Jump to content
Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

    We would be honored if you would join us...

Sticks

The Weather Lookout

Recommended Posts

Pandora

I getting so freaking sick of tornados and floods and power outages and downed powerlines and traffic signals being out. So. Freaking. Sick. Couldn't even have a conversation with my dad on the phone today because I was on campus and there's apparently, like, four effing sirens and I was between all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

Jealous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

The trailer park across the street is flooded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

God hates trailor parks. It's a known fact.

Clear day today, but more rain coming. And just because we're not getting any new rainfall today doesn't mean the Mississippi and her tributaries aren't backin' it on up. Saw aerial photos of Mud Island (which is an island in the Mississippi with a bunch of swanky homes and condos) last night... they pay big bucks for river-view property; they get an extra close-look for free!

Minus the cost of the entire island potentially going underwater. *sigh*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

Ahhhh it's FINALLY warmed up and it looks like it is FINALLY going to stay that way. Yesterday marks the official start of my summer because I hit the pool for the first time this season and it was blissful!

:D *this is a happy Pod*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

I heard the tornado sirens for the first time in my county tonight. In my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

Really? I have a hard time not ignoring them anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

I've been displeased by the lack of weather we've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

It looks like another beautiful day with no clouds to impede the sun. *happy sigh* Time to bust out the SPF 60 before I roast...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

Elijah at work tweeted Facebooked about herself having got a bad sunburn - I had no idea how until I saw her at work last night- Very red! :eek: You can see the lines of the neck straps of the dress/top/bikini top she was wearing clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake Durron

I just hope to god there is no weather until I get to NY this weekend... HOLY CRAP!

My car is packed to the gills... then I realized I didn't have my clothes in... so I went to goodwill and bought two suitcases and packed my clothes in them and lashed them down to my roof. *yes my car looks like Jed's*

So now I gotta hope that it doesn't rain and soak the suitcases.

Not to mention I really don't wanna drive the hillbilly wagon in the rain. the ropes for the suitcases impede the wiper blades and my trunk is practically dragging on the ground... too many books lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

*yes my car looks like Jed's*

Except he went to Calafornee and you went to NY, :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Radioactive Isotope

It looks like another beautiful day with no clouds to impede the sun. *happy sigh* Time to bust out the SPF 60 before I roast...

I have SPF 85. I win. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I have 100...your argument is invalid... :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ayingel

I haven't been getting colour lately, no matter how long I stay outside = \

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

That SPF 100 (or 85) is really not all it's cracked up to be. Y'all don't forget, I spent the last 5 years of my life selling skincare and sun protection. You think I spend less than $25 per tube? :p I get da bestest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
James the Defender

I heard on the news anything over SPF 30 isn't really necessary. I actually ran out of the 100. I'm going to get 30 next, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

Ah yes because the news knows everything, lol :p.

The SPF isn't so much the strength of the protection but the length of it, barring the interference of sweat or water. Kinda like how lightyears don't really measure time. What you want to look for in a sunscreen if you are going to be swimming or sweating for any length of time is one that absorbs well into the skin. So for instance, I have this SPF 50 that Lancome used to make (best stuff EVAH) that is still effective up to 45 minutes after toweling off. Remember that most brands claim to be "water proof" but this does not mean that the substance is not more quickly broken down after being in the water. Then removing sweat or water by any means other than evaporation further diminishes its efficacy and essentially can wipe it off. Your first application should be between 15 and 30 minutes before you actually go into the sun. This gives the product time to absorb so it won't be broken down so quickly. It works by giving the sun something besides your skin cells to break down, so if it hasn't had a chance to absorb and activate, it doesn't do much good.

The moral of the story: apply early, reapply often. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bad furday

*looks incredibly shifty* :shifty:

Sunburning has never been an issue for me. :p :shifty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

Trust me, short dark and furry, you too can burn. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Princess

My skin is alternating between it's white and lobster red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake Durron

hehehe me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pandora

I was in indirect sunlight for like all of an hour this weekend and I've got these awful freckles. :( I'm just lucky I didn't roast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake Durron

I'm all freckled too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mara

I think the highest I've used is SPF 50, and I have the pasty white burnable skin of a redhead. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.