Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Presidential Debate At 9pm On Cspan

Andy

:lol:

CorSec

Yeah. Football does have everything to do with running a country :p :lol:

Mickey

obviously not, but still bloody funny

Tsl

Just watched the debate (I recorded it because I had to work). I didn't see a clear winner...just alot of avoiding questions. And plenty of lies on both sides. I was quite disappointed.

Bush answered every question with "Yeah, but I made the No Child Left Behind Act!" Which is a wonderful idea, but an unfunded mandate, which automatically makes it crap.

Kerry answered every question with "Americans are subsidizing their own job loss." or "You cut taxes for the upper 2%" whether it had any relevance to the question asked or not.

Oh, and they're both wrong on the issue of healthcare cost increase. It's caused by a combonation of craploads of lawsuits which increase the cost of malpractice insurance and general costs to the public (Kerry's wrong on that one, Bush has it right), the fact that most hospitals have 50% or more of their patients on Medicaid (which pays only a very small percentage of costs) or completely without insurance, which means they have to write off all or most of those patient's bills which means they have to charge everyone else more (neither candidate hit on that, really. Kerry did a little bit), and the simple fact that CT scanners, MRI machines, and all that other fancy equipment is really freaking expensive to purchase and maintain and hire trained folks to operate it.

I also think the moderator guy needs to have his ass kicked. What the kriff kind of questions were those?!! "I understand we are all married and have children. Discuss." "Does your faith affect you?" "I am now going to ask a loaded question that has nothing to do with Presidency because I'm a big moron. Mr. President, why did you say you consulted a higher authority about Iraq?"

I did like Bush's response on that last stupid question: "Er...it means I pray alot..."

DUH, Bob! lol

Edited by Tsl

Ender

:lol: Nice one, Tsl. Yeah, all the moderators, especially the one for the VP debate were horrible. They all let them get away with things they shouldnt have. Then again, it's not much of a change from any other Presidential debate.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.