of arguing (which I wasnt doing)), I can't believe you would hit your 1-3 year old...maybe I'm too optimistic about the world

Radioactive Isotope

there's a difference between a little pop on the rear to get a kid's attention and beating them. after awhile, all you'd have to do is threaten them with a spanking anyway.

Princess

Exactly. I see nothing wrong with a quick pop to a diapered covered butt

GI_Admiral

lol all i'll say is: Slippery Slope

Princess

Puhleaze. How many people here were spanked? I was, and I'm fine

GI_Admiral

lol im just saying its easier to justify going further if you already let yourself hit them when they're 1, than if you didnt

Princess

There's a big difference between a quick spank when a child is being really out of line, then there is beating a child just for the hell of it, and you know that GI

Radioactive Isotope

^ what she said. i think GI just hasn't been around misbehaving children all that much. i don't care how much of an anti-spanking person you are, some kid will do something to make you want to pop them on the backside. besides, we all know he's just playing Devil's Advocate anyway. good to have you back, man. :p

TheUnknown

JM must be here all day. She's normally online when I go into work, and now she's posting at 10:30 at night. GET SOME SLEEP.

Radioactive Isotope

bah. who needs sleep? :p

but i sit in front of a computer all day at work, so that's why i'm here all the time. ;)

GI_Admiral

GI just hasn't been around misbehaving children all that much. i don't care how much of an anti-spanking person you are, some kid will do something to make you want to pop them on the backside.

What do you mean, I'm around you people on GB all the time :p

Radioactive Isotope

that would have been harsh if you hadn't been MIA for the past few months. :p

GI_Admiral

I'll admit the timing was off a bit :p

Mara

^ what she said. i think GI just hasn't been around misbehaving children all that much. i don't care how much of an anti-spanking person you are, some kid will do something to make you want to pop them on the backside. besides, we all know he's just playing Devil's Advocate anyway. good to have you back, man. :p

Hell yes.

I see kids all the time, who, I swear, have never seen the backside of a hand. And they're evil and unruly.

I was only spanked once or twice as a kid, but that's all I needed. If it was just threatened, I'd behave.

Edited by Mara

GI_Admiral

So it's alright to do it with children but not with prisoners? Or are you all alight with say torturing prisoners, hitting them till they pass out, etc. It's the same philosophy.

Edit:

But why stop there! Let's do it to countries! Let's bomb countries that are bad (we're already doing that now), and say, hey if anyone else steps out of line, we're gonna bomb you back to being a 3rd world country. That would keep them honest yeah? lol

Look back in history. Everyone you call 'barbaric' did that. Hang, draw and quarter. You think it's barbaric? Well pssht, after seeing that done to someone, you sure as hell wouldn't want to commit treason would you lol.

Edited by GI_Admiral

Radioactive Isotope

i think you're stretching a bit there, pal. :p

Mara

Uh yeah. :p

GI_Admiral

Same theory. Do it once, they'll never wanna do it again. Deterrence I think it might be called :p

Princess

It's GI, he's always reaching

Mara

Reaching for the hot burner on the stove. :p

GI_Admiral

lol you guys comfort yourself in funny ways. Sadly, they aren't enough to make my point not valid...You're attacking the speaker, not the speakers premises or conclusions :)

Radioactive Isotope

right. children who are spanked will grow up to be evil dictators, terrorists, anarchists, murderers, rapists, and generally bad guys. it's inevitable. we should all be like Dr. Spock and never spank our kids. they'll be perfect angels that way. :roll:

if time-outs and losing privilages works for your kids, more power to ya. but if it doesn't, what are you going to do?

GI_Admiral

lol I never said they'd grow up to become them.

I just said that dictators etc etc use the same idea when defending what they do. And that that idea can lead to other bad things.

Andy

You're going to tell a 2 year old that he or she isn't getting an allowance?

Why would you give a 2 year old an allowance in the first place? :|

Edited by Andy

Princess

Exactly. But GI, was making the argument that he'll punish his kids by taking away their allowance