Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

What's the last movie you saw?

Chickenman

Just finished watching Choke. Hilarious, but a little less so since I read the book first, :???:

Princess

Yesterday I watched The Aristocrats and Thank You For Smoking.

I watched The Aristocrats with my dad, and let me tell you that that is a bonding experience on steroids.

I read that as The Aristocats at first :p

Just saw I Love You Man freakin hilarious

Andy

Yesterday I watched The Aristocrats and Thank You For Smoking.

I watched The Aristocrats with my dad, and let me tell you that that is a bonding experience on steroids.

I read that as The Aristocats at first :p

Haha me too!

Chickenman

Two of the comedians telling the joke accidentally say Aristocats too.

It's great, since it's clearly not a Disney-friendly joke.

Mara

Disney's Earth.

AMAZING. That's all.

Winters

The Soloist[i/]: Truely a perfect example of how musicians "see" music.

James the Defender

Die Bluthochzeit (The Wedding Party)

Good watch, just one scene that I didn't appreciate and was uncessary with a prostitute. Otherwise, great movie.

Mara

Sunshine

Thought it could have used more development, but it was still enjoyable.

Mara

Night at the Museum 2: Battle at the Smithsonian

Fairly entertaining. But not as good as the first.

Bonus points for including Darth Vader, though.

Drake

I was kind of disappointed in it, actually. Sure, it was entertaining but it was such a stretch compared to the first. I mean, come on...the Smithsonian would have an entire phalanx of night guards and yet there were none when all of that was going on. Also, the Wright Bros. plane flew impossibly well, making some rapid dives and turns through the Air & Space museum.

The whole army of the underworld thing was stupid.

Darth Vader should not have been in it if he didn't talk. He's the #1 villain and now he is reduced to a source of ridicule by a pharaoh with a lisp.

1 hour until sunrise. Amelia flies the whole Natural History crew (in her small plane) from DC to New York then somehow flies back before she gets dusted (or so we assume). Not to mention the fact that she flew an airplane INTO New York. I guess NORAD and all the defenses put up after 9/11 were taking a break that night...along with all the night guards, of course.

There were just too many flaws in reason to make it enjoyable for me. Plus, the instant the Jonas assholes appeared on-screen, I lost hope for the whole movie.

Edited by Drake

Mara

They probably couldn't get James Earl Jones or an impersonator to speak for Darth. :p

But I agree. Him just gesturing with his fist was lame.

Drake

Vader would have been able to use his lightsaber AND he would have had at least some Stormtrooper backup. So much wasted potential.

Uncle Du

So now I will NEVER watch this movie. :p

Mara

Vader would have been able to use his lightsaber AND he would have had at least some Stormtrooper backup. So much wasted potential.

Depends on if he was put in the Smithsonian with his lightsaber... and there were Stormtroopers there, too. :p

Drake

From here.

The images of these characters, through artwork, costumes, and models, allows visitors to immerse themselves in a galaxy far, far away. Star Wars: The Magic of Myth drew visitors to view well-known artifacts arranged in the order they appeared in the original trilogy. The costumes of Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, and Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi were presented alongside the characters of Darth Vader, C-3PO (See-Threepio), R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo), Chewbacca, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, and Yoda.

Production models, including an eight-foot-long production model of the Imperial Star Destroyer, and props, such as Darth Vader's and Luke Skywalker's lightsabers, are featured within the context of the exhibition.

No Stormies but his lightsaber was there. :p

Uncle Du

:lol:

Princess

Hey people! Spoiler tags please!

Drake

Whine whine whine. Fixed it just for you. :p

Mara

From here.

The images of these characters, through artwork, costumes, and models, allows visitors to immerse themselves in a galaxy far, far away. Star Wars: The Magic of Myth drew visitors to view well-known artifacts arranged in the order they appeared in the original trilogy. The costumes of Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Lando Calrissian, and Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi were presented alongside the characters of Darth Vader, C-3PO (See-Threepio), R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo), Chewbacca, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett, and Yoda.

Production models, including an eight-foot-long production model of the Imperial Star Destroyer, and props, such as Darth Vader's and Luke Skywalker's lightsabers, are featured within the context of the exhibition.

No Stormies but his lightsaber was there. :p

Well, there you go. :p

Uncle Du

Haha, I read D's whole post and I guess never realized it was like the entire plot of the movie, LMAO.

Drake

My annoyance surpassed spoiler tags. :p

Bad furday

If that's all there is, coupled with gross inaccuracies, then I will not go see it. :p

Drake

That's not all there is. There are really funny parts and a whole list of comedy actors...mostly people from The Office. The Abe Lincoln statue was hilarious. :p

Mara

"Abe, freeze!"

Haha, I loved his pose. :p

Chickenman

You know, I was worried they wouldn't be able to top the scene in the first one where Ben Stiller gets repeatedly slapped by a monkey (if you haven't seen it, may I kindly refer you to every single commercial from the movie?) but god damn it, they did it!

You see, it's all in the math.

Ben Stiller + Being Slapped by a Moneky = HI-LARITY

therefore:

Ben Stiller + Being Slapped by a Monkey X 2 = HI-LARITY X 2!!!!1!!!11!!!!

I wonder what kooky tricks they have up their sleeves for the third movie! :eek:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.