Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What's the last movie you saw?

Bad furday

Ahhh.... The Grudge creeped me out for like 2 weeks. The movie on it's own wasn't scary, but that damn sound that chick made.........I could hear it when I'd try to fall asleep.

I saw The Grudge at this movie theatre in Penn State....the way to see a scary movie's with a lot of people, because then it's more fun than scary. ;) Like that scene where the businessman sees his secretary, and then pursues her down a flight of stairs, as she's not been in for ages. When he slipped in the wet patch, everyone laughed, and several people were like, "Watch it, it's slippery there!" - and then everyone screamed when she turned towards the camera and her tongue/bottom jaw was gone.

They laughed when that lady realised that the Grudge girl was outside her door, and ran and hid under the covers of her bed. :p

I thought that the remade version of The Grudge was hilariously scary...but then saw clips from the original Japanese version, and found it terrifying. :p :eek:

Master Hayes

Last night I watched "UP", "Surrogate". and "9". Tonight I watched "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs".

Edited by Master Hayes

Master Hayes

Funny People

Princess

*shudder* that was a crappy movie

Master Hayes

I was hoping for more comedy than there was. I didn't think the move was bad, but it was slow in a couple of places. I really thought Adam Sandler was good too. Plus some of the jokes were really funny.

Bad furday

War Games

I enjoyed it immensely.

"Shall we play a game?" :D

Princess

Dear John

Master Hayes

The new Star Trek flick, mainly because JJ Abrams did it.

Mara

Be Kind Rewind

James the Defender

Superman

Drake

Clash of the Titans. It was pretty sick. :D

Mara

Robin Hood

Princess

Couples Retreat

Master Hayes

New version of Nightmare on Elm St.

Mara

Iron Man

Princess

The Young Victoria

Master Hayes

Alice in Wonderland

Mara

Toy Story 3. And it was amazing.

James the Defender

I give it an A-

Very interesting. Special effects were incredible--of course--and the world that was created was special. Very Native American with an alien feel. Until the final battle--really until the planet intervened--I only gave it a B, at most. The plot is too overplayed. Instead of Jake telling the Na'vi, "The Sky People are coming," he could've said, "The English are coming!" and the meaning would've gotten across very well. I cannot stress enough how OVERPLAYED the plot is. Had it ended with the USA winning and the Na'vi being destroyed or detained, I'd've given it a C.

I give it an A- because of the incredible hard work that went into it and the acting--which was good. The plot twist with Ewah intervening bumped it up a notch. It was, however, just a tad too long. Some stuff was truly unnecessary--e.g. how long Jake's encounter was with the first creature, the one Neytiri ends up riding against the Colonel--who was an epic villain. It was too drawn out. I understand it was essential to the plot for him to get lost, but it could've been done quicker.

At any rate, the concept of the world was incredible. Their life and their skills overshadow the overdone plot. Maybe it's because I'm a historian, maybe because I'm too critical of Hollywood, but I can't see myself giving this movie the props everyone thinks it deserves. Even after writing this and reading my review, I am completely tempted to trash it with the rating... However...the way the final battle made my heart race and how I didn't want to stop watching tell my mind that it deserves the rating I'm giving it...regardless of how I want to rate it now.

And, btw... Avatar=Pocahontas

Edited by James the Defender

Master Hayes

I've heard from a couple different people that Avatar sucked, mainly due to the plot.

Tombstone......"I'm your huckleberry"

Pandora

I saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Loved it WAY more than I should have. Stop hating on Nicolas Cage, this movie was campy and like a parody of himself. Seriously. He's a big fan of the Dresden Files book series(google it), and this is like his own personal fanfiction. We all pretended to be SW characters as kids, an I just can't begrudge the poor guy of fulfilling a fantasy, however campy and geekish it may be. The man thinks comic books are the modern mythology for crying out loud.

TheUnknown

Saw Inception Friday. In a word: Wow!

Pandora

Saw Vampires Suck. Daniel can't believe we paid money to see it. It was absolutely freaking terrible, but I loved it. It was my own private brand of justice for being dragged to 2/3 Twilight movies with my Twitard friends.

Master Hayes

Bravehart

After renting the 1st Twilight and being bored out of my mind I vowed to never watch any of the others.

Mara

The Genesis Code

(A lot of it was filmed right here in my city... and on the campus of my alma mater).

And before that, The Departed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.