Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sticks

The Weather Lookout

Mara

Took me almost 20 minutes to clean my car off last night. Good cardio, at least. :p

Bad furday

It's snowing out now, and the roads are pretty bad. It wasn't supposed to keep snowing throughout the day, but it has.

• Upvote 1

Radioactive Isotope

Yesterday I ran out of windshield wiper fluid on the interstate and had to pull over so I could refill the tank. And then the jets kept freezing shut and when they were unfroze, fluid kept freezing to my windshield. >.<

Ayingel

did you have the heat blowing onto the windshield?

Radioactive Isotope

Oh yeah. My defroster was running full blast, but it didn't help. Next time I buy wiper fluid, I'm getting the sub-zero kind.

Ayingel

that stuff works to melt ice on your windshield, too ^_^ just make sure the snow is off of your windshield wiper well (or whatever you call that area thats between the glass and the hood where the blades sit) and you shouldn't have many problems

Mara

Bah, the snow is back.

Bad furday

It rained her pretty much the whole day. :(

Here's why I woke up...to the sound of roaring water!

rain1.jpg

rain3.jpg

rain2.jpg

Our side of the street is usually unaffected when this happens, but some water ( from the street) had crept into the concrete floor of the basement, so we had to mop that up.

There was 3 inches of standing water on our back patio, which is right up against the basement wall, so I had to push that off with a push broom.

Ayingel

well, there were blizzard warnings yesterday (which weren't posted until AFTER i had come back from school)...which make sense since the highway at sometimes was a whiteout because of the lack of trees....still not a blizzard tho...so now i need to go to work :(

Mara

Just some light flurries here, so far.

James the Defender

Getting 12+ inches Fri night into Sat...this cramps my style...I love the snow, but I'm supposed to go over a friend's house to shoot pool on Sat (we've been trying since he got the table up in Dec. and just haven't been able to get it together)

On Sunday, I'm slated to give the public address part of the meeting at another congregation and I have a Super Bowl party later on in the evening...

:mad: @ so much snow!

Edited by James the Defender

Bad furday

The roads were scary coming back from work this morning...nearly wrecked it twice! :eek: :p

Zcetaa

Getting 12+ inches Fri night into Sat...this cramps my style...I love the snow, but I'm supposed to go over a friend's house to shoot pool on Sat (we've been trying since he got the table up in Dec. and just haven't been able to get it together)

On Sunday, I'm slated to give the public address part of the meeting at another congregation and I have a Super Bowl party later on in the evening...

:mad: @ so much snow!

We got over 2 feet it looks like. :)

Edited by Zcetaa

Mara

Nice big snowstorm coming my way now, apparently. Tuesday/Wednesday.

Ayingel

we're still getting snow from the storm headed your way. parts of mn are getting a foot...we're getting somewhere between 7 and 9 inches...

Princess

Oh yay...

James the Defender

Another 1-2 feet coming this way between tonight and tomorrow. If we get 2 feet that'll bring this winter's snowfall total to about 6 feet... That's only four inches shorter than I am, lol

Mara

Yeah, over here we're supposed to have a foot by Weds. evening.

Right now it seems to be more blowing than snowing, though.

Ayingel

thats what it was for me mostly after the first day...i was hitting whiteouts tho when i was on the highway in places without trees

Ender

We're supposed to have a blizzard on Wednesday, whiteouts and everything. Manhattan in a whiteout is going to be AWESOME.

Bad furday

There be snow here! A few inches at least...nothing's plowed yet. I have to head out to work in a few minutes. :shifty: :p

Princess

Take some pictures Ender

Bad furday

Even more snow than last night! Driving back home was treacherous!

Mara

Here here.

Driving home last night was dreadful. But luckily the huge snowstorm wasn't as big as was being forecasted. Was sunny when I got up this morning, and now only light flurries.

Ender

My camera's been kaput for a long time, but I think my photographer friend has got some already. I'll ask if he'll send me some copies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.