Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
TheUnknown

Presidential Debate At 9pm On Cspan

Drake

All politicians lie. That is their weakness. The weakness of most people is that they blindly believe the lies. This is why many people will have trouble adapting when I take over.

Drake

I didn't catch this one. Tonight, Diablo was more important.

If you mean the game then I would agree with you....if I had the game, that is. :(

Uncle Du

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone...politicians...lie?

;)

Uncle Du

If you mean the game then I would agree with you....if I had the game, that is

Indeed, I do mean the game. I'm still addicted, and the damn thing is like 2 years old.

Bushy

Liberal Media? We've gone over this again and again. The reporters might be liberal, the editors are not. It cant be liberal or they lose conservative viewers. And I seem to remember many a republican claiming the first debate was a tie...

Wrong, very wrong. I know a few people in the news buisness. Many a reporter or writer are conservative, and many are also very liberal. The editors though, are primarilly liberal, or seem to think that the American public wants to hear liberally slanted news. Although it does seem to get them ratings, all the scandal and gossip :roll: The editors have the last say in what gets printed/shown/aired. They edit out things, add things, do whatever they think will get their paper/show ratings and viewers. That's the way the news buisness works. Truth takes a backseat to ratings and income.

That's all I'll touch on regarding your slew of quotes. It's painfully hard to read and follow, all the broken thoughts... Here are my feelings about tonights debate, feel free to pick away at it like little vultures...

[NOTE - This was written for a different board. In the interest of my personal sleep, gaming and movie time, I have simply copied it verbatum for your reading pleasure (or displeasure, or what have you)]

====================

Anyways, saw the dee-bate.  Here are my thoughts...

Looking at it from an unbiased standpoint, I saw a G. W. Bush who came out aggressive, guns blazing, ready to answer and challenge every question, and back it all up with information and facts.  I saw a Kerry who made a lot of sarcastic and snide remarks, who called Bush a liar to his face without giving any reason for why he's right and Bush isn't, and also a Kerry who stumbled badly over a question about Embryotic Stem Cell research.  That woman sure owned him with her question.  Lots of people have been cured through umbilical cord and other stem cell related research, but not one person has been cured or even remotely helped by the dabling in embryotic stem cell research.  What's the matter Kerry, your sense of morals catching up to you?  You starting to realize that maybe it's not a good idea to sacrifice a living embryo for what "may possibly" cure "millions" of people?  Not only that, but after a 10 second silence, Kerry stalled even further by patronizing the woman with "I respect your opinion, err, ahh, blah blah ewoking blah".  What a dope.

Now, from a conservative standpoint.  Kerry got shut down.  Made a fool of himself.  Looked rediculous with his overdose of sarcasm, while Bush did a masterful job of staying aggressive, taking every oportunity for rebuttal, knew exactly what to say to all his challengers, and overal owned Kerry.  At this point, if you still want to vote for Kerry, you either are so hopelessly missinformed that you're living under a rock or just plain ignorant, or you're so god damned biased that you refuse to see the fact that Kerry is just saying what the public wants to hear, and the public is accepting it and following along like dutiful little sheep.  It's disgusting.

And one more thing.  Kerry made a statement about homeland security.  Saying that security at power plants and nuclear plants is getting lax, etc..  Ha.  I laugh.  My father is a boiler repairman for PSE&G.  They work on the nuke plant in Salem, NJ.  I've been there once, before 9/11.  There were armed guards on the roofs, guard houses everywhere, etc.  Now, they put in rocks the size of my sectional sofa along the roads so that you can't just drive up with a bomb.  They installed a barrier underground, that rises up and has the ability to stop a 30 ton truck going 55 mph dead in it's tracks.  Dover AFB routinely flies sorties over the plant.  There are guards and bomb sniffing dogs patrolling the compound.  Once my dad was out in the rain after making a weld, and it was freezing, so he and his buddy started running back to the building that had the lockers, and a bunch of guards with shotguns were on top of them in seconds, just because their running was suspicious looking.  Wow Mr. Kerry, that's some pretty passive security there.  :roll:

Then, when touching on the issue of importing drugs from Canada, Kerry wants to just allow it.  What happened to security?!  Then, in a feeble attempt to make us think that Bush is a flip-flopper too, he pointed out that Bush was all for free import of drugs from Canada.  Hey douchebag, that was before 9/11.  Y'know, when terrorist attacks caused the US to tighten security in an attempt to thwart further attacks?  Oh my f'ing god...  Kerry seems to be running out of lies, after his Vietnam record was blasted to all hell.  Owned?

Seriously, anyone who votes for this moron is--  Ah never mind....  I'll stop now before I get yelled at  :???:

CorSec

I started reading. Then skimmed. Then came to the understanding you could have saved 5-10 minutes by typing 'Kerry is an idiot' and then control c-ving it a bunch of times so you get the same amount of letters as the long version.

Bushy

Not really. There's actually good points in there, which most people won't realize because they'll be too offended by the "Kerry's a moron" bits. Ah well, it was to be expected.

CorSec

Good points. Sure. But then the fact that no one will listen just turns it into a "kerry moron moo" rant.

Drake

Great analogy. :p

bush-borg2.jpg

Bushy

My my, how insightfull and intelligent :roll:

Radioactive Isotope

Uh...yes...we are...If you prove me wrong then I'm wrong, but it is still ONE of the biggest in history. And we came off an administration that had a plan in motion that would have gotten RID of it in 12 years...

because he shut down so many military bases and didn't have their expenses to deal with. and that left us vunerable for 9/11 to happen. and before you say i'm jumping to conclusions here, if say North Korea's government suddenly started shutting down their military, wouldn't somebody be smart enough to go bomb them or something?

chozen

you believe having more bases would have stopped 9/11... ... ...

Tsl

Crap crap crap crap crap! I forgot to record the debate! *bashes head against wall*

Is there going to be another or did I miss out entirely?

Oh...and if you think bombing N. Korea while they are decreasing their military and therefore their threat to the world is a good idea, then you are eval. And the idea that more military could have stopped 9/11 is also stupid. How exactly could that have done anything? You think they would have been afraid to try it? These guys died as part of the plan. You think they'd have not done it for fear of being caught by the military? That makes no sense. It's an honor for these suicide bomber types to die in the process of trying to blow up Westerners, whether they succeed in their act of terrorism or not. ANd if you're thinking that decreased military numbers would make them believe we wouldn't attack them...well, duh. It's Afganistan. They have like 3 planes, and two of them are from WWI, lol. We'd kick their asses before they realized we were after them if we really wanted to even with a smaller military, and that Osama guy is clever enough to know that. That "We will kick the US's ass" junk he and his leaders say all the time is just propaganda to pump up the troops and tick off our guys.

How would more bases have prevented anything. Nobody knew what was going on until it was too late. You'd have them shoot down the planes over the middle of NYC? Like that would have prevented deaths....riiight. They all figured the planes were headed to some airport or someplace, like most hijacked planes, y'know? The hijackers normally want money or asylum or something, and the passengers are hostages.

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but blaming Democrats/Clinton for 9/11 is just so inherently wrong on so many levels....

chozen

Afghanistan... had more tahn two planes.. they had MIGs.. and.. the Taliban weren't really the same peopel behind the 9/11 bombings.

chozen

Anyways, sorry for the rant, but blaming Democrats/Clinton for 9/11 is just so inherently wrong on so many levels....

'tis why idiots shouldn't deabte..

mmm.. ham Sandwiches

Edited by chozen

GI_Admiral

In addition bases around the world can lead to more hatred for the US.

CorSec

I'm personally offended by Bushys sig. I demand justice. :p

Andy

I'm personally offended by your face. :p

Nah, j/k... I love you really... In a brotherly non-homosexual manner, of course.

GI_Admiral

Just glancing at it it looked wrong...but from a different mindset...

Tsl

Afghanistan... had more tahn two planes.. they had MIGs.. and.. the Taliban weren't really the same peopel behind the 9/11 bombings.

exagerationess :roll:

get over it.

GI_Admiral

The Taliban was a sponser of terrorism is why we went after them. That was a legit reason.

Tsl

One thing I did catch during the debate was Bush saying that he blocked cheaper drugs from Canada because he questioned their safety.

...Oh come on! It's Canada!

That and one of the most powerful PACs in this country is Pharma, which lobbies for the Pharmeceutical companies. They are very quiet, and most people don't seem to know they exist, but they give loads of money to various candidates in return for legislation and policies favoring the Phamacuetical companies. That would be the real, honest reason for blocking drugs from Canada....st00pid politicians...

chozen

exagerationess :roll:

get over it.

yeah well you spelt Afghanistan wrong.. I was just highlighting that fact without bringing too much attention to yourself.. !!!

:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: :roll:

CorSec

I'm personally offended by your face. :p

burn!1.1.1oen :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.